Sack The Manager etc

3 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

Embarrassing shouting for Pedro's head tbh.

Give the guy time, let him bring in his own players and judge him then. He has obviously asked the players to play in a way that is outwith their capabilities. This is turn, has shown him where to strengthen and who to get rid of.

Imo, the target of European qualification has been achieved. I think he and the board only stated that the targets when he came in were to win the Scottish Cup and to finish 2nd as they knew the fans would accept nothing less.

Having the players try to play in a way that is beyond them is a clear message to the board that we need real investment in our team. If Pedro was overly bothered about results atm (bearing in mind that Europe is guaranteed) then I think he would set up in a resilient way using the squad to best effect. He hasn't, he has played them in the style in which he wants to play in ghe long run which has exposed their total ineptitude so that he can show the fans, board etc how brutal they really are and to get backed properly in the search for real quality. 

Just my opinion. 

All of the above is just somebody's opinion. The fact that some are different from yours does not make them wrong

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Who would the safer options be though? McLeish or Davies? One of them had his time and signed some of the worst players we've had in recent times and would arguably be working with an even tighter budget this time, the other went into his last job and sacked his entire backroom staff and tried to run the whole club on his own. Loose cannon.

The only solution to our problems is major investment and the sad reality of our situation is that it's just not going to happen with King at the helm.

The closer we got to appointing Pedro the more obvious to me anyway it was that McInnes was the solid bet but no Robertson and the idiots in bazers wanted something out there and game changing. They should be chased out of Ibrox too.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

People talk about tactics, formations and decision making - but we are so limited through injuries and fallouts that he has virtually no option yhan to stick with the 433 at the moment. 

I've said a few times, and it doesn't seem to get much notice, but right now we're missing...

Barton, Rossiter, Kranjcar, Hyndman, Crooks, MOH, Forrester, Kiernan, Wallace, Hill, Wilson and others through injury or fallouts. We even lost Hodson last night, and have had injuries to Toral and others since he's taken over. 

I'm sure he'd love to have hooked Windass last night, but for who? We've literally no alternatives. His options are so limited that nearly half our outfielders were under 20 yesterday

And several others are under 24. Our problem is the players at the 20-24 age bracket are crap. This is when they should really be developing into good players, and being skillful, and showing their value. But they aren't.

So we had 4 players under 20, who played well. 4 (?) players under 24 who do not play consistently well (or are just crap). 

I'm still standing by Pedro just now. Hopefully get his own players in. 

And - maybe I can quote this post in a few years - but I don't see Barjonas, Beerman or A. Wilson in a few years being as crap as Waghorh et al are just now. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

The closer we got to appointing Pedro the more obvious to me anyway it was that McInnes was the solid bet but no Robertson and the idiots in bazers wanted something out there and game changing. They should be chased out of Ibrox too.

I don't think mcinnes is in any way a worse option in an era where we are short of investment. He has built a decent if not great side on no money at all.

Would have been a better man for the job under the circumstances I reckon

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Could we afford him though? How easy would Aberdeen be to deal with?

I know McLeish was offered it until the end of the season and turned it down. He also said that Caixinha being appointed will only end in tears. Whether that's based on something he's heard from inside Ibrox or whether it's just a mixture of his opinion and bitterness that he didn't get the permanent job, I don't know.

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Before anyone starts I'm not saying he's above criticism, far from it. Some of his substitutions at times have been puzzling e.g how Windass stayed on that pitch last night I'll never know. 

But I honestly don't understand the logic in calling for the man's head when you look at the dross he has to work with. These players have broken just about every record going this season and they were all signed by one man. 

I knew this would happen, Pedro came in and if we continued on course to have a train wreck of a season  he'd get the blame, whereas if it were the opposite he'd be the new Mourinho.

He simply has to be given a chance to bring his own players in although he'll probably be thrown under the bus by the board as expected, so let's see where we are come this time next year. 

100% Agree

49 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

We will know by October at the latest IMO whether Pedro is going to turn it around, I am hoping he can with some better players.

