Sack The Manager etc

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sket said:

And by the way any anger should be directed towards the board. The buck stops with them and King. We need serious investment,if they are either unwilling or unable then get to fuck and get someone in place who IS able and willing. Fucking playtime is well over. I've said it before but as it stands we are careering head first towards mediocrity. If they do 10 and then pass our title haul we've had it.

No, we then just have to win more to go back above them.

Just now, Sket said:

McInnes can fuck off as well. He's found his level being happy celebrating 2nd place.

What's McInnes done wrong exactly? having the audacity to be happy at guiding his team to their first win at Ibrox is almost 30-years and finishing comofrtably in second place? McInnes isn't the one in the wrong here. 

21 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

That actually sounds like something a board-friendly chum would issue.   We got no "new manager bounce" which nearly every club would get.  In fact we have regressed.   Nobody expected him to turn the players into a Real Madridesque squad but we had hoped for some sign of tactical nuance which hasn't been apparent to date.     He will not be sacked just now but people are correct to question whether he should have been appointed in the first instance.   

The new manager bounce is mostly just that-a bounce and you're back where you started or worse. When Celtic appointed Lou macari they beat us in his first match. They finished 4th behind us, motherwell and hibs.

7 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

I have to agree that snubbing McInnes was wrong.

Even if he did it at the last game ( he says he was just doing media interviews and was a bit late) then lowering yourself to that position does not help. He should have shown him how he would have expected to be treated

For a youngish guy, he's a boring old pathetic fart with a serious charisma bypass. If we weren't so shite and out of the top tier for so long, the sheep would be nowhere near where they are now and even that is a long way behind the scum.

Just another average manager in a backwater league.

18 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It's Aberdeen ffs mate how much can they resonably expect? didn't we have to give the mob Pedro came from 400k compo? I like him but it's Derek McInnes not an EPL manager in demand going to a rival club. 

It's pretty desperate sounding to try and claim we couldn't afford McInnes to justify Pedro's appointment. 

They wanted at least a million so I'm willing to bet we'd have had to pay more for him than we did for Caixinha. Seem to remember on here McInnes was being scoffed at whenever he was mentioned as well but suddenly he's turned into the best manager out there for us. I'd grudge paying Aberdeen anything for him tbh because it's one thing doing a job with a half decent Aberdeen side in a shite league and another thing entirely coming to us and being expected to challenge for titles because if there's one thing his teams don't have it's the bottle to deal with the pressure of big games.

18 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Not outbid rivals, but enough that he can bring in quality. We need it in spades all over the park. When I hear posters saying they would keep the like of Tav, I know we will never progress. Him and his like are at best the best of a very bad bunch and should never be near our jersey. What it tells me the pride has gone. Not hard to understand when having gone through what we did, but we are now all consumed by it and cannot rise above it. We now have the mindset of victims and losers. If our aspiration is keeping players like Tav, we have lost, far less the plot!

The root cause of our current problems lie with the board and not with some newbie no mark manager. He didn't appoint himself!

Start venting the anger at the board, to see if some change can be effected, as inreleasing more funds. That would be a start. If not, all we are producing is noise for the sake of it and going nowhere fast.

There's some truth in that, but I think that most folk keep Tav because he is far from the worst player we have and therefore not a priority to replace. He is good going forward and therefore we need a level of organisation and player initiative that allows him to do that.

The Board, I'm not so sure about. They have brought a real stability and some investment. A realistic level of investment. It is time though that they brought forward some real player investment so we have the spine (not spineless) that makes us strong in defence and inventive in attack. Most of that investment needs to be done this summer, no argument. If the right kind of investment isn't forthcoming, then I'll be joining you in petitioning the Board.

