Sack The Manager etc

He's sorting the men from the boys, testing their resilience and getting in their face. Weeding out the placid pussies and trying to create a team with aggression. Thank fuck because it's hard to watch weak willed non trier's in Rangers shirt 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Cam1872 said:

Broken record here I know, but folk wanting to give him time seem to be ignoring the fact that he has come in and had no impact at all.

He has made a rotten bunch of players look worse.

How is that even possible?

He played the youngsters tonight because he had to - doesn't deserve any credit for that at all.

I am resigned to him being here, the main reason I am even slightly accepting of it is that I do not trust the board to sort it out if he does need to go.

His record alone in Qatar shows he should never even be anywhere near our club.

I don't know if he's good, bad or indifferent as a manager. Qatari football is not my thing, but I'm guessing it's a league made up of not-very-good locals and mercenaries with little interest in the long term future of their clubs. I can imagine similarities to us right now in that regard.

I don't concede that he's made them look worse than before, just chosen not to try and make tactical allowances for it right now, a mistake in my opinion. It's also very possible for shit players to make themselves look even worse when they give up, more so when it should be clear to them that the manager shares the same opinion of them as most of us.

He deserves credit for playing youngsters, rather than giving into moaning players who have seemingly taken the huff at being called out before deciding that they're 'injured'. Far more to be lost from being as weak and meek as them.

18 minutes ago, Cam1872 said:

You cant turn shite into a birthday cake - good point.

What about him turning shite into dug shite?

He has made this group look worse.

Has he though or is the same group of players just turning over the same half arsed inconsistent lazynperformances they have done all season? Agreed we are no better, but i also think we r no worse, its been the same inconsistent shite all season

4 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

He's sorting the men from the boys, testing their resilience and getting in their face. Weeding out the placid pussies and trying to create a team with aggression. Thank fuck because it's hard to watch weak willed non trier's in Rangers shirt 

One of these "placid pussies" has pulled out 'injured' on morning of past 2 old firm games yet Pedro has continued to play him.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Before anyone starts I'm not saying he's above criticism, far from it. Some of his substitutions at times have been puzzling e.g how Windass stayed on that pitch last night I'll never know. 

But I honestly don't understand the logic in calling for the man's head when you look at the dross he has to work with. These players have broken just about every record going this season and they were all signed by one man. 

I knew this would happen, Pedro came in and if we continued on course to have a train wreck of a season  he'd get the blame, whereas if it were the opposite he'd be the new Mourinho.

He simply has to be given a chance to bring his own players in although he'll probably be thrown under the bus by the board as expected, so let's see where we are come this time next year. 

This x 100 mate , well said 

tbh I think the only reason windass was left on the park last night was because hodson got injured so quickly and toral was having a stinker!!

I think he has totally underestimated the job here. We are all about winning, first and foremost, but if we can't win, don't lose.

Yes, he is assessing the squad, but he should have tried to steady the ship, make us hard to beat and go from there. Instead he has left us wide open in the 2 defeats to the Paedos and then we play the same useless formation again last night (why not pack the midfield and stifle their attacks)

Then there is the alienation of members of the squad (MOH, Forrester and Kiernan) and the whole short summer holiday issue. His management style seems to be strict disciplinarian which can work, but often leads to squad revolt  (see PLG).

His honeymoon period is well and truly over for me. I think he'll be gone by end of November tbh with us sitting 3rd or 4th and having a squad full of foreign mercenaries that will be hard to shift.

I can see next season going pretty much the same way this one has went. We'll sign all these players in the summer who will end up being shite, we'll then plod along until Xmas then the board will realise they've made a mistake and not want to give Pedro any money in January.

8 minutes ago, there'sonlyoneamoruso said:

I think he has totally underestimated the job here. We are all about winning, first and foremost, but if we can't win, don't lose.

