Internet hipster fans

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Our support is rife with these spastics over the last few years, creeps that sit glued to football manager and suggest we 'take a gamble' on some random Venezuelan winger cos he got them on a free on the computer, and think that makes them football geniuses.. the same idiots clamouring over Ian fucking Cathro. They blame Pedro and want him gone etc when he is clearly managing a team of English league 1/2 rejects, that have fucked up every record possible this season, and that were signed by the mug before him, he's found out quickly what we all know, that the players are useless. He has to pick them til he gets his own players, some cunts just can't wait to put the boot into him just to say I told you so. Get a fucking grip.

Yaaaaaaass!!!! ?

Theres loads of folk like this, I know plenty of folk who think they know everything about football but never watch a game, they think they know who all the best players etc are based on their rating in the FIFA game and FM.

I only really watch Rangers, i occasionally watch other games in the pub but usually dont pay much attention, id rather watch Rangers play Montrose than watch a Champions League game because I dont support any other teams other than Rangers so unless we're playing I dont really care about other games. Im more of a Rangers fan than a football fan. So im not great at reading games, not great at discussing tactics etc, at least not like some folk I know who can describe games in detail from 20 years ago. But I laugh when I speak to folk who will maybe watch one or two games a season who think theyre experts because of a computer game.

That said you dont need to be a professional pundit to see we're pish and the manager is struggling.

The first thing wee Pedro needs to do is SHUT HIS BIG FUCKING MOUTH. Another manager, like Warburton, who could talk a good game and little more by the looks of it. The only thing worth noting since he came in is the way he talks to the press and thats it. Another manager who thinks hes the ticket. Whos getting humiliated by a sheep shagger and a tranny shagger in the press. Shut your big fucking gub Pedro, youve earned zero bragging rights in this country, stop acting like a circus conductor asking us to step on up because the show you put on is shite.

He needs to get his head down and get his signings in ASAP, to be honest I dont want to hear another thing from him in the press until hes standing next to a new signing welcoming him to the Club. None of this "im going to bring in this guy and that guy" only for it to fall to bits and he looks like a fool again.

Im not saying he should be sacked, but at this point I do not like him. I think hes naive and hasnt got a grasp on Scottish culture or the media or the scottish game, which of course isnt his fault but hes too cocky for someone thats looking out his depth.

Dont know when ill feel ok judging him as a manager but things arent looking promising imo.

23 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Theres loads of folk like this, I know plenty of folk who think they know everything about football but never watch a game, they think they know who all the best players etc are based on their rating in the FIFA game and FM.

Kinda pisses me off with the whole FIFA and FM dismissal.

Yes you can go too far and say I've found this wee guy from Panama who's amazing and you can sign him for 50k etc. but at the same time the stats are all relative and hundreds of hours of people watching these players base gone into making the game. Is it really any different from saying, McKay is faster than Tavernier and Bates is slower than them both that translates to pace of 17 for McKay 13 for Tav and 7 for Bates? (Not saying those are the real stats before anyone pulls me up on it).

The FM database is a handy tool if you don't know a lot about certain players where they were scouted by people who do know about them. It's not the be all and end all but neither should it just be branded as childish and irrelevant.

12 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Yes you can go too far and say I've found this wee guy from Panama who's amazing and you can sign him for 50k etc. but at the same time the stats are all relative and hundreds of hours of people watching these players base gone into making the game. Is it really any different from saying, McKay is faster than Tavernier and Bates is slower than them both that translates to pace of 17 for McKay 13 for Tav and 7 for Bates? (Not saying those are the real stats before anyone pulls me up on it).

The FM database is a handy tool if you don't know a lot about certain players where they were scouted by people who do know about them. It's not the be all and end all but neither should it just be branded as childish and irrelevant.

Childish and irrelevant is exactly how it should be branded :lol: that's why you never see anyone in the real world of football using it as any sort of reference

4 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

Childish and irrelevant is exactly how it should be branded :lol: that's why you never see anyone in the real world of football using it as any sort of reference

Kinda going off topic but.....

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/aug/12/why-clubs-football-manager-scouting-tool

17 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

It is irrelevant. Yeah I know the production and scouting behind these games is excellent however it's just numbers.

yeah pace crossing etc is good on paper but I can see with my own eyes how inconsistent and poor McKay is don't need numbers from a computer game or people who don't go to games backing up an argument cos he's got good stats on fifa