Pedro's First Signing

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

As a club though we shouldn't be happy to accept that 

We fill the stadiums every week, we did buy the merchandise until the shit with Ashley started & we are a massive club worldwide 

Not trying to hark back to olden times but we need to expect a certain level of player, which seems to be falling lower and lower

Understand that we won't be spending 10 million on a player but just because he's better than what we have just now, doesn't mean he's fantastic 

I believe the above is what our biggest problem is, we aren't going to get any top players or even the next level below anymore, not one want's to play in Scotland if they are at the high point in their career, and outwith Rangers fans no cunt cares anymore about us, we don't even get a small write up in the English press anymore,you can expect what you want but what you want and what you get will be 2 very different things unfortunately

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Didn't disagree with a word of your last post, this one is unrealistic. It's a bit like buying a house, unless you have unlmited funds there's always a compromise. You just have to find the one that suits you best.

IMO Alves is a reasonable compromise, compared to Kiernan, Wilson and Bates it's light years ahead of MW signings.

Maybe currently it is a little unrealistic but we need to aim high otherwise we'll end up accept mediocre players like Hearts etc 

5 minutes ago, mus said:

I believe the above is what our biggest problem is, we aren't going to get any top players or even the next level below anymore, not one want's to play in Scotland if they are at the high point in their career, and outwith Rangers fans no cunt cares anymore about us, we don't even get a small write up in the English press anymore,you can expect what you want but what you want and what you get will be 2 very different things unfortunately

Doesn't need to be top quality mate but we need to look away from free transfers and older players

Some young players and players in their prime is who we need 

Hate comparing us to them, but Sinclair, perfect example of a player who's not good enough for England but runs riot up here... for a decent price 

31 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Doesn't need to be top quality mate but we need to look away from free transfers and older players

Some young players and players in their prime is who we need 

Hate comparing us to them, but Sinclair, perfect example of a player who's not good enough for England but runs riot up here... for a decent price 

We could have a blend of all three of those types. The fact that this particular players plays in CD is significant, and he could be a very good asset.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

We could have a blend of all three of those types. The fact that this particular players plays in CD is significant, and he could be a very good asset.

True about the CD, seen before it can work

Hope he turns out to be fantastic, player of the season material, just at the moment hasn't got me excited lol

Just now, Valance1690 said:

True about the CD, seen before it can work

Hope he turns out to be fantastic, player of the season material, just at the moment hasn't got me excited lol

Just looking at him, and then his playing record as well, tells me there is something about the guy. He looks a winner, a real leader of men as well. I think he'll do very well here. It more than helps that he has played at the very highest level, and for a sustained period.

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Just looking at him, and then his playing record as well, tells me there is something about the guy. He looks a winner, a real leader of men as well. I think he'll do very well here. It more than helps that he has played at the very highest level, and for a sustained period.

Looking at him, gives me the impression he's the kind of guy who's going to put somebody on their arse...

Would like somebody younger, athletic in next to him, a bit of pace needed

16 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Pleased at that but he needs a decent partner besides him hopefully the first of many top class signings 

Kenny McLean next please 

Hopefully it'll be a partner with a bit of pace on him. I think Alves would make a great captain too. 

1 hour ago, mus said:

Are we not a bigger club, draw, pull or attraction than Celtic? Or even similar? Surely if they can attract likes of Toure albeit it hasn't worked, Sinclair, Dembele, Rodgers, all when they were not guaranteed Champions League football, the Scotland captain and half the national team etc etc too then so can we? Just because are not a huge worldwide name anymore or a massively rich club does not mean our ambitions or expectations to be number 1 in Scotland should disappear. That has to be our immediate aim. 

Players the calibre of Bruno Alves, who i put on a par with Toure reputation wise, then that is a great start. 

King promised to multiply our wage bill by up to 4 times this season and failed to do so, if we can do that now plus get rid of most of this shower of shite then there has to be huge sums of money to play around with for the manager meaning we can attract and sign our very own Sinclairs, Dembeles and full internationals etc.

Bruno Alves, Dorrans, Naismith, Jack and Kenny McLean would be a good start but only that. 5 good first team players for less than £5m? The work needing done to us is far greater than just adding 4 or 5 to this team though. It needs completely rebuilt. We need 2 goalscorers i feel to mount any sort of challenge. Goals change games and we are not a big enough threat in the attacking third for me. 

There must be a whole load of players up for grabs this summer who could do a turn and i am excited to see who the club can identify and attract. I fully expect top drawer, top drawer in the sense of Rangers Football Club competing with Celtic for trophies and playing in Europe. Nothing unrealistic obviously. 

:thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Are we not a bigger club, draw, pull or attraction than Celtic? Or even similar? Surely if they can attract likes of Toure albeit it hasn't worked, Sinclair, Dembele, Rodgers, all when they were not guaranteed Champions League football, the Scotland captain and half the national team etc etc too then so can we? Just because are not a huge worldwide name anymore or a massively rich club does not mean our ambitions or expectations to be number 1 in Scotland should disappear. That has to be our immediate aim. 

Players the calibre of Bruno Alves, who i put on a par with Toure reputation wise, then that is a great start. 

King promised to multiply our wage bill by up to 4 times this season and failed to do so, if we can do that now plus get rid of most of this shower of shite then there has to be huge sums of money to play around with for the manager meaning we can attract and sign our very own Sinclairs, Dembeles and full internationals etc.

Bruno Alves, Dorrans, Naismith, Jack and Kenny McLean would be a good start but only that. 5 good first team players for less than £5m? The work needing done to us is far greater than just adding 4 or 5 to this team though. It needs completely rebuilt. We need 2 goalscorers i feel to mount any sort of challenge. Goals change games and we are not a big enough threat in the attacking third for me. 

There must be a whole load of players up for grabs this summer who could do a turn and i am excited to see who the club can identify and attract. I fully expect top drawer, top drawer in the sense of Rangers Football Club competing with Celtic for trophies and playing in Europe. Nothing unrealistic obviously. 

Commenting on the bit in bold above, as bad as it seems to say it we don't seem to be at the moment, as someone who is English and working down here most people I speak to prefer celtic as they see them on tv in the CL, it takes a lot of talking to work colleagues etc to make them delve a bit deeper to see what sort of club they are, but not sure about around Europe and beyond, but as I say down in England they are a bigger draw as they are seen more, a lot of people I know only now take an interest in us because they know I'm at games, and once they do look at the things I tell them ira,poppies etc they then stop taking an intrest, and as rogers is their manager and was high profile down here that gets people taking notice as well!

8 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

I agree with what you are saying overall here... but my one addition would be that I didn't personally know who the two highlighted were before they came to Scotland. I don't follow other teams outwith Rangers tbh. Therefore I am hoping we attract a better calibre. I would hope that we could attract players like Alves. Ones that have a reputation, and are known for their skills. People who have played well in Euro / World Cup. 

6 minutes ago, OhW said:

People don't seem to take into consideration the fact that the scum have a recent track record of selling players on who go on to become English Premier League regulars. They can say to a player "look, if you want to play in the BPL, come to us for a couple of seasons and we will sell you on". As galling as it is we just can't say that at the moment.

we will. We have only been back one season. Once the uncertainty that surrounds a team that has just been promoted disappears - and it now has -  then this is the exact narrative we will re-introduce

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Sorry, it's a guess mate.

On Transfermarkt it says his agent is Gestifute (Jorge Mendes' agency), who used to represent Pedro Mendes, so you still may be right.