Yes, he is assessing the squad, but he should have tried to steady the ship, make us hard to beat and go from there. Instead he has left us wide open in the 2 defeats to the Paedos and then we play the same useless formation again last night (why not pack the midfield and stifle their attacks)

Then there is the alienation of members of the squad (MOH, Forrester and Kiernan) and the whole short summer holiday issue. His management style seems to be strict disciplinarian which can work, but often leads to squad revolt  (see PLG).

His honeymoon period is well and truly over for me. I think he'll be gone by end of November tbh with us sitting 3rd or 4th and having a squad full of foreign mercenaries that will be hard to shift.

Well, he got it right on the MOH, Forrester and Kiernan front, we'll just have to wait and hope he gets it right, because he's going nowhere in the short term.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Before anyone starts I'm not saying he's above criticism, far from it. Some of his substitutions at times have been puzzling e.g how Windass stayed on that pitch last night I'll never know. 

But I honestly don't understand the logic in calling for the man's head when you look at the dross he has to work with. These players have broken just about every record going this season and they were all signed by one man. 

I knew this would happen, Pedro came in and if we continued on course to have a train wreck of a season  he'd get the blame, whereas if it were the opposite he'd be the new Mourinho.

He simply has to be given a chance to bring his own players in although he'll probably be thrown under the bus by the board as expected, so let's see where we are come this time next year. 

I don't even think he'll get the season bud..  I'm sure Pedro has his targets but the down side is they'll more than likely be 90% foreign and the risk of them settling at once under huge pressure is quite high.  But like you say, that would suit the board to a tee

Pedro just needs to get his own style and players set in at the club, then we will see how he can perform, The funds available will most likely be for a second placed finish, Here's hoping that we get the players he wants and they actually are able to challenge for the league. Funds will be a big issue in his leadership of Rangers.

People saying he has to have his own players, but why? Were we not supposed to have a DOF for that? This manager was brought in to coach players, and he is not a coach; he is certainly not a manager because the players don't look as if they are happy to play for him. What happened to the DOF idea again? Caixinha isn't the main problem, but whoever chose him as manager had made a huge mistake for this club.

Just now, teddybears1872 said:

Pedro just needs to get his own style and players set in at the club, then we will see how he can perform, The funds available will most likely be for a second placed finish, Here's hoping that we get the players he wants and they actually are able to challenge for the league. Funds will be a big issue in his leadership of Rangers.

Let's face facts; if there were funds there worth talking about then he wouldn't be at Rangers in the first place.

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

We are stuck with him now cause we don't have the cash to pay him off.

That's the point 2m to sack him now it will still be 2m to sack him at Xmas  the difference is by Xmas another season will be written off costing more money and we will be lumbered with a load of duds again sack him now and we maybe just get it right and improve and be competitive next season albeit with a much reduced budget however still the second highest in the league 

33 minutes ago, talesfromtheriverbank said:

It's a fucking tough one. On one hand you have to get behind the manager but on the other hand when  you have players giving the ball like we did last night you have your doubts. These players are taking a decent wage and do have to be held accountable like any of us if we fuck up doing our jobs. 

At the end of the day, Pedro needs some time and money to work with his own players going forward and then if he doesn't do the job obviously questions will be asked. Personally i would have liked to see someone come in who knows the club, league and history of Rangers but let's get this season out the way and see what Pedro has got to offer as for him has he has been given a big opportunity and it's time to make his mark. 

The fact that I just don't trust him worries me more .His mannerisms in OF game

He was just too friendly to scum manager for my liking 

.Also the heavy defeat to our biggest rivals 

Like MW .Talks a good game in the media but I genuinely believe he is going to cost us many humiliations in the future ..And I mean sickening ones like last night and the 1-5 defeat 

My ST is bought but I must be seriously mad going against where I think he will take us 

21 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

I can see next season going pretty much the same way this one has went. We'll sign all these players in the summer who will end up being shite, we'll then plod along until Xmas then the board will realise they've made a mistake and not want to give Pedro any money in January.

