We can blame the manager all day long....

AlCapone

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I never get when people say he's never laid a glove on celtic as if it's a slight against him because that's a pretty unrealistic expectation when you are managing Aberdeen and you have even less money to work with than you would get here.

I was lookwarm, probably leaning more towards being against him, but managers have to start somewhere and move up the ladder and IMO McInnes has done just about as well as you can as a non Old Firm manager in Scotland (consecutive second place finishes, won them their first trophy in nearly 20 years and took them to their first Scottish Cup final in 17 years).

So you would be happy finishing second under McInnes for the foreseeable future, winning a trophy every 20 years. 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Bronzy said:

There's a reason we've only had 15 permanent managers in 145 years. We gave them the time to succeed.

If he turns out to be shite, I will be one of the first to want him out and I will hold my hands up and say I was wrong for defending him. 

I just think he should get at least one transfer window and a couple of months with the squad he wants before we can be certain he should be out the door.

This transfer window with no money?. It's not going to happen, present times have shown that McLeish started with a good squad and with no money in subsequent seasons the quality degraded with the fans crying out for change only to be met with Murray saying there is no money, PLG was brought in, disaster, Walter came back in and was given about £30 million and success. 

You need a proven manager and a fund of at least £30 million to work with, to provide a solid foundation to work on to achieve success, not giving an unproven manager half a chance and half a season to prove anything.

5 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

This transfer window with no money?. It's not going to happen, present times have shown that McLeish started with a good squad and with no money in subsequent seasons the quality degraded with the fans crying out for change only to be met with Murray saying there is no money, PLG was brought in, disaster, Walter came back in and was given about £30 million and success. 

You need a proven manager and a fund of at least £30 million to work with, to provide a solid foundation to work on to achieve success, not giving an unproven manager half a chance and half a season to prove anything.

I'm hoping that he'll be backed in the summer by but knowing this board, I have reservations.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Because McInnes has still shown himself a much better manager than Pedro imo it's night and day the difference 

OK let's have this then:

McInnes win ratio at StJohnstoner  - 40% loosing 71 games and drawing 53 (8th, 8th and 6th place)

McInness win ration Bristol - 27% and was sacked after loosing 7 games in a row (new club record) and leaving them 8 points from relegation

Aberdeen - 58% and remember without Rangers in the league he came  - 8th, 3rd, 2nd and 2nd

Pedro can only really be compared if he is managing in the same league playing the same opposition so we cannot really say that McInness is a better manager - all we can say is 

Fuck McInnes - you might be good enough for the sheep but not Rangers

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

OK let's have this then:

McInnes win ratio at StJohnstoner  - 40% loosing 71 games and drawing 53 (8th, 8th and 6th place)

McInness win ration Bristol - 27% and was sacked after loosing 7 games in a row (new club record) and leaving them 8 points from relegation

Aberdeen - 58% and remember without Rangers in the league he came  - 8th, 3rd, 2nd and 2nd

Pedro can only really be compared if he is managing in the same league playing the same opposition so we cannot really say that McInness is a better manager - all we can say is 

He was shite at St Johnstone and Bristol I don't really see what relevance that has years later when he's matured as a manager and is doing well now? Even Tommy Wright would do a better job than Pedro has so far imo (to move away from the McInnes angle as it's too upsetting for some) 

Just now, K.A.I said:

He was shite at St Johnstone and Bristol I don't really see what relevance that has years later when he's matured as a manager and is doing well now? Even Tommy Wright would do a better job than Pedro (to move away from the McInnes angle as it's too upsetting for some) 

Yup shite at St Johnstone and Bristol  - But WITHOUT Rangers in the league he managed 8th, 3rd and 2nd. Matured my arse

Let's have Tommy Wright the new fucking straw clutching act:

Limavady Utd - (yup Lima fucking vady) lost over half the games he managed them for 

Ballymena Utd - lost nearly two thirds of those games (THAT MEANS WINNING ONLY A THIRD BTW)

and the same with Lisburn Distillery (yup Lisburn fucking Distillery) 

