Sack The Manager etc

1 hour ago, OlegKuznetsov said:

Losing heavily at home to a really shite scum team, especially after the reserve team coach got a draw at the piggery, should be an instant dismissal.

They're undefeated domestically :lol: that's an absolutely unreal run of form for anyone, at anytime, regardless of opposition. 

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Finishing above us with our budget and theirs and ending their near 30 year winless streak at Ibrox is an achievement - say it isn't all you want but I'll happily call you a liar 

I won't be praising Brenda the same way I'm not praising Aberdeen im only acknowledging what they've did. Your definition of praise is different to mine.

For me the budget thing is only once it's established for a number of seasons. It takes time to build a squad. It's more of an argument for the coming season IMO. 

Its why the likes of Man City didn't win the league the season the shieks took over - you have to build over time. 

Sadly both the sheep (and to a lesser extent the filth - only doing what they should) do deserve some credit this year. 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Finishing above us with our budget and theirs and ending their near 30 year winless streak at Ibrox is an achievement - say it isn't all you want but I'll happily call you a liar 

I won't be praising Brenda the same way I'm not praising Aberdeen im only acknowledging what they've did. Your definition of praise is different to mine.

Small club mentality.

Like i said in my original post you quoted,he's found his level.

Sir Alex got humped 5-1 off City and suffered 6 defeats and 2 draws in 8 consecutive games in his third season. Going into 1990 they were tottering above relegation. Now Pedro may not even be a 10th of the manager Ferguson was but the plain fact is that none of us know whether he's going to be successful or not. Judging a manager by his first 7 weeks with a squad that is not his own is paranoid lunacy I would expect to find on Kerrydale.

I think the jury is very much out on Pedro's tactical ability, he's been using different systems in preparation for next season. His tactics at Pittrodrie unquestionably worked, while those against the Tims and Aberdeen have not.  Again, it's too early to judge definitively.

And our league must be the only one in the world where it is unthinkable for 2nd place to beat 3rd place away by a single goal. We're at a low ebb, like we have been before (several times in the last 15 years even). As Struth said the only way we'll come out stronger is if we are rational and level-headed. Pedro may or may not be the answer, but we won't know either way if we're making our final judgements on him after 2 months.

1 minute ago, Jmax1998 said:

Sir Alex got humped 5-1 off City and suffered 6 defeats and 2 draws in 8 consecutive games in his third season. Going into 1990 they were tottering above relegation. Now Pedro may not even be a 10th of the manager Ferguson was but the plain fact is that none of us know whether he's going to be successful or not. Judging a manager by his first 7 weeks with a squad that is not his own is paranoid lunacy I would expect to find on Kerrydale.

I think the jury is very much out on Pedro's tactical ability, he's been using different systems in preparation for next season. His tactics at Pittrodrie unquestionably worked, while those against the Tims and Aberdeen have not.  Again, it's too early to judge definitively.

And our league must be the only one in the world where it is unthinkable for 2nd place to beat 3rd place away by a single goal. We're at a low ebb, like we have been before (several times in the last 15 years even). As Struth said the only way we'll come out stronger is if we are rational and level-headed. Pedro may or may not be the answer, but we won't know either way if we're making our final judgements on him after 2 months.

Was wondering how long it would take for the Alex Ferguson comparison in early fortunes 

2 minutes ago, Jmax1998 said:

Sir Alex, is also arguably the best manager ever.

4 minutes ago, Jmax1998 said:

How many managers with an equal starting record to Sir Alex that went on to complete failures; what are the averages on that i wonder? You also rather neatly leave out that he had league championship and European success behind him into the bargain. I get your point, but it doesn't fully explain itself.

Which is why I specifically said Pedro is no Sir Alex. I used him because he's the only example that came to mind. 

If you'd have told me Brenda would have led the Tims to a treble undefeated after the Red Imps defeat I would have laughed in your face.

3 minutes ago, Jmax1998 said:

Which is why I specifically said Pedro is no Sir Alex. I used him because he's the only example that came to mind. 

If you'd have told me Brenda would have led the Tims to a treble undefeated after the Red Imps defeat I would have laughed in your face.

I take your point. If we look to next season, what are you looking for in the new manager?

8 hours ago, dan_ger said:

Warburton left a mess but I'm not convinced by Pedro at all to date. 

Hoping he can turn it around with his own players. 

This all day long. As some have pointed out, playing a narrow three in midfield against them was not the best idea - as one example. He does display some naivete in other areas as well. I'm pretty confident we'll get better players in over the summer and Aberdeen will lose some, making second a stick-on for me next year. They will probably lose Sinclair over the summer and Dumbells in the January window -- did you like his comment, "I'll stay for the CL campaign", ie when they lose in the groups, he'll go - so I expect the gap to be reduced next year just in the course of things. But will we get close to challenging them properly next year, as we should? That's the bit where I hae ma doots...

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I take your point. If we look to next season, what are you looking for in the new manager?

For one thing I hope he carries out his promise to sign men with character. Even the team we have now would have easily finished 2nd if they had some fight and determination about them. I'd like him to continue to give youth a chance where appropriate especially to young Beerman and Barjonas. Youth development seems to be an area where Celtic have been streets ahead of us and that has real financial ramifications.