It is a worrying time that is for sure, and with about 35K season tickets renewed the board better do their part when bringing in players, once again the fans have done our bit.

Without adequate funding or the real magic hat, he or any other manager are destined for failure. The best we can expect is improving on the points gap, as we will be challenging for nothing for the foreseeable future. I do get the impression that some are actually expecting to challenge for the title, but are afraid to be upfront about it and I don't blame them, because that is a wholly unrealistic expectation under this board.

3 hours ago, GeeSS said:

I disagree. He is going to be a total disaster for our club. Yes the players are poor we all agree however his lack of tactical ability and his inability to set the team up is alarming these are the basics of management the team has no shape players have no idea how he wants to play it's a shambles. Now here is the big question...  do we keep him hope when he brings in his own players it improves i  Or do we ditch him now cut our losses and appoint a safe pair of hands 

i don't think we can keep him as the writing is on the wall  and by the end of September we will be out of Europe and struggling in the league lumbered with more duds and yet another season written off 

get rid now might cost 2m but it will still cost 2m at Xmas or before at least going now will allow a safe pair of hands a bit of time albeit with no money to try and put together a team 

he was a ridiculous appointment a gamble when we couldn't afford to gamble and the clowns who appointed him must go too(Robertson and Park jr)

Possibly out of Europe in the summer 

46 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

So from this squad what would your best 11 (including 3 new signings) be next season and what would your expectations be assuming they all stayed fit?

Edit

Hill senderos Toral and Hyndman are those leaving for certain. 

Who is being sold?

Fod 

Tav            New Guy  Wilson   Wallace/Beerman

New CDM/Rossiter

Windass/Barjonas      Krancjar    McKay 

Miller/New Guy

Garner

There are options coming through the youths too and Waghorn is limited but not as bad as is often made out

I Ohalloran will be sold, possibly Forrester and Crooks

Caixhina believes he has enough money to spend, that means it's about wise recruitment and getting the team to understand how he wants to play. I hope it does, and soon.

As others have said, I see no pattern to the play, he seems to be able to make changes for the better but we need a manager who can set up his team from the start and not wait until we have gone behind and on the back foot.

That was a shambles last night considering he beat them previously, so which manager got the tactics right on the night ?

Im starting to forget what a decent Rangers team looks like.

4 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

We just have to hope that those of you who think he just needs his own players are correct and those of us who think he is a complete dud are wrong.

Otherwise it's going to be a very long season next year

He or any other manager do not just need their own players, they need adequate funding to make a title challenge and will NOT be happening under this board. No matter how many mangers we go through or scaoegoat, that is the reality.

Now, pray tell us in honesty, are you seriously expecting a title challenge under this board? If you are, then it will be a long season. The one and the next and repeat.

The only tealistic expectation that I have, is closing the points gap. Nothing more, because that is who and what we are and will remain under this board.

14 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Could we afford him though? How easy would Aberdeen be to deal with?

I know McLeish was offered it until the end of the season and turned it down. He also said that Caixinha being appointed will only end in tears. Whether that's based on something he's heard from inside Ibrox or whether it's just a mixture of his opinion and bitterness that he didn't get the permanent job, I don't know.

We can afford to pay this clown Pedro 700k a year 

I'd be amazed if McInnes was on more than half that 

Milne was even saying in the media Rangers if they came calling they'd listen so instead we get Pedro and Aberdeen could be forgiven for thinking they're the second force 

Rangers FC do fuck all right on or off the pitch - Pedro is an extension of that 

14 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

We just have to hope that those of you who think he just needs his own players are correct and those of us who think he is a complete dud are wrong.

Otherwise it's going to be a very long season next year

I'm saying he needs his own squad to be judged properly as every manager should. 

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Before anyone starts I'm not saying he's above criticism, far from it. Some of his substitutions at times have been puzzling e.g how Windass stayed on that pitch last night I'll never know. 

But I honestly don't understand the logic in calling for the man's head when you look at the dross he has to work with. These players have broken just about every record going this season and they were all signed by one man. 

I knew this would happen, Pedro came in and if we continued on course to have a train wreck of a season  he'd get the blame, whereas if it were the opposite he'd be the new Mourinho.

