Kenny Miller thinks he's Messi

graeme_4

Anyone else completely exasperated with Kenny Miller at the moment? 

I don't question his effort, or his desire to win, but he's completely ineffective in this new "no. 10" role.

He's an instinctive finisher, and can usually sniff out a chance, but his touch, vision and ability to pass a ball are generally shite. He's never been that kind of creative player, and at 37 never will be. He just doesn't have the ability to play that Messi style role for Rangers.

I get the needs must given our injury and bawbag crisis list of casualties, but he is not suited to this position at all. Spends the game giving the ball away and then moaning at seemingly everyone and anything. 

Not sure how much is his own doing, and how much is the managers telling him to play deep - but I cannot get my head around the thinking behind it at all. 

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I don't question his effort, or his desire to win, but he's completely ineffective in this new "no. 10" role.

He's an instinctive finisher, and can usually sniff out a chance, but his touch, vision and ability to pass a ball are generally shite. He's never been that kind of creative player, and at 37 never will be. He just doesn't have the ability to play that Messi style role for Rangers.

I get the needs must given our injury and bawbag crisis list of casualties, but he is not suited to this position at all. Spends the game giving the ball away and then moaning at seemingly everyone and anything. 

Not sure how much is his own doing, and how much is the managers telling him to play deep - but I cannot get my head around the thinking behind it at all. 

He is superb at playing a good ball ffs. Remember thistle and hearts the last two games he had assists?

He played in midfield because our midfielders are shite.

He wants the ball, he's positive with it, he charges opponents down and has set up both of Garners last two goals.

Put it this way if the shitebags in the team put in half as much effort as Miller we'd have finished second this year.

He got a contract because he's a positive influence at the club. Hopefully he won't be needed as much next year if we get recruitment right over the summer but he can always be counted on.

Never gives up,never hides,isn't afraid to try and do something different.If it wasn't for Miller God knows how many more points we would have dropped.His professionalism,stamina,influence and presence alone is worthy of his extension never mind the fact he was our player of the year.

As for being Messi even Messi himself would struggle to work with the pure dross Miller has around him.Both he and Dodoo tracked back more than all the midfield put together in that first half and that's just plain shocking.The problem they have though is if they don't come deeper then they would never get the ball from our clusterfuck of a midfield.

Mckay.....too lightweight,Windass....waste of a jersey and as for Toral a 3 legged,toothless poodle would be faster and have more bite than that embarrassment.They neither help out the defence(which btw were a massive positive last night well done to the youngsters) nor link up with the forwards.Thats why our forwards end up coming back so deep and why our defence never seem to have any options going forward and end up passing back.

Its easy to blame defenders for losing goals and forwards for not scoring because both these accusations are well founded.For me though our big problem this season was we have never had a passable never mind strong midfield at any point.This seriously needs to be addressed before the next campaign.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

He can only be doing it because of the instructions he was given. I haven't been impressed by him of late- last night his touch was poor at times. He did one thing I liked, where he changed direction through the middle, in an effort to open them up a bit; it was good thinking, but it lacked the finesse of a real midfielder doing it. He should be playing up front though, and I'd have preferred him as an attacker last night.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Upfront or not at all for me.

5 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Never gives up,never hides,isn't afraid to try and do something different.If it wasn't for Miller God knows how many more points we would have dropped.His professionalism,stamina,influence and presence alone is worthy of his extension never mind the fact he was our player of the year.

As for being Messi even Messi himself would struggle to work with the pure dross Miller has around him.Both he and Dodoo tracked back more than all the midfield put together in that first half and that's just plain shocking.The problem they have though is if they don't come deeper then they would never get the ball from our clusterfuck of a midfield.

Mckay.....too lightweight,Windass....waste of a jersey and as for Toral a 3 legged,toothless poodle would be faster and have more bite than that embarrassment.They neither help out the defence(which btw were a massive positive last night well done to the youngsters) nor link up with the forwards.Thats why our forwards end up coming back so deep and why our defence never seem to have any options going forward and end up passing back.

Its easy to blame defenders for losing goals and forwards for not scoring because both these accusations are well founded.For me though our big problem this season was we have never had a passable never mind strong midfield at any point.This seriously needs to be addressed before the next campaign.

The midfield is a priority next season; in saying that, it has been a priority for the last few years.

5 minutes ago, MisterBlueSky said:

Shite thread OP. Why pick on Miller when he has been our only decent player this season. He was chatting through the game with the young players last night. He gives his all.

Pick on the other pish and social media posers we have in our team

100 %!