As for expectations, that depends on the level of investment we see. The manager is confident that the board are going to deliver so taking his word for it I would expect a close 2nd at the least and a cup. Our peformances against Celtic obviously have to be better, we gave them far too much respect and they are unfortunately physically stronger as well as technically better. If he does indeed sign warriors I'd expect much closer contests, and I'd hope to be winning at Ibrox twice. But if losing to Celtic four times meant stopping 7 in a row I'd take it.

In terms of Europe I'd be happy just to take everything one game at a time and go as far as we can. Not much to say when we haven't seen the draw.

2 minutes ago, Jmax1998 said:

For one thing I hope he carries out his promise to sign men with character. Even the team we have now would have easily finished 2nd if they had some fight and determination about them. I'd like him to continue to give youth a chance where appropriate especially to young Beerman and Barjonas. Youth development seems to be an area where Celtic have been streets ahead of us and that has real financial ramifications.

As for expectations, that depends on the level of investment we see. The manager is confident that the board are going to deliver so taking his word for it I would expect a close 2nd at the least and a cup. Our peformances against Celtic obviously have to be better, we gave them far too much respect and they are unfortunately physically stronger as well as technically better. If he does indeed sign warriors I'd expect much closer contests, and I'd hope to be winning at Ibrox twice. But if losing to Celtic four times meant stopping 7 in a row I'd take it.

In terms of Europe I'd be happy just to take everything one game at a time and go as far as we can. Not much to say when we haven't seen the draw.

Overall, that's a good post mate. Let's hope we do well next season.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No there's absolutely no witch hunt on the guy at all - he's his own worst enemy giving the media shite on a plate every day to have a go. 

I respect McInnes as a Rangers man and a better manager than Pedro. Respect is earned and Pedro has overseen 3 unwanted records in 8 weeks due to his inabilities what the fuck is there to respect ?

There is a witch hunt against Rangers in the media in general mate, the way headlines are printed, the mass hysteria over the racist gestures, the way our team and fans are portrayed.

Pedro is merely another extension of that. A foreign coach in charge who doesn't understand the way our media works so they will have a field day with him. They will get their headlines one way or another regardless of what he says, they will twist it and put words in his mouth. Again, im sure your not oblivious to how the media operate in Scotland with regards to Rangers. 

And he deserves respect as he is the man in charge of our squad, forced to field a team of duds until he puts his own stamp on it. Fair enough the records have went and I have been just as pissed off as you but the blame on the most part there lies with the players and Warburton.

Can you not at least respect his no nonsense attitude to the players in training? His courage to go with the youth and give them a chance? His cut throat style with who is staying and getting rid of the deadwood? 

Derek McInnes is fuck all to do with Rangers so deserves zero of my respect, Pedro does.

We are a fickle bunch but that is purely because we expect and demand success.

People can disagree if they want but 12 months ago we all thought the sun shined out of Warburtons arse (the majority of us). Same with Waghorn to be honest. We are quite quick to have extreme love or hate for someone but again that is because we expect the best.

40 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

There is a witch hunt against Rangers in the media in general mate, the way headlines are printed, the mass hysteria over the racist gestures, the way our team and fans are portrayed.

Pedro is merely another extension of that. A foreign coach in charge who doesn't understand the way our media works so they will have a field day with him. They will get their headlines one way or another regardless of what he says, they will twist it and put words in his mouth. Again, im sure your not oblivious to how the media operate in Scotland with regards to Rangers. 

And he deserves respect as he is the man in charge of our squad, forced to field a team of duds until he puts his own stamp on it. Fair enough the records have went and I have been just as pissed off as you but the blame on the most part there lies with the players and Warburton.

Can you not at least respect his no nonsense attitude to the players in training? His courage to go with the youth and give them a chance? His cut throat style with who is staying and getting rid of the deadwood? 

Derek McInnes is fuck all to do with Rangers so deserves zero of my respect, Pedro does.

How can I respect his no nonsense approach with them in training if they down tools as a result? 

I agree there's a witch hunt against Rangers but not Pedro he's a balloon tbh 

26 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

How can I respect his no nonsense approach with them in training if they down tools as a result? 

I agree there's a witch hunt against Rangers but not Pedro he's a balloon tbh 

The players downing tools says a lot more about them than the manager tbh.

They are making his job easier in the long run by doing that as he can see who has the heart for the fight and who wants to be here. We have had to suffer some sore moments as a result but if anyone deserves your frustration then it is surely them, although Pedro is not beyond criticism.

10 hours ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

I was ripped a new one when he first came to the club and I was saying his management seems a big over the top and all you seem to read is discipline and more discipline. The last manager to come to a club and start all this pish was plg and he never lasted very long. We do need to give him a season to bring in players but something tells me he will look to foreign country's for players and I am 100% sure he will tie them up in long term contracts and if it doesn't work out yet again we are truely up the shitter worse than what Warburton left us its a massive gamble let's just hope investment comes sooner than later

PLG was a tri-athlete and physically strong but appeared mentally weak with a weak character whereas PC seems pretty tough, hopefully, Jock Wallace tough, but only time will tell.  More interested than his signings than his approach to discipline, if the players don't like it they know where the door is, none would be missed.  

29 minutes ago, rfc_watp said:

The players downing tools says a lot more about them than the manager tbh.

They are making his job easier in the long run by doing that as he can see who has the heart for the fight and who wants to be here. We have had to suffer some sore moments as a result but if anyone deserves your frustration then it is surely them, although Pedro is not beyond criticism.

The players do get the criticism though I'm sick saying they are shite but you've said it yourself at the end Pedro is not beyond criticism