BUILDMYGALLOWS1986

Murray Wallace

28 posts in this topic

Been informed we have made an enquiry.  Was at us as a boy, great experience at 24 years of age not seen much of him since he left Huddersfield but a no nonsense defender.........

I wish we would stay away from League One footballers for a while. I'm sure there are some gems in there but the risk is too much for us given the squad we have right now

2 people like this

Was thinking about him to be honest, picked up triple player of the year awards. Although he mentioned he'd rather stay in England as it's more competitive, saying there's only one team in the Scottish Premiership right now.

Decent player. However we should acknowledge that even Matt Crooks was a standout for Scunthorpe.

If we did that would be another player that we had as a boy but let go. McLean at Aberdeen is another. Jimmy Sinclair did some job in charge of our youth system. That's one thing we definitely have improved 

42 minutes ago, onefootwillie said:

If we did that would be another player that we had as a boy but let go. McLean at Aberdeen is another. Jimmy Sinclair did some job in charge of our youth system. That's one thing we definitely have improved 

How have we improved? based on what? the results at that level or all the fantastic players we've got the first team now? the boys last night apart from a couple of Beerman runs in the minutes after we scored looked pretty average. Without sounding too harsh I know they're young.

Cheap talk from Mulholland and King doesn't count.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

How have we improved? based on what? the results at that level or all the fantastic players we've got the first team now? the boys last night apart from a couple of Beerman runs in the minutes after we scored looked pretty average. Without sounding too harsh I know they're young.

Cheap talk from Mulholland and King doesn't count.

For an 18-year old on debut you're being harsh calling Wilson's performance average, IMO.

1 person likes this

27 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

For an 18-year old on debut you're being harsh calling Wilson's performance average, IMO.

It was average though why lie just because of his age?

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

It was average though why lie just because of his age?

It wasn't an average performance from someone in the circumstance though.

Most 18-year olds on debut against Aberdeen wouldn't play that well. That makes it above average.

55 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

It wasn't an average performance from someone in the circumstance though.

Most 18-year olds on debut against Aberdeen wouldn't play that well. That makes it above average.

I don't think he played well though was ok but playing well stretching it 

7 minutes ago, pcbear said:

I thought it was an excellent debut, he looked unfazed as well which tells me he has the mental strength and mindset to play for us.

I said the same attitude wise he was getting stuck in but other than that average imo but he's time on his side but we hype up ordinary players because they are young 

40 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I thought he did quite well and showed a bit of pace and aggression in the challenge, which some of the more senior players could only dream of doing.

Not sure about Murray Wallace. We need to aim for more quality if we want to improve next season.

33 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

IIRC Alan Hutton had a stinker on his debut vs Partick and gave a goal away, we ended up getting £9m for him

The impatience with some of our fans regarding youth players bugs me, if you want them develop and play then you need to support them when they need the encouragement most 

Alan Hutton also got moaned at by fans on many an occasion. 

Part and parcel of being a footballer.

You don't get better by being praised regardless of performance.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Big man, what do you like about football? 

We need a scapegoat, a player or two to hate, those who get it tight almost no matter what they do. It's always been that way.

5 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

IIRC Alan Hutton had a stinker on his debut vs Partick and gave a goal away, we ended up getting £9m for him

The impatience with some of our fans regarding youth players bugs me, if you want them develop and play then you need to support them when they need the encouragement most 

Hutton was absolute gash until Walter came back IMO. What a transformation it was though, more or less unplayable for the 6 months before he was sold to Spurs.

4 hours ago, Big Al II said:

We need a scapegoat, a player or two to hate, those who get it tight almost no matter what they do. It's always been that way.

That's true, and it's a strange one at times; especially when it happens and the team is winning.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Where in defence does he play?

Scapegoat

2 people like this

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

@Creampuff it was average, what's the point in saying he was magic just cos he's from the youth team etc? The reality is it was an average performance and didn't fill me with any confidence any time we were under pressure. 

1 person likes this