graeme_4

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

10 goals and 7 assists in 2700mins of league football.  I think "ineffective" is a good label for Kenny when you look at this season as a whole.  He's done a bit more the last few months but that certainly doesn't make up for 6 months of nothingness.

Nah. 13 goals in total this season (wonder why you'd want to ignore cup goals when assessing a season). By minutes played per goal Jo Dodoo would be the best forward. Clearly that's not the case, so clearly that's not everything. 

Adds energy, the only one showing drive in many games and his outfield play has more often than not been decent.

He's been reasonably effective.

On Thu May 18 2017 at 2:56 PM, graeme_4 said:

Anyone else completely exasperated with Kenny Miller at the moment? 

I don't question his effort, or his desire to win, but he's completely ineffective in this new "no. 10" role.

He's an instinctive finisher, and can usually sniff out a chance, but his touch, vision and ability to pass a ball are generally shite. He's never been that kind of creative player, and at 37 never will be. He just doesn't have the ability to play that Messi style role for Rangers.

I get the needs must given our injury and bawbag crisis list of casualties, but he is not suited to this position at all. Spends the game giving the ball away and then moaning at seemingly everyone and anything. 

Not sure how much is his own doing, and how much is the managers telling him to play deep - but I cannot get my head around the thinking behind it at all. 

Strange.

Of all the things to moan about.

He is head and shoulders above anything we have and is 1 of maybe 3 players that I'm not totally embarrassed to be associated with our club.

21 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Nah. 13 goals in total this season (wonder why you'd want to ignore cup goals when assessing a season). By minutes played per goal Jo Dodoo would be the best forward. Clearly that's not the case, so clearly that's not everything. 

Adds energy, the only one showing drive in many games and his outfield play has more often than not been decent.

He's been reasonably effective.

I clearly said 'League football' in my post.  Kenny's played 2700mins of league football and scored 10 goals.  The league is the only domestic competiton that I'm interested in and I want to focus on what the players do on that front.  Cup compettions often involve goals and assists gained against lesser opponents and therefore have the potential to mislead.  The stats don't lie and Kenny's not done enough as an attacking force considering the large amount of game time he's had this season.  For the most part he's been ineffective as an attacking threat and if we're serious about winning the title we need someone with more quality.  You say he offers drive and energy but there's been at least a dozen games this season where we have got aboslutey fuck all from him.

Rangers need a striker who can score 20+ goals a season and Kenny's not the man to do it.  In fact, other than a solid 6 month peroid for us he's never really been prolific at any club.  Kenny's always made up for his lack of ability with hard work and all credit to him for that.  However, it's clear as day that we need more quality and consistentcy up front if we're to challenge for this title.  If we go in to next season with McKay and Kenny as two of our forward options I think we'll struggle again. 

6 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I clearly said 'League football' in my post.  Kenny's played 2700mins of league football and scored 10 goals.  The league is the only domestic competiton that I'm interested in and I want to focus on what the players do on that front.  Cup compettions often involve goals and assists gained against lesser opponents and therefore have the potential to mislead.  The stats don't lie and Kenny's not done enough as an attacking force considering the large amount of game time he's had this season.  For the most part he's been ineffective as an attacking threat and if we're serious about winning the title we need someone with more quality.  You say he offers drive and energy but there's been at least a dozen games this season where we have got aboslutey fuck all from him.

Rangers need a striker who can score 20+ goals a season and Kenny's not the man to do it.  In fact, other than a solid 6 month peroid for us he's never really been prolific at any club.  Kenny's always made up for his lack of ability with hard work and all credit to him for that.  However, it's clear as day that we need more quality and consistentcy up front if we're to challenge for this title.  If we go in to next season with McKay and Kenny as two of our forward options I think we'll struggle again. 

Then you went on to use it as evidence as to how ineffective a season he's had as a whole, pretty clearly...

'10 goals and 7 assists in 2700mins of league football.  I think "ineffective" is a good label for Kenny when you look at this season as a whole. '

He's scored 13 goals this season. What you're interested in is irrelevant. The season is a league and 2 cups (this year).

Cup goals don't mislead (two of the three were against Prem teams, and one against a, at the time, high flying Morton) because the other players have the same chance to score against them. If you're saying it's easier to score against Morton, its easier for the other players too, so that negates that as a factor. The comparison still works.

The stats don't lie? So Jo Dodoo is our best forward? Interesting. I'd say that proves that stats don't mean everything. Nobody's arguing that he's brilliant or can supply the goals we need to win the league. But he has been 'reasonably effective' this season, which is what I am claiming..