He simply has to be given a chance to bring his own players in although he'll probably be thrown under the bus by the board as expected, so let's see where we are come this time next year. 

my only contention to all of this is that even Murty could get that shite performing against the scum, Pedro can't get them performing well against anyone unless you count a win as an indicator or "performing well". 

Even with his only players i don't see Pedro being a challenge to the nappy rippers so it's yet another season wasted in 17/18. i'd like to be proved wrong but i don't think i will. 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

We can afford to pay this clown Pedro 700k a year 

I'd be amazed if McInnes was on more than half that 

Milne was even saying in the media Rangers if they came calling they'd listen so instead we get Pedro and Aberdeen could be forgiven for thinking they're the second force 

Rangers FC do fuck all right on or off the pitch - Pedro is an extension of that 

It's one thing saying they'd listen and another thing being reasonable in the negotiations. I'm willing to bet they would have demanded a significant amount of compensation for us to take McInnes from them and tbh who's to say he'd even be worth it either?

I am behind Pedro and the agenda thats been driven against him by the media and supported by some fans is a disgrace. From the moment he walked in the door he was targeted. 

However, I can't ignore that he overseen our worst ever defeat at Ibrox v the tarriers and first loss against the sheep at Ibrox for 26 years. Shite players or not, he overseen it.  That makes me worry. 

45 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

He or any other manager do not just need their own players, they need adequate funding to make a title challenge and will NOT be happening under this board. No matter how many mangers we go through or scaoegoat, that is the reality.

Now, pray tell us in honesty, are you seriously expecting a title challenge under this board? If you are, then it will be a long season. The one and the next and repeat.

The only tealistic expectation that I have, is closing the points gap. Nothing more, because that is who and what we are and will remain under this board.

The very fact that I don't expect money for players is exactly the reason I believe we needed someone like McInnes. 

He has spent virtually nothing on that team. 

With even the limited budget we could provide I think he was the better bet.

As I said I hope I am completely wrong but don't see it

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

As others have said, I see no pattern to the play, he seems to be able to make changes for the better but we need a manager who can set up his team from the start and not wait until we have gone behind and on the back foot.

That was a shambles last night considering he beat them previously, so which manager got the tactics right on the night ?

Im starting to forget what a decent Rangers team looks like.

I'll say it again. You do not throw in 3  or 4 youngsters to win a game against a team above you. It aint hard to work out what he his doing. Better some faced the reality. We can at best expect an improvement in the points gap. Anything eles with this manager or any other is an unrealistic expectation. We ARE skint. We are NOT challalenging for any title next season or in the foreseeble future.

The scum have and are continuing to invest and improve, heavily! They ARE investing for the CL and NOT this shitty backwater, which they will totally dominate as a byproduct. They are NOT standing still awaiting our resurgence. 

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Now what are you realistically expecting us to achieve next season or the next, posed with that REAL scenario?

4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

I am behind Pedro and the agenda thats been driven against him by the media and supported by some fans is a disgrace. From the moment he walked in the door he was targeted. 

However, I can't ignore that he overseen our worst ever defeat at Ibrox v the tarriers and first loss against the sheep at Ibrox for 26 years. Shite players or not, he overseen it.  That makes me worry. 

Very unfair to say people who aren't happy with him are supporting a media driven agenda. He's the one who's getting it wrong on a weekly basis and that's why there's unrest.

4 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

The very fact that I don't expect money for players is exactly the reason I believe we needed someone like McInnes. 

He has spent virtually nothing on that team. 

With even a limited budget we could provide I think he was the better bet.

As I said I hope I am completely wrong but don't see it

We all hope we are completely wrong; it's nonsense to suggest anything else- we want this guy to succeed. Like you, I don't think he will do it, but we hope we are wrong.

37 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

All of the above is just somebody's opinion. The fact that some are different from yours does not make them wrong

Eh?

I stated my opinion and in my opinion the ones calling for Pedro's head are wrong.

If anywhere in my post is abusive then please point it out otherwise I don't know what your trying to imply.