He has a win ratio of 44% with st Johnstone 6th, 4th, 4th, 4th

Pedro's win ratio currently is 50%

Give him a chance with his own players, get behind the guy and SUPPORT 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Yup shite at St Johnstone and Bristol  - But WITHOUT Rangers in the league he managed 8th, 3rd and 2nd. Matured my arse

Let's have Tommy Wright the new fucking straw clutching act:

Limavady Utd - (yup Lima fucking vady) lost over half the games he managed them for 

Ballymena Utd - lost nearly two thirds of those games (THAT MEANS WINNING ONLY A THIRD BTW)

and the same with Lisburn Distillery (yup Lisburn fucking Distillery) 

He has a win ratio of 44% with st Johnstone 6th, 4th, 4th, 4th

Pedro's win ratio currently is 50%

Give him a chance with his own players, get behind the guy and SUPPORT 

So Pedros win ratio is only 6% higher than St Johnstone manager and he's Rangers manager? Is that a glowing defence of what we've seen thus far?

How can you support someone that's no good and making a show of us on the park? Just because he's the Rangers manager? Everycunt put their head in the sand like good wee supporters and pretend it's all good? That's not me and never will be me 

Were you saying this stuff before McCoist and Warburton left? Reason I ask is because the parallels are scary ... same people in defence of using the same arguments 

28 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

I'm hoping that he'll be backed in the summer by but knowing this board, I have reservations.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm inclined to wonder that if he was to be given any real investment he may not have been here in the first place. I hope I'm wrong.

3 hours ago, AlCapone said:

But our budget and inability to match our rivals will only attract a manager of his calibre. With the current board in place 10 IAR will be delivered in a canter..... god help us as to what comes after that.  

His calibre isn't the issue, it's his attitude and intransigence. He's a "One plan Dan" He hasn't got the players to make his one plan work, so he appears to be saying "give me the players and I'll give you a winning team.

But what if we can't afford the players he needs and what do we do with those we already have

9 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

How can you support someone that's no good and making a show of us on the park? Just because he's the Rangers manager? Everycunt put their head in the sand like good wee supporters and pretend it's all good?

Were you saying this stuff before McCoist and Warburton left? Reason I ask is because the parallels are scary ... same people in defence of using the same arguments 

Warburton had up until that semi final before the cracks started to show. He brought in just about a whole new squad  - only then did folks start to question his tactics etc... nearly a year into the job

Pedro is in the door 5 mins without having bought one single player and every cunt thinks he should be winning the champions league with this shower of shite...

Our support have turned into fickle, paranoid cry babies who want instant success without any context or time spent getting things right. It's changed days I tell you.

41 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

So you would be happy finishing second under McInnes for the foreseeable future, winning a trophy every 20 years. 

Can you point out where I said I would be happy with that?

I think McInnes has achieved all he can at Aberdeen but that doesn't mean I think the level he reached there would be an acceptable level for us, it means I think he has shown enough to deserve an opportunity in a bigger job with better resources available to him.

People moving up once they prove themselves isn't exactly a novel concept, it's how football has always worked.

36 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

OK let's have this then:

Finished 8th, managed 5 games, lost 0.

Finished 3rd, won a cup and a Semi Final.

Shite season in general for them, still finished 2nd.

Same as before.

Finished above us, got a win at Ibrox for first time in over 25 years, two finals, may even win one.

Worth as much as a risk as Caixinha, who was doing shite in Qatar, sure I seen his team were sitting 5th.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Warburton had up until that semi final before the cracks started to show. He brought in just about a whole new squad  - only then did folks start to question his tactics etc... nearly a year into the job

Pedro is in the door 5 mins without having bought one single player and every cunt thinks he should be winning the champions league with this shower of shite...

Our support have turned into fickle, paranoid cry babies who want instant success without any context or time spent getting things right. It's changed days I tell you.

