Sack The Manager etc

Before anyone starts I'm not saying he's above criticism, far from it. Some of his substitutions at times have been puzzling e.g how Windass stayed on that pitch last night I'll never know. 

But I honestly don't understand the logic in calling for the man's head when you look at the dross he has to work with. These players have broken just about every record going this season and they were all signed by one man. 

I knew this would happen, Pedro came in and if we continued on course to have a train wreck of a season  he'd get the blame, whereas if it were the opposite he'd be the new Mourinho.

He simply has to be given a chance to bring his own players in although he'll probably be thrown under the bus by the board as expected, so let's see where we are come this time next year. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Before anyone starts I'm not saying he's above criticism, far from it. Some of his substitutions at times have been puzzling e.g how Windass stayed on that pitch last night I'll never know. 

But I honestly don't understand the logic in calling for the man's head when you look at the dross he has to work with. These players have broken just about every record going this season and they were all signed by one man. 

I knew this would happen, Pedro came in and if we continued on course to have a train wreck of a season  he'd get the blame, whereas if it were the opposite he'd be the new Mourinho.

He simply has to be given a chance to bring his own players in although he'll probably be thrown under the bus by the board as expected, so let's see where we are come this time next year. 

I was ripped a new one when he first came to the club and I was saying his management seems a big over the top and all you seem to read is discipline and more discipline. The last manager to come to a club and start all this pish was plg and he never lasted very long. We do need to give him a season to bring in players but something tells me he will look to foreign country's for players and I am 100% sure he will tie them up in long term contracts and if it doesn't work out yet again we are truely up the shitter worse than what Warburton left us its a massive gamble let's just hope investment comes sooner than later

When Murty was in charge, he started off poorly, and there were some calling on the board to get a manager in place asap. Now we've got folk wanting Murty back because he had a couple of decent results. Fickle?

We have to give Pedro some time, get his own players in, then start calling for his head, if things aren't going our way. It's not very good being a Bear just now, but we will be back on top soon. How soon? I don't know, but I do know one thing, I'd rather be a Billy than a tim.! ??

I disagree. He is going to be a total disaster for our club. Yes the players are poor we all agree however his lack of tactical ability and his inability to set the team up is alarming these are the basics of management the team has no shape players have no idea how he wants to play it's a shambles. Now here is the big question...  do we keep him hope when he brings in his own players it improves i  Or do we ditch him now cut our losses and appoint a safe pair of hands 

i don't think we can keep him as the writing is on the wall  and by the end of September we will be out of Europe and struggling in the league lumbered with more duds and yet another season written off 

get rid now might cost 2m but it will still cost 2m at Xmas or before at least going now will allow a safe pair of hands a bit of time albeit with no money to try and put together a team 

he was a ridiculous appointment a gamble when we couldn't afford to gamble and the clowns who appointed him must go too(Robertson and Park jr)

10 minutes ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

We do need to give him a season to bring in players but something tells me he will look to foreign country's for players and I am 100% sure he will tie them up in long term contracts...

I don't know how the contracts we give out would be different to how the rest of football works?

And signing foreign players over Scottish/British players would be bad?

Said before he came it was a fuckin ridiculous signing and was shot down by the resident experts. 

A new manager should be given time and his own signings , but we cannot build another complete squad of duds like the last two managers did , and if this guy is allowed to stay thats exactly whats going to happen.

4 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

...get rid now might cost 2m but it will still cost 2m at Xmas or before at least going now will allow a safe pair of hands a bit of time albeit with no money to try and put together a team...

Which safe pair of hands?

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Said before he came it was a fuckin ridiculous signing and was shot down by the resident experts. 

A new manager should be given time and his own signings , but we cannot build another complete squad of duds like the last two managers did , and if this guy is allowed to stay thats exactly whats going to happen.

And how do you know that mystic Meg? 

It's a waiting game. We have to go through the process with him now.  We have opinions on him but who knows how he will turn out?

We live in hope and need to be patient.  You need to be able to judge his signings and building process and that will be next year.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

And how do you know that mystic Meg? 

Stayed in Qatar last year and watched him , he was clueless in a shite league and finished 5th and 9th in both seasons . He knows fuck all about Scottish football other than the fact that he prefers the team from the other side of the city. It was a joke signing by King once again.

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

So he should or shouldn't be allowed time to bring the guaranteed 'duds' he wants to work with?

At this stage id like to see what he can do with his own signings. However there are warning signs, he talks a good game but hasn't followed it up on the park he might be better off winding it in a bit. The fact he didn't learn  from his first OF game and ended up with possibly our worst ever result a week later is alarming especially as Murty took them to our hardest away venue and got it tactically right. 

