We can blame the manager all day long....

AlCapone

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

They are wholly to blame as in they appointed him. We are loaded with dross and many we will not be able to move on. We ARE skint for decent quality now blood. This unknown newbie manager is only another patsie in what will be a long line of patsies.

This season has confirmed we can have little expectation for the foreseeable future with this board in power.

We are not challenging for shit anytime soon and anyone thnking otherwise are in for serious disappointment.

Root cause is the board and failing to vent anger at them only leaves us with the status quo and leaves them grinning like cheshire cats.

Reality is a difficult proposition to face!

I agree the buck stops at them but that doesn't get Pedro or Warburton off the hook either 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what happened with McLeish was pretty telling and should have set the alarm bells going. 

On Sky he could hardly hide his delight when asked about the possibility of coming back but after some talks it went quiet and then after Caixinha got it he talked about how 'it just wasn't for me at this time of my career' and how he had some 'reservations' about it.

If Alex McLeish, who hasn't had a job in about 18 months and barely has any reputation left to damage, had initial talks with the board and then thought 'fuck that' because he didn't like what was on offer or available to work with then we were only ever going to end up with a diddy and that's exactly what I think has happened.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

I agree the buck stops at them but that doesn't get Pedro or Warburton off the hook either 

It doesn't but venting anger at the wrong people only let's the guilty off the hook and laugh their cocks off at the gullible.

Unless the board is put under pressure, then nothing changes. Due to the mindset of our support that pressure will only come externally, so we are in for a long wait and much more disappontment.

Until such times, we are but howling at the moon.

I really don't think our budget is that much greater than Aberdeen's or Hearts to be honest. If Aberdeen identity a player, you know they'll do everything in their power to get him if it means staying in front of Rangers. I mean when could Aberdeen ever afford a player like Maloney? I know he's not a tremendous player but he was playing with Hull in the EPL and could stay with them in the Championship easily, but instead he wants to go to Aberdeen all of a sudden.. his wages alone will be on par with our top earners, maybe even more. So we definitely don't have a budget to blow Aberdeen away. 

21 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Even if that's true I'd imagine they would've only held very preliminary talks.  If it went further it's highly likely FDB would've told King to bolt when he detailed out his budget. 

Perhaps but it should have got to that stage at least 

Just now, Gaz52 said:

I really don't think our budget is that much greater than Aberdeen's or Hearts to be honest. If Aberdeen identity a player, you know they'll do everything in their power to get him if it means staying in front of Rangers. I mean when could Aberdeen ever afford a player like Maloney? I know he's not a tremendous player but he was playing with Hull in the EPL and could stay with them in the Championship easily, but instead he wants to go to Aberdeen all of a sudden.. his wages alone will be on par with our top earners, maybe even more. So we definitely don't have a budget to blow Aberdeen away. 

You serious?

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

It doesn't but venting anger at the wrong people only let's the guilty off the hook and laugh their cocks off at the gullible.

Unless the board is put under pressure, then nothing changes. Due to the mindset of our support that pressure will only come externally, so we are in for a long wait and much more disappontment.

Until such times, we are but howling at the moon.

I'm venting at the right people the board get it from me constantly too 

Aye let's bring in McInnes, a manager that hasn't laid a glove on the mhanks. 

And let our team score 3 against them. ??

This place really has a short memory, when folk on here mentioned McInnes before they got shot down in flames. Suddenly he's the next manager of the year. 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I think what happened with McLeish was pretty telling and should have set the alarm bells going. 

On Sky he could hardly hide his delight when asked about the possibility of coming back but after some talks it went quiet and then after Caixinha got it he talked about how 'it just wasn't for me at this time of my career' and how he had some 'reservations' about it.

If Alex McLeish, who hasn't had a job in about 18 months and barely has any reputation left to damage, had initial talks with the board and then thought 'fuck that' because he didn't like what was on offer or available to work with then we were only ever going to end up with a diddy and that's exactly what I think has happened.

Belief seemed to be at the time McLeish wasn't happy at the idea of just being an interim with no prospects of getting the job permanently

Perhaps was more to it than that though

Just now, simplythebest said:

Belief seemed to be at the time McLeish wasn't happy at the idea of just being an interim with no prospects of getting the job permanently

Perhaps was more to it than that though

McLiesh would have wanted a guaranteed amount of money as it's impossible to do the job without investment, no one's going to take on an impossible challenge.