I don't want instant success I just don't want what we are seeing now (these 3 records smashed in 7 weeks) I want to see a direction or wee bit of progression even with these shite players 

it's not a lot to ask 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I think The Dude said last week on here he heard from a good source that FDB was willing to come but at the end of the season but us being us wanted someone now and it ruled him out. 

Sounds like more bullshit from him to be honest.

52 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

Look how well Moyes done with ever in but took a step up to a club that expects to win every game and look what happened. 

And on the flip side of that you can look at how badly Conte did with Atalana less than two years before he got the Juventus job.

Every mananger comes with a risk, some will step up and some won't, that's where it's up to the people running the club to do the proper due diligence and make sure they appoint the right person.

5 minutes ago, RDFM said:

If that was the final four, then Pedro is the best shout on that list.

You know what I probably agree but for the powers to be to have it down to 4 like that then wow

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

You know what I probably agree but for the powers to be to have it down to 4 like that then wow

Yeah I agree, I'm willing to give Pedro time but my first choice (Outside of De Boer, obviously) was McInnes.

Quite shabby from the powers that be.

I'm baffled by the boards decision to appoint him, not because I don't think he's any good - the jury is still out. But because he seems the opposite of Warburton. The board knew they'd have to replace the majority of the team when they appointed this guy. And we've fuck all cash. 

I think there's plenty ways to skin a cat - but The board shat the bed imo, rather than steadily bringing in youngsters, selling for a profit, developing players, all the buzzwords Warburton uses, we've thought fuck that! Let's bin that idea and ethos and give a guy a go who's mindset and thoughts about the game are completely different. The players brought in were for a Warburton style team. Now they're likely to be shipped for heehaw and were left with a team to fill on a budget that'll be what? 5-6 million if we're lucky 

Shortsightedness from the board at every level as far as I'm concerned. Don't get me started on the DOF role, complete clusterfuck. No foresight at all. 

I wish pedro well but I fear there's too many in our support that don't like him as is. I feel his days are numbered. And it's not his fault. Rather than the board growing and shaping the football in the same direction, we've decided to bin the whole idea and it's no wonder the team don't know what the fucks going on as I sure as fuck have no idea 

4 hours ago, AlCapone said:

But our budget and inability to match our rivals will only attract a manager of his calibre. With the current board in place 10 IAR will be delivered in a canter..... god help us as to what comes after that.  

Not interested in an hmrc 10iar

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Finished 8th, managed 5 games, lost 0.

Finished 3rd, won a cup and a Semi Final.

31 points behind the winners, behind Murderwell and no Rangers to contest with

Shite season in general for them, still finished 2nd.

17 points behind the winners and no Rangers to contest with

Same as before.

15 points behind the winners and no Rangers to contest with

Finished above, got a win at Ibrox for first time in over 25 years, two finals, may even win one.

poorest Rangers team in my time of watching them (40yrs)

Worth as much as a risk as Caixinha, who was doing shite in Qatar, sure I seen his team were sitting 5th.

he left when they were 4th

as i've said...........  fickle as fuck

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Sadly it won't, because we have no chance with this manager or any other on both fronts and if you are seriously thinking we can under this board you are in for serious disappointment. 

Yes, by all means give him a chance, but the scum are light years ahead and are not standing still awaiting our resurgence as Brenda's new four year deal bears testiment to.

As for the Europe, we have no time to prepare and armed with players that are dross, so no chance.

Personally, all I can hope for is a closing of the points gap. Anything else a bonus, because that is who and what we are under this board. Challenge them and we might get somewhere.

europa league group stage qualification is a minimum standard for a club of our stature and size regardless of who the manager is or what players we have

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

as i've said...........  fickle as fuck

Mate, in the space of a season, he took them from being 8th to a cup winner and 3rd.

Now they're the second best team in the country with Rangers here.

I never wanted McInnes, until now, when I'd take him.

9 minutes ago, Frank Harrison said:

Don't want McInnes but he's twice the manager Pedro is.

It was definitely a time to say a bird in the hand is worth several in the bush ... we shouldn't be chasing some crazy dream about managers from far flung shores giving us the edge because in the real world that's almost certainly never going to happen