The epitome of a modern professional football player. If the players at our club could learn one fucking thing from him, then they would instantly become better.

Some of the people knocking him, have no fucking clue about what we need.

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Then you went on to use it as evidence as to how ineffective a season he's had as a whole, pretty clearly...

'10 goals and 7 assists in 2700mins of league football.  I think "ineffective" is a good label for Kenny when you look at this season as a whole. '

He's scored 13 goals this season. What you're interested in is irrelevant. The season is a league and 2 cups (this year).

Cup goals don't mislead (two of the three were against Prem teams, and one against a, at the time, high flying Morton) because the other players have the same chance to score against them. If you're saying it's easier to score against Morton, its easier for the other players too, so that negates that as a factor. The comparison still works.

The stats don't lie? So Jo Dodoo is our best forward? Interesting. I'd say that proves that stats don't mean everything. Nobody's arguing that he's brilliant or can supply the goals we need to win the league. But he has been 'reasonably effective' this season, which is what I am claiming..

I clearly quantified it as a 'league season'.  Kenn'y scored 10 gaosl in 2700mins of league football.  By "season as a whole" I I meant after all games have been played and we're just about there.  I'm sorry if you've been confused by this.

If you're determined to pad his stats with goals agianst Morton then we should also add on all the additional minutes he might have played.  Let's say 13 goals in 3000+ minutes of football?  That's a terrible return for a Rangers forward under any circumstance.  There's no way to cast a good light on it.  'Aye, bit he pure runs aboot' hunners' - He's still ineffective as a forward and the stats prove it.

You keep rammbling on about Dodoo but don't waste your time.  Dodoo hasn't been good enough either.  We need someone new that can get us 20+ a season and help us challenge Celtic for the title.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I clearly quantified it as a 'league season'.  Kenn'y scored 10 gaosl in 2700mins of league football.  By "season as a whole" I I meant after all games have been played and we're just about there.  I'm sorry if you've been confused by this.

If you're determined to pad his stats with goals agianst Morton then we should also add on all the additional minutes he might have played.  Let's say 13 goals in 3000+ minutes of football?  That's a terrible return for a Rangers forward under any circumstance.  There's no way to cast a good light on it.  'Aye, bit he pure runs aboot' hunners' - He's still ineffective as a forward and the stats prove it.

You keep rammbling on about Dodoo but don't waste your time.  Dodoo hasn't been good enough either.  We need someone new that can get us 20+ a season and help us challenge Celtic for the title.

No you didn't. You said season as a whole, which isn't a league season. I'm sorry if you don't understand what a season as a whole is. And even if you are, that's unfair to him, seeing as a season includes several competitions. All it appears is an attempt to make him look worse than he is. 

In the season as a whole, he's been reasonably effective. 'Pad his stats' :lol:. How come 8 other players couldn't score against Morton? If it's so easy as to be discounted from stats, I mean. Morton also beat Hamilton and Killie. Should we discount goals against them seeing as Morton are so shite?

Dodoo is relevant because it addresses your point about stats. If you think he hasn't been good enough how come he has the best goal to minutes ratio? You're the one that says stats don't lie. You can't just ignore points like that by accusing me of rambling. 

For the type of positions Miller has been playing this year, 13 goals is decent.

31 minutes ago, Keeps01 said:

The epitome of a modern professional football player. If the players at our club could learn one fucking thing from him, then they would instantly become better.

Some of the people knocking him, have no fucking clue about what we need.

Correct.

47 minutes ago, Inigo said:

No point in arguing with that fud 

5 minutes ago, one cutty young said:

The season we've had and you rip the only player who gives a fuck - OP your a pathetic fuck and I've never called another poster on here down. You sir are a dick!

Fuck up knob. 

giphy.gif?response_id=591f623e9f61db3129

I said in the OP that I don't question his effort or commitment but that he's completely ineffective in midfield. 

Straight to the insults rather than argue the point says more about you than it does me, regardless of my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Fuck up knob. 

giphy.gif?response_id=591f623e9f61db3129

I said in the OP that I don't question his effort or commitment but that he's completely ineffective in midfield. 

Straight to the insults rather than argue the point says more about you than it does me, regardless of my opinion. 

See you're enjoying yourself dickhead. To shit on the one player who gives a fuck shows your Tim side bursting through.

KM would love to play upfront and he would score goals. That is if we had a midfield who could string two passes together to our players and feed the strikers.

Unfortunately we don't, that's why he gets back in defence and the midfield to try and get those lazy useless bastards to do something.