Yeah that's how I see it panning out too 

depressing 

46 minutes ago, Cam1872 said:

You cant turn shite into a birthday cake - good point.

What about him turning shite into dug shite?

He has made this group look worse.

They've done that themselves. I wonder how many have already been told they are out the door at the end of the season and have downed tools? Toral will know he's not coming back so doesn't want to risk getting injured. The youngsters are putting effort in because they see a genuine chance to breakthrough.

This shambles has been ongoing for for at least 5 years, a dozen games wont sort it let alone a season. With what we have it will be at least 3 to 4 transfer windows to begin to put right. 

What we should expect though is an improvement in heart and effort as a team and a team spirit that appears to be missing completely this season. 

Just now, GeeSS said:

That's the point 2m to sack him now it will still be 2m to sack him at Xmas  the difference is by Xmas another season will be written off costing more money and we will be lumbered with a load of duds again sack him now and we maybe just get it right and improve and be competitive next season albeit with a much reduced budget however still the second highest in the league 

OK let's play this one out.

Sack him and his assistants who are all on good lengthy contracts. 2m? Don't think that would come close. £3m upwards.

Who is this saviour who is going to turn this squad less Hill into a creditable title challenge? Name names. Hopefully not someone under contract as that's more money.

And then onto the squad. Someone can turn that lot into winners? Or are freebies going to do it. Assume these freebies wages are in addition to those currently here or is this new guy expecting to come in with the decks cleared? Do we pay some of them off?

Does he still have a budget to spend, how much, and what are the expectations?

How much are we at now, for what expectations? Is it still worth it rather than see what this guy can do with at least a transfer window????

I counted at least 5 times last night when an Aberdeen midfielder ran towards our defense, and our players backed off / gave about 10 yards of space etc... 

These instances were not Pedro's doing. These instances - that have been common throughout our season - are our players bottling it and refusing to try / scared in case they break a nail. 

25 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

The fact that I just don't trust him worries me more .His mannerisms in OF game

He was just too friendly to scum manager for my liking 

.Also the heavy defeat to our biggest rivals 

Like MW .Talks a good game in the media but I genuinely believe he is going to cost us many humiliations in the future ..And I mean sickening ones like last night and the 1-5 defeat 

My ST is bought but I must be seriously mad going against where I think he will take us 

Can't disagree with any of that mate. Just hope we are proved wrong but like most I have my doubts.

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I want him to do well like I want everyone connected to Rangers to do well, but I really think even this early he's a fucking disaster, hope I'm proved way wrong and end up looking a tit but I doubt it , we're in a desperate state just now and he's not the man I believe can lead us out of it, fuck me these cunts have me on a right downer just now. 

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Because he's a fucking dud.

What have you seen from him that remotely suggests he can win us titles and turn everything around?

Is it his tactical nous?

Is it his man management skills?

Is it the fact he's clocking up embarrassing records this club held for donkeys years?

Look the squads pish and a riot BUT Pedro is part of that mince and has shown nothing since he has come here other than daft wee comments in the press that some lap ip yet when we get on the park it's just a shambles. He's been majorly lucky with 3 or 4 results scoring last minute goals despite playing like a highland league side.

I've watched football and Rangers for long enough to know when there's a guy in the dugout who's clearly not cut out for it and Pedro is exactly on of them. The board are ultimately to blame but everyone from the players to the board to Pedro is too. 

People talk about tactics, formations and decision making - but we are so limited through injuries and fallouts that he has virtually no option yhan to stick with the 433 at the moment. 

I've said a few times, and it doesn't seem to get much notice, but right now we're missing...

Barton, Rossiter, Kranjcar, Hyndman, Crooks, MOH, Forrester, Kiernan, Wallace, Hill, Wilson and others through injury or fallouts. We even lost Hodson last night, and have had injuries to Toral and others since he's taken over. 

I'm sure he'd love to have hooked Windass last night, but for who? We've literally no alternatives. His options are so limited that nearly half our outfielders were under 20 yesterday.