Jump to content
AlCapone

We can blame the manager all day long....

Recommended Posts

KeyserSoze    4,012
9 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

So now they know him they have just fallen back into old ways? Not very encouraging I have to say we should just have kept him as a remote figure of authority in the stand 

No.... now he knows them!

there's the difference

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AlCapone    4,286
1 hour ago, gregswanson said:

it is but being realistic as for the forth coming season its what we should be aiming for

We are Rangers FFS, we should be aiming for nothing but being league champions and qualifying for the CL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BridgeIsBlue    15,860
5 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I think The Dude said last week on here he heard from a good source that FDB was willing to come but at the end of the season but us being us wanted someone now and it ruled him out. 

Typical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Avenger    5,836
4 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Football changes all the time nothing lasts for 20 years or anything like it ... rogers will have the guts to go back to England one day and who knows perhaps sooner than any of us can imagine if he gets the right offer 

But the scum will remain to have plenty of dosh to over run us and make money from Brenda moving on. They are clearly on a mission in Europe and the by-product of that is dominating this backwater every way which they can and 10iar for them will be a shoe in if we do not get investment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turnberry18    2,419
1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

But the scum will remain to have plenty of dosh to over run us and make money from Brenda moving on. They are clearly on a mission in Europe and the by-product of that is dominating this backwater every way which they can and 10iar for them will be a shoe in if we do not get investment.

Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
smitzer007    178

I've listened to Charlie Nickerless slaughter him. I've read our media tearing him to shreads and heard opposing managers try and humiliate the guy. Fuck the lot of them. He's got my backing till xmas at least!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bob1873    126
21 hours ago, gregswanson said:

I believe Pedro is worth giving a chance; the europa league qualifiers and the next old firm game will tell all...

Warburton was toast after the cup final in the eyes of many a gubbing by the scum and now the loss of our record against the sheep is beyond what he can survive in my view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KWBear    425

He is a crock and won't see Christmas.

Hopefully Robertson will then follow him out the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gregswanson    19
3 hours ago, bob1873 said:

Warburton was toast after the cup final in the eyes of many a gubbing by the scum and now the loss of our record against the sheep is beyond what he can survive in my view.

at the moment we dont have any other options lets at least give the guy a transfer window; the europa league qualifiers and the next old firm game to make up our mind on him; i still think he will come good; being left with a bombsite isnt easy in any job and the clear-up is often underestimated; pedro has my backing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thermopylae    4,601
19 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

But the scum will remain to have plenty of dosh to over run us and make money from Brenda moving on. They are clearly on a mission in Europe and the by-product of that is dominating this backwater every way which they can and 10iar for them will be a shoe in if we do not get investment.

They may still struggle to replace him though especially if PC turns out to be a duck egg what aspiring coach would want to waste his time in what would look to an outsider like a one team country.

Our main task is to stop them collecting the CL money every year and unfortunately I just don't really see either MW or PC as acts of war 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EssexBear69    3
On 5/18/2017 at 4:03 PM, ZZed said:

I seem to remember that he reached the finals of the CONCACAF Champions League (name a Rangers manager that has took us in to a Champions League Final, or any of the candidates mentioned) after rebuilding the team he took over and he left for the middle east for the coin. Maybe he sees a challenge in restoring a big club?

Santos Laguna reached the CONCACAF CL finals in the 2012-13 season. Pedro became manager in November 2012, after the group stages were complete. He beat Houston Dynamo 3-1 (agg) in the quarters, and Seattle Sounders 2-1 (agg) in the semis, losing 4-2 to Monterrey in the final.

While that comes across to me as a pretty good set of results for a newly installed manager, the team he took over had already reached the quarters. Make of that what you will.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gazza27    2,490
On 18/05/2017 at 11:11 AM, Captain Hilts said:

Who were we supposed to bring in then?

Let's face it, the only managers we were ever likely to get were either a Premiership manager (McInnes or Wright), or an unknown from a foreign league.

I really don't know what people were expecting.

Expecting the frank and Ronald:whistle:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Avenger    5,836
On 18 May 2017 at 8:31 PM, Turnberry18 said:

Really?

They have made their intentions very clear all along. They handed over 5.3 million just to get him here. It's all they talk about at every opportunity and Liewell has been involved in the talks on the new CL proposal, which sees everyone apart from the top clubs locked out which includes us,  and he is making sure the scum are not.

Brenda has since got a four year deal on top of that. Now you don't pay that king of money to win this shitey one horse race league. FFS, they even won it with Ronnie bhoy.

I doubt they even consider us at this point. Well maybe, but just with a very large grin!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blue Avenger    5,836
15 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

They may still struggle to replace him though especially if PC turns out to be a duck egg what aspiring coach would want to waste his time in what would look to an outsider like a one team country.

Our main task is to stop them collecting the CL money every year and unfortunately I just don't really see either MW or PC as acts of war 

If an aspiring coach won't go to the scum who do have the cash and who will qualify every year for the CL, what chance have we got with little money? It's all relative.

Money talks, as does the temptation of the CL. The scum have it in spades, but sadly we don't. A tit like Ronnie D won this league at a shoe in for them.

We have to admit that they are by far, a much more attractive prospect than us at this juncture, simply because they have the cash and all that can bring. A billionaire to prop them up when needed, as we have just seen, and almost three times the income we have, whilst we remain financially unstable and cash strapped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pcbear    3,515

Taking the job mid season inheriting Warburtons fannies was always going to be a tough task, imagine Murty had taken the job till the end of the season in a caretaker role, any new guy starting now would be starting from scratch again with the duds still in place maybe writing off another season.

Pedro has seen at first hand what is required and will have learned loads in the last few months and that can only be a good thing, as a fan base we have been talked to death by the bullshitters  promising this that and the other for 5 years delivering little and some profiting hugely from us, he comes across as a straight down the line honest guy I hope his ability can match his ambition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thermopylae    4,601
8 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

If an aspiring coach won't go to the scum who do have the cash and who will qualify every year for the CL, what chance have we got with little money? It's all relative.

Money talks, as does the temptation of the CL. The scum have it in spades, but sadly we don't. A tit like Ronnie D won this league at a shoe in for them.

We have to admit that they are by far, a much more attractive prospect than us at this juncture, simply because they have the cash and all that can bring. A billionaire to prop them up when needed, as we have just seen, and almost three times the income we have, whilst we remain financially unstable and cash strapped.

I think if history tells us one thing it is it's very difficult to do well in Europe if you don't have any meaningful opposition at home. For example look at the 2 UEFA cup finals when they reached the 2003 one they lost the league on goal difference and when we reached ours 5 years later we only lost it by 3 points ... both in stark contrast to the state of Scottish football today and I suspect rogers will find it harder to take the step up mid week than he believes.

I also believe when players get their medals out for their mates in the game who's going to want to show a winners one from a league where virtually all the teams are out of Europe by September :britney:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×