Dave King thanks supporters for season ticket uptake

Smile

The fans continue to do their job, which is to show loyalty by renewing STs and getting behind the team.  King continues to fail to do his job, which was to leverage investment into the club.  He will never succeed in doing this, because of his toxicity. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

As I said in the other thread the renewal of ST has been outstanding by the fans and I do believe the figures. :thumbup:

We are all mugs in a way but we love our team and not even people like King can stop us believing we will compete next season, but I think another season like this one and King better stay in SA or his arse will be kicked all the way down Edmiston Drive. :angrywillie:

We are not mugs in any way. The people who only support a team  that wins trophies are the mugs.

cant be bothered with these part time bears

and no it doesn't mean I'm accepting mediocrity because it certainly won't get better if we abandon our team

15 minutes ago, BenLui said:

Looks like the average ticket price is nearer 400. So 14 mill on 35000 sold

Plus any other supporters who buy them, these are just renewal numbers. Can we usually take between £16m-18m for season tickets. 

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I reckon no more than 4 mill will be spent 

Caught up in the statement at first nut when you drill down as you say a fair % will be taken by wages

3 minutes ago, BenLui said:

Caught up in the statement at first nut when you drill down as you say a fair % will be taken by wages

other thing is all the money does not come in right away does it

Davy really loves a good lie, well if your going to tell a whopper you may well give it large as some Rangers fans just love being lied to by this arsehole of a man.

What Davy really means is after taking off the running costs the remainder will be spent on players which will be the square root of nothing, now that's not a lie.

I wish Dave would stick a few million of his own cash in to speed up the recovery process.  I appreciate that all season ticket money goes toward the squad but our wage bill will eat most of that. Give Pedro some help or it'll be another year of disappointment and embarrassment.  

5 hours ago, Smile said:

230317_chairman_dave_king_08.jpg

RANGERS Chairman Dave King has thanked supporters for their continued commitment to the Club as season ticket renewals soared to a record high.

By the time the backlog has been cleared it is expected the renewals figure will have crashed through the 35,000 mark.

The current figure is 34,700 and is already a new high, meaning there is now the realistic prospect of exceeding the record sales of more than 43,000 achieved this season. This is despite it having been a tough season following four seasons in the lower leagues.

The Chairman said: “I can only marvel at the steadfast loyalty of our supporters. They are appreciated all over the world for the way they have stood by the Club in the past five years. On behalf of the Board and staff, I thank every one of them.

“The team didn’t perform to expectation this season but it is important to remember that some targets have been met. In particular, getting back into European competition was one of our non-negotiables for this season.

“We are now back on that stage and looking forward immensely to the Europa League qualifiers and our ongoing involvement in Europe in the years to come.

“Pedro Caixinha and his backroom team have been assessing the squad since having arrived at Rangers and will make the necessary changes in the summer so that we are as well prepared as possible for the qualifiers and the new season.

“All of our season ticket money will be invested in the football squad as we continue to work towards taking our club back to the very top of Scottish Football.

‘’The fact that we have already reached almost 35,000 renewals – against what has been a backdrop of transition and managerial change – demonstrates the terrific fan base that we have.

“Thank you again for your loyalty and support.”

Why am I not getting a feeling of sincerity in any of that?!

2 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

We are not mugs in any way. The people who only support a team  that wins trophies are the mugs.

cant be bothered with these part time bears

and no it doesn't mean I'm accepting mediocrity because it certainly won't get better if we abandon our team

It certainly isn't getting any better and we are!

4 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Depends, I went for ages saying we should live within our means, so would be hypocritical for me to demand that we spend outwith our means.

Kings promises will be rightfully pulled up though. His £50m quotes should be honoured, if not in full, at least a bloody decent chunk of it. I never expected it all to go in signings , but we should have had at least £10m worth of signings or equivalent big budget bosmans by now at a minimum.

If they provide £10-15m in signings or blue Chip bosmans this year, then I would say we would all be fairly satisfied. Blue Avenger excluded obviously. Just can't see it though, think the net spend will be under £5m.

No way is that money going to be spent on wages. Never has been and never will. Open the books Dave and let s all see where the cash is going, as I have a good idea where!

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

No way is that money going to be spent on wages. Never has been and never will. Open the books Dave and let s all see where the cash is going, as I have a good idea where!

They open the books every year. They are called the accounts. What is spent on wages is shown in there is it not.

5 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Seriously ?

He's talking pish. 

From accounts to 30 June 2016. 

Wages & salaries (across the entire business) - £12.9m. 

First team wages to turnover was 29% which represents roughly £6.5m. 

It's also noted that the first team wage bill for this year was £10.3m.