"New" Retrospective Diving Bans

52 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Did you edit your post because you made an arse of it by referencing the tarriers and Ross County? :lol:

Kinda....

But no for that reason, cause i rewatched it and learned its been in effect for 10 years. Which baffled me because certain team diving antics seem to go unchallenged 

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

Kinda....

But no for that reason, cause i rewatched it and learned its been in effect for 10 years. Which baffled me because certain team diving antics seem to go unchallenged 

Yeah sky have been talking about it all day, using Scottish football as a reference point because the English FA are looking to bring in a similar rule.

I think the rule is a shambles tbh. Divers are only punished if they're successful in winning a foul which is daft imo, the likes of Dembele's dives which didn't win a foul or result in a booking for simulation at the time should still be looked at by this panel and punished. It's still an attempt at cheating whether it's successful or not.

Sam Allardyce also made a good point when asked about it as well by asking why they will only be looking to punish people for diving and not looking at situations where players are genuinely brought down but booked for diving. Surely it could be used in that way as well, obviously it can't change the fact that teams have missed out penalties or free kicks that could have changed the result but the should still wipe the bookings in those situations.

I can deal with exagerating a fall when you've been fouled and have sympathy if you maybe go down anticipating a challenge  but if you 100% throw yourself to the ground like Dembele did against us and Dundee or Shalke against the tims then it should be a 5 game ban for blatant  cheating and if you reoffend as Dembele surely will then it should be a ten game ban.

24 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

I can deal with exagerating a fall when you've been fouled and have sympathy if you maybe go down anticipating a challenge  but if you 100% throw yourself to the ground like Dembele did against us and Dundee or Shalke against the tims then it should be a 5 game ban for blatant  cheating and if you reoffend as Dembele surely will then it should be a ten game ban.

Not sure if its in that clip but on Sky today Gordon Smith said he wants the ban to double every time for repeat offenders starting at a 2 game ban and escalating to 16.

The Burnley manager thinks it would wipe out diving in six months, yet it has been used in Scotland since 2011 and players still dive. There will also be the same problems in England where the rule will apply to certain clubs, but not Man Utd, Chelsea etc. If it was an entirely seperate body from the Premier League ( eg: not under pressure to favour the big clubs ) overseeing it and had the ability to remove points from teams that had gained from a dive, there may be a chance of it being stopped.

11 hours ago, JoeFraser said:

The Burnley manager thinks it would wipe out diving in six months, yet it has been used in Scotland since 2011 and players still dive. There will also be the same problems in England where the rule will apply to certain clubs, but not Man Utd, Chelsea etc. If it was an entirely seperate body from the Premier League ( eg: not under pressure to favour the big clubs ) overseeing it and had the ability to remove points from teams that had gained from a dive, there may be a chance of it being stopped.

Now that was a superb 7th post my friend . So true :tu:

One wee problem up here . There could never be a separate body, that doesn't consist of 100 beggar lovers and Rangers haters