Pedro's First Signing

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, K.A.I said:

Depends on how much they consider a premium 1million plus then no get him a pre contract Jan under that then go for it 

awaiting some twisted bastard saying I'd be happy to pay £999,000

Suggestion seemed to be at least £1m. Didn't realise he was out of contract next summer. Strengthens our hand anyway. 

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

It would be good to see at least 4 players signed for the end of the month....and I mean decent players who will make a huge difference on what we have just now.....if the board achieve this then season sales will probably stay the same.....that allows for another influx of players to arrive between pre season and the start of the new campaign 

Plus a decent chance in the early Europa rounds. 

16 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I knew Pedro wasn't all bad.

JusI think you said.n hope the Sun aren't ripping the pish.

Hope we dont go bust paying his wages as we havent got a pot to piss IN I think you daid :dance:Great signing IF true

Just now, Siam69 said:

Plus a decent chance in the early Europa rounds. 

Yip....we can't be seen to be dragging our heels on this, by the time the Europa qualifiers come round I would be hoping we are only a couple of players shy of where we want our squad to be....look what happened last season when we got players in that weren't fit or missed pre season training.....i just want us organised this summer to give us every chance of succeeding 

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I knew Pedro wasn't all bad.

Just hope the Sun aren't ripping the pish.

It would be an eye-catching signing if it happens.   The trouble these days is it seems to be outstandingly easy for the media to create false news and fake news or to bend stories to suit agendas or to be as economical with the truth as they choose to be and still sleep soundly at nights.

Right now I view the story as fake news designed to sell newspapers and to stir up a form of controversy.   And in my mind it'll stay that way until the player is featured on the Rangers website wearing a Rangers top with the Club having confirmed his signature.

7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Already asked this in the thread in the transfer section but if we sign him should we immediately be looking to make him captain?

He'd be so far above anybody else in the squad in terms of quality, experience and pedigree that I think you almost have to.

stick on for captain imo - great pedigree, known to the manager and knows what the manager wants (and a centre half as captain is always good)

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Hopefully it is!

I'd love it to be.

Great player, what the team needs.

Would show he's being backed by the Board.

Would hopefully start getting folk behind Pedro so we can just him fairly.

Fingers and toes crossed for this one mate.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'd love it to be.

Great player, what the team needs.

Would show he's being backed by the Board.

Would hopefully start getting folk behind Pedro so we can just him fairly.

Fingers and toes crossed for this one mate.

Exactly, a bit of steel at the back is what this team has been crying out for. For the Europa Cup as well he would be more than a fair addition. This ups our chances of doing well in the early rounds.

Be funny to know if he went along to his interview and did a PowerPoint presentation on players like Alves he could bring to Rangers.

And impressed the Panel who walked away muttering about diddies with notepads in comparison.

?.

Joking aside, hope we can pull this off, guy's a unit.

I'm starting to think we should've kept Clint Hill to be his partner in defense.  Those two could make for a very good pairing.  I'm a fan of Wilson but he's going to be injured for quite some time now.