4 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

He'll be 35 next season and has hardly played recently, players in that situation ending up back in Scotland isn't that big a stretch it happens quite a lot

I honestly cant believe what im watching now a days. ANy Manager new into a club surely must be able to work with players and create a shape that a team can play. I hear everyone saying we have shite players, but look at the others teams they have a shape about them and have players that are poor, they work together and hard for the Manager. This teams seems to be all over the place. I looked at sheep last night the moment from back to front is was clear to see and then look at ours and we seem to have no shape to a point I was thinking wtf is the formation we are playing. If he as he suggested has them in training 6 days a week wtf does he do in training with them because I dont see anything positive or players arent getting to grips with what the Manager is trying to do. Personally I dont see this getting any better next season under PC which worries me how many other long standing records we held at Ibrox will be broken, surely to god there should have been signs that a team of players can improve after 8 or 9 games

5 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

I honestly cant believe what im watching now a days. ANy Manager new into a club surely must be able to work with players and create a shape that a team can play. I hear everyone saying we have shite players, but look at the others teams they have a shape about them and have players that are poor, they work together and hard for the Manager. This teams seems to be all over the place. I looked at sheep last night the moment from back to front is was clear to see and then look at ours and we seem to have no shape to a point I was thinking wtf is the formation we are playing. If he as he suggested has them in training 6 days a week wtf does he do in training with them because I dont see anything positive or players arent getting to grips with what the Manager is trying to do. Personally I dont see this getting any better next season under PC which worries me how many other long standing records we held at Ibrox will be broken, surely to god there should have been signs that a team of players can improve after 8 or 9 games

Outwith playing us I only saw them play once, and that was in the SC semi. They looked awful in that match, but, and with players missing, looked three times the team last night as they did that day We didn't look as if we could trouble them at all. There was also a period after we scored where the atmosphere in the stadium was as good as anytime this season and yet we had no momentum going forward; they were able to quieten the game, and very easily. It was a poor performance all round and it should be a wake up call that major investment is a necessity. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

I think The Dude said last week on here he heard from a good source that FDB was willing to come but at the end of the season but us being us wanted someone now and it ruled him out. 

And the roof has fallen in twice in 3 weeks as a result!

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I'm venting at the right people the board get it from me constantly too 

Well I want fucking more of it!

Seriously, I'm fucking sapped of positivity at our state. You build yourself up for victory, only to be shredded the very next day when it doesn't happen. You teter between accepting second best, which is a bitter pill to swallow or not facing the reality and expecting glory.

Then there is the deafening silence from this board. The lack of leadership and transparency, far less integrity.

I know of only one direction we are heading and it's not upwards.

Take this appointment. Any sense in it? As you know I don't blame PC, as he didn't appoint himself, nor this very liimited squad, Or is our board filled with some great vision I am missing and this new guy is the man? Their MO tells us that it's far from it!

I'm now through the frustration barrier and securely in despondency.

Someone please pass me the crack pipe ffs!

45 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Our budget will be significantly higher but that is largely negated by the Rangers effect.

By that I mean the premium we pay due to expectations, demands, size of club, exposure etc.

Someone like Ryan Jack will I'm pretty sure double / treble(I'd imagine 2k to 5 or 6) his wages coming here. Not cos he's now twice the player but because we pay more. 

The same with a player we want out there who is on a few grand. For us to get them we pay more. 

It's just the way it is.

That's why we've got average players but are paying more than others. 

There's players throughout this country alone better than what we have. But for us to sign them for a fee and pay them they're suddenly not the bargain they seem at their current provincial club.

It really narrows the quality gap despite being a wide salary cost gap.

33 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

He'll be 35 next season and has hardly played recently, players in that situation ending up back in Scotland isn't that big a stretch it happens quite a lot

I have to admit I quite liked Maloney. Too good for the scum fc. FFS at five foot nothing, pound for pound he was good value. He wasn't your usual moaning faced scum bastard when decisions went against him. Don't know what he's like these days. However, I don't know how the fuck the sheep can afford him.

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

A handful of games with a team not of his choosing who have consistently been poor under two previous managers and everyone's an expert on Pedro

fucking hell

:lol:

The example of Man Utd shows any manager worth their salt works with what he has. It's obviously on a completely different level, but that's the point. They could win a European cup after being embarrassed the past 2 years, the change has been the manager, and two players. He's worked with what he's got and done it well. 

19 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Mourinho has signed 3 players at man utd. They've had a better season than the last couple of managers. 

The point is, good managers work with what they've got. This manager hasn't got it

Caixinha's only been here since March, so your point doesn't really make much sense.

Give the guy at least till Christmas imo, then we'll really know if he's got it.

40 minutes ago, minstral said:

All our troubles stem from people only interested in how much money they can take out the club. They do not give a fuck about our club and fans, and all of them are just scum.

Exactly we are being repeatedly drained by these bastards using the Guise of being Rangers Supporters.