The end of the season has come at the right time, everyone has had enough. We will be full of optimism in 2 months time thats when  Pedro will really be judged but he then has no room for error and has to get off to a flyer.

Broken record here I know, but folk wanting to give him time seem to be ignoring the fact that he has come in and had no impact at all.

He has made a rotten bunch of players look worse.

How is that even possible?

He played the youngsters tonight because he had to - doesn't deserve any credit for that at all.

I am resigned to him being here, the main reason I am even slightly accepting of it is that I do not trust the board to sort it out if he does need to go.

His record alone in Qatar shows he should never even be anywhere near our club.

Im not looking to call folk out that want him given time, I just don't see what time will do to make a difference.

My main worry is that we will undoubtedly sign a better quality of player than we have right now. We may come closer to Celtic we even may win a trophy. But we still won't come near Celtic.

And you know what, most of our fans will be happy with that. Because they will say "look were we were last season"!

Its not good enough. 

I doubt we will get to the group stages in Europe.

I give it to the first old firm game to judge the manager, then all hell will break loose on the board.

You cant turn shite into a birthday cake, and that team he has been left is most certainly shite.

it is impossible to judge the man until he is given a COUPLE of transfer windows to  attempt to build his own team and own vision. Majority of these doo's left by warburton know there time is up and have downed tools.

3 minutes ago, Cam1872 said:

Broken record here I know, but folk wanting to give him time seem to be ignoring the fact that he has come in and had no impact at all.

He has made a rotten bunch of players look worse.

How is that even possible?

He played the youngsters tonight because he had to - doesn't deserve any credit for that at all.

I am resigned to him being here, the main reason I am even slightly accepting of it is that I do not trust the board to sort it out if he does need to go.

His record alone in Qatar shows he should never even be anywhere near our club.

Im not looking to call folk out that want him given time, I just don't see what time will do to make a difference.

He has come in and got tore into that squad. Hard graft and cancelling days off. It's clearly caused animosity and there's plenty of Warburtons pets that have chucked it, can't be trusted or seem to have gone.

He's to an extent used the remainder of this season for the benefit of next.

Hopefully the snubbing / dropping/ disciplining will see those not out of contract but that he wants away to do just that.

Kiernan, MOH, Forrester, Halliday, Holt, all spring to mind.

If his approach was to back them, keep playing them do you think we'd have picked up many more points, or that it would have made moving them on in the summer (we NEED them out to free up wages) as easy?

He's addressing the root problem now, not puting it off and that is exactly what's needed. And the result is dropped points and him having to play the only ones left, the kids. And it wasn't their performances last night that cost us.

He may or may not be the right man. But judging him whilst managing that squad, half of whom he's trying to force out the door and as a result he can't play, is mental.

3 minutes ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

You cant turn shite into a birthday cake, and that team he has been left is most certainly shite.

it is impossible to judge the man until he is given a COUPLE of transfer windows to  attempt to build his own team and own vision. Majority of these doo's left by warburton know there time is up and have downed tools.

You cant turn shite into a birthday cake - good point.

What about him turning shite into dug shite?

He has made this group look worse.

56 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

I disagree. He is going to be a total disaster for our club. Yes the players are poor we all agree however his lack of tactical ability and his inability to set the team up is alarming these are the basics of management the team has no shape players have no idea how he wants to play it's a shambles. Now here is the big question...  do we keep him hope when he brings in his own players it improves i  Or do we ditch him now cut our losses and appoint a safe pair of hands 

i don't think we can keep him as the writing is on the wall  and by the end of September we will be out of Europe and struggling in the league lumbered with more duds and yet another season written off 

get rid now might cost 2m but it will still cost 2m at Xmas or before at least going now will allow a safe pair of hands a bit of time albeit with no money to try and put together a team 

he was a ridiculous appointment a gamble when we couldn't afford to gamble and the clowns who appointed him must go too(Robertson and Park jr)

100%agree sadly 

It is going to cost another disgraceful season ,maybe longer 

It's a fucking tough one. On one hand you have to get behind the manager but on the other hand when  you have players giving the ball like we did last night you have your doubts. These players are taking a decent wage and do have to be held accountable like any of us if we fuck up doing our jobs. 

At the end of the day, Pedro needs some time and money to work with his own players going forward and then if he doesn't do the job obviously questions will be asked. Personally i would have liked to see someone come in who knows the club, league and history of Rangers but let's get this season out the way and see what Pedro has got to offer as for him has he has been given a big opportunity and it's time to make his mark.