Season ticket renewals reach record high 35,000

Broxi

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Absolutely. Max £5m on transfer fees IMO

£5m would be more than I expected and if it is sustainable to spend that every season I'd be ok with that level for now. We could get 2 or 3 good quality players for that add a couple of bosmans and loans and we might be able to put a half decent team on the pitch. On the basis that it's spent wisely.

6 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

The board don't deserve us it's as simple as that  ... more than a little concerned about Pedro getting the guts of 15 million though 

This....

If he thinks Windass & Garner warrant a start every week, he obviously has a McCoist-like eye for a player.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

deadline was the 15th Plumb..... 2.5k of a waiting list btw

Cheers mate.

I better not lose out because he is dragging his heels, i like to get the seats together as our boys are same ages so it's good for them to hang about with each other.

My boys birthday in August aswell so perfect present for him.

A quote from the message on the Rangers website:  "The current figure is 34,700 and is already a new high, meaning there is now the realistic prospect of exceeding the record sales of more than 43,000 achieved this season."

Feels like a bit of convenient spin going on here.  Or perhaps its a bit of over-exuberance.

The Club sold 43000 STs for this current season.  That's a number I've seen in a number of articles and its not contested as far as I know.   But here's the spin bit for the coming season.......the inference from the message today is that ST sales for the coming season could exceed 43000.   So what you say?  My understanding - again from a number of Rangers articles this season - is that the maximum amount of ST that can be sold is 43000 because space has to be allowed for away support.   So inferring that more than 43000 is a bit of a spin too far imo.  

Maybe a bit like the spin in King's imperfectly precise statement about "....All of our season ticket money will be invested in the football squad...."    On the one hand its not the transfer pot available to the Manager, as it must by inference include player wages costs.   So the amount of money available for signing new players is conveniently masked.    But on the other hand the capital and operating costs for the rest of Rangers' staff (including salary for Manager and backroom staff) and running costs for Ibrox and Auchenhowie are to be covered by income from other sources.  King obviously needs to be held to that commitment.  

6 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

A quote from the message on the Rangers website:  "The current figure is 34,700 and is already a new high, meaning there is now the realistic prospect of exceeding the record sales of more than 43,000 achieved this season."

Feels like a bit of convenient spin going on here.  Or perhaps its a bit of over-exuberance.

The Club sold 43000 STs for this current season.  That's a number I've seen in a number of articles and its not contested as far as I know.   But here's the spin bit for the coming season.......the inference from the message today is that ST sales for the coming season could exceed 43000.   So what you say?  My understanding - again from a number of Rangers articles this season - is that the maximum amount of ST that can be sold is 43000 because space has to be allowed for away support.   So inferring that more than 43000 is a bit of a spin too far imo.  

Maybe a bit like the spin in King's imperfectly precise statement about "....All of our season ticket money will be invested in the football squad...."    On the one hand its not the transfer pot available to the Manager, as it must by inference include player wages costs.   So the amount of money available for signing new players is conveniently masked.    But on the other hand the capital and operating costs for the rest of Rangers' staff (including salary for Manager and backroom staff) and running costs for Ibrox and Auchenhowie are to be covered by income from other sources.  King obviously needs to be held to that commitment.  

He wont be and he is still seen as the Messiah for many, in spite of all the evidence to the contrary.

He has yet to address the TAP action and then the board and him as named to defend the SD action, so where's all the money coming from? You got it!

7 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Could we not sell circa 48K season tickets, leaving 2k for away fans and segregation?

Obviously out of the 48k though, a good number in the Broomloan would need to be sold as the cheaper "Non Old Firm" versions.

That would be my take on it anyway.

8 hours ago, ronniescu said:

This....

If he thinks Windass & Garner warrant a start every week, he obviously has a McCoist-like eye for a player.

Strange comment, who do you suggest he picks from when he came in until the end of the season? He was brought in after the transfer window so only had those players and the rest of warburtons shite or youth players to pick from. How you can say he has a shite eye for a player when he is picking from the previous managers squad is laughable tbh. 

If that is the number it is astonishing considering the season just gone (nearly), big sales last year as the first back in the SPL were to be expected but after this seasons guff  with nothing but promises on the horizon I thought they would have taken a dunt.

14 hours ago, Broxi said:

Interestingly, King says "all season ticket money will go towards the playing squad". Doesn't 35,000 season tickets (not even final number after public sale) equate to like £15m? I'll believe that when I see it, but hopefully a good chunk

I read it amounts to £11 million

21 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Strange comment, who do you suggest he picks from when he came in until the end of the season? He was brought in after the transfer window so only had those players and the rest of warburtons shite or youth players to pick from. How you can say he has a shite eye for a player when he is picking from the previous managers squad is laughable tbh. 

Also, to add to this, we paid £1.8M for Garner so it would be prudent to actually give him a try and see what he's got to work with, instead of just chucking in the towel as if we've got the luxury of just throwing the money away.

Not to mention that prior to Wednesday's game he'd scored 2 in 2. 

3 minutes ago, BigDak said:

Also, to add to this, we paid £1.8M for Garner so it would be prudent to actually give him a try and see what he's got to work with, instead of just chucking in the towel as if we've got the luxury of just throwing the money away.

Not to mention that prior to Wednesday's game he'd scored 2 in 2. 

That's another factor. Us paying that fee for him means if he's out the door at the end of the season we won't get that money back, more likely to get a chunk of it back with him playing than sitting in the stand. 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Blue Rino said:

In the TO this afternoon and girl said it's sitting at 36k which is incredible ??

Apparently the public sale has not started yet too, take a bow fellow bears 

Will be the moves next. Then public sale goes 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Will be the moves next. Then public sale goes 

Girl indicated that the transfers etc were ongoing at the moment ??

Absolutely outstanding considering the season we have had to endure, onwards and upwards.

9 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

The guys who renew year after year are the lifeblood of the club, especially these days.

What will be telling is how many new season tickets are taken up, on the back of a disappointing season and uninspiring signing targets.

36k already. Some going imo

14 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

The guys who renew year after year are the lifeblood of the club, especially these days.

What will be telling is how many new season tickets are taken up, on the back of a disappointing season and uninspiring signing targets.

Uninspiring signing targets? Might just be me but if we get the majority of the players we've been linked to in the last couple of weeks I'm optimistic for the season ahead.

36 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

Uninspiring signing targets? Might just be me but if we get the majority of the players we've been linked to in the last couple of weeks I'm optimistic for the season ahead.

I realise that having a Portuguese manager who worked in Mexico it's hardly surprising he's apparently interested in Portuguese and Mexican players. However I wonder how many of these guys have the temperament to play consistently well in the this league, in this country.

18 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I realise that having a Portuguese manager who worked in Mexico it's hardly surprising he's apparently interested in Portuguese and Mexican players. However I wonder how many of these guys have the temperament to play consistently well in the this league, in this country.

Mate you're talking about a European championship winner who has won titles all over Europe as our first signing and has shown no signs of coming here for a pension, considering he played 30+ games in the Serie A last season. That's just the first signing. 

If we have 36k renewals for next season and had 43k ST holders last season that tells me we have 7000 people who have not renewed.  Obviously there will be a number where certain personal circumstances are involved in non-renewal but 7k is a lot of unsold tickets.