5 hours ago, GeeSS said:

I disagree. He is going to be a total disaster for our club. Yes the players are poor we all agree however his lack of tactical ability and his inability to set the team up is alarming these are the basics of management the team has no shape players have no idea how he wants to play it's a shambles. Now here is the big question...  do we keep him hope when he brings in his own players it improves i  Or do we ditch him now cut our losses and appoint a safe pair of hands 

is it his lack or the players lack of ability to adapt. given the performances of the players I would say its more the players inability to adapt and partly seeing out the season knowing most will be punted. in any line of work if you know your out the door do you give it 100% no you drift along till you walk.

again with the set up he has players who have been moved all over the pitch by warbs and he never found the right set up. so pedro is probably trying to see what he can get out of them again knowing who he will want to keep.

we have to be fair to him and give him at least a transfer window and a couple of months to settle them down then we can see what we have as a manager and a team. to call for his head at this point is wrong.it will also show how much the board back the man and that is important if not more important to our future.

12 minutes ago, writingranger said:

The new manager bounce is mostly just that-a bounce and you're back where you started or worse. When Celtic appointed Lou macari they beat us in his first match. They finished 4th behind us, motherwell and hibs.

I am well aware that the "bounce" is usually short-lived: my point was that we didn't get any bounce at all and in fact we tripped.

Just now, simplythebest said:

We can't afford to sack him and his staff this early if nothing else, whatever doubts there are the board made their choice so they need to back him as much as is possible and go from there

That could be even more costly though.

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

He wasn't injured, he shat the bed. He never tried a leg on saturday yet started last night and prceeded to do the exact same.

If he thinks Barjonas has potential then play him, if not then start Holt. Is he the answer- no but at least he'd try.

I'm not buying that a guy that's played in LaLiga, the Championship and was on the books of Barca and Arsenal was afraid of Scott Brown. 

I thibk he did try, and he always showed for the ball when others went hiding. He was rank rotten, but I don't think it was that he didn't try. 

I'd like to see more of Baronjas certainly. 

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Backing the manager. What are the indications that our problems will be resolved by giving him money to invest? 

There are no indications but after sacking him and his team we then need to spend money appointing a new management team and giving them money to invest, nobody will look at the season we've just had and not want to bring their own players in

There's no magic bullet to solving our problems, I'm talking in hope not expectation but I don't see any other choice

Just now, simplythebest said:

There are no indications but after sacking him and his team we then need to spend money appointing a new management team and giving them money to invest, nobody will look at the season we've just had and not want to bring their own players in

There's no magic bullet to solving our problems, I'm talking in hope not expectation but I don't see any other choice

I understand your point completely, but I think we may have cut our losses. If it's true De Boer was in anyway interested in being here  then I'd go there.

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I understand your point completely, but I think we may have cut our losses. If it's true De Boer was in anyway interested in being here  then I'd go there.

Do you not think if De Boer was interested we'd have went for him? Some people are just totally delusional. 

Here we go again, it seems like only yesterday we were singing the magic hat. Then it all turned sour.

Same posts on here, no plan B, no tactical sense, sets the team up wrong.

All of us would have preferred de Boer but it didn't work out for whatever reason.

Now Pedro is the bogey man, same complaints same answers.

Solutions --------  None.

Because he is playing with someone elses clubs ( golfers will understand ). The clubs don't fit him or his style so the game is rubbish.

Lets see what he does next season with his own clubs. Before we hang him out to dry.

de Boer was never going to happen because we were never going to match what he would have wanted financially both as a salary and in terms of what he would have wanted to work with in the transfer market.

Big name managers come with ambitions that our board are unwilling or don't have the resources to back.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I personally don't think so, but apparently The Dude was told be a reliable source he was interested.

Reliable sources and Dude seem to be quite a distance apart.

Just now, DBBTB said:

de Boer was never going to happen because we were never going to match what he would have wanted financially both as a salary and in terms of what he would have wanted to work with in the transfer market.

Big name managers comes with ambitions that our board are unwilling or don't have the resources to back.

Then why are they here?

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

If there was ever any truth in the De Boer stuff he'd be here or we'd at least have just left Murty in charge for the season if he didn't want to come till the summer

I don't see much encouragement with Pedro and I don't want us to leave it as long as Warburton was left if next season is looking completely hopeless, but I'm realistic that aside from it looking a bit ridiculous we simply can't afford to experiment with managers and change them every few months. Clubs that are known for that like Chelsea and Real Madrid have no problem doing it because paying people off and tempting new people isn't an issue