Pedro's First Signing

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good signing if true. And age is genuinely irrelevant these days. 35 is nothing if you are fit. He plays in the best league in the world for defending.

the way players are monitored these days I've no worry at all. Especially foreign players as they have a better attitude to health and fitness so he can easily do a job.

8 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Good signing if true. And age is genuinely irrelevant these days. 35 is nothing if you are fit. He plays in the best league in the world for defending.

the way players are monitored these days I've no worry at all. Especially foreign players as they have a better attitude to health and fitness so he can easily do a job.

He plays in the supposed best league for defending yet plays in a Cagliari team who have conceded 69 in 36 games. The 3rd worst record in Serie A this season.

Could be their style or poor cover from midfield but I wouldn't be basing my judgement on him on the fact he's playing with Italians who have historically been good defenders.

13 minutes ago, Number6 said:

He plays in the supposed best league for defending yet plays in a Cagliari team who have conceded 69 in 36 games. The 3rd worst record in Serie A this season.

Could be their style or poor cover from midfield but I wouldn't be basing my judgement on him on the fact he's playing with Italians who have historically been good defenders.

Just had a look there. Cagliari seem a fairly open team!

Hopefully is the managers strategy and not just terrible defending!

Hopefully true but we shall see, even at thirty five a think he will have the skill, knowledge and fitness levels to bring a couple of younger players on and mature them as well, start solid at the back and progress through the spine of the team, get this full team sorted and up and running for next season,and a agree with a few on here, a would love him to boot browns cunt in and start showing these taigs a bit of aggro!!

1 hour ago, Number6 said:

The guy won the euros last year. Imagine saying that about kiernan etc 

40 minutes ago, don1972 said:

Just watched some of him on YouTube.......

he is going to see a few fed cards next season :lol:

A total of 7 reds in 450 games... he'll probably match that if not surpass it in the first season with the refs over here :guns:

:lol:

7 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Already asked this in the thread in the transfer section but if we sign him should we immediately be looking to make him captain?

He'd be so far above anybody else in the squad in terms of quality, experience and pedigree that I think you almost have to.

Would be a good captain but there's more to being rangers captain than on the park so I'd be surprised if he walks straight into it  - but captain or not he would provide on field leadership anyway.