Players being told today

Ivybank

Guest Lloyd72
35 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

First it was Friday then it's Saturday, nothing but selling season tickets, maybe it will be in ten days. There is another thread about a funny foreigner but everybody is laughing at us as usual, well King is calling the shots.

What are you talking about :lol:

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If we really want 11/12 players gone, i feel this is probably going to need to be a two year process 

I would obviously like them gone asap but if we can get 5 or 6 gone now that would be a good start-even another 1 to 2 in January

Hopefully we've got some teams interested in those under contract!

I don't presume they will bin 11/12 players but we haven't seen anything from the ones that are here that they can grace the jersey.

Unless Pedro does some amount of coaching in three weeks they will still have the flaws that we've all seen.

The only upswing will be if we get a spine into the team and that makes the players round about them improve, they have talent but are either so inconsistent or dare I say scared to actually show it, plus there a few who crap out of tackles.

And not suggesting running around a la Terry H. Who would boot down a wall to win, the simple stuff track back, harry, jockey the player all the shitty stuff that Warburton teams didn't do.

Because at present this is till his fuckin team until Pedro gets bodies in.

Also I'd be very intrigued to see what Pedros going to play formation wise because some of his selections and formations so far have been strange to say the least.

3-1-4-2 a possibility with 5 or 6 new signings????

Fod

Alves   Wilson  newCB/Wallace

Niko (Pirlo Role?)

Tav/Patterson  Rossier   Jack   Mckay / Weiss

Garner   McLean

2 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Too costly and difficult to get rid of practically a whole new squad. I'd be content with something like this.

Out - Hill, Senderos, Kiernan, Toral, MOH, Waghorn, Kranjcar, Halliday, Forrester, Crooks, Hodson and Dodoo 

Even if the last two were out on loan for a year, that leaves us with this.

GKs - Fod and Alnwick

RBs - Tav and new RB

CBs - Wilson, Bates and two new CBs(A Wilson)

LBs - Wallace, new LB/Beerman

DM - Rossiter(Who?) and new DF(Barjonas)

CM - Holt, two new CMs

Wingers - McKay, Windass and two new wingers

Strikers - Miller, Garner and two new strikers

12 out and 11 in. That's a big ask to be honest and the players we've been linked with are not near enough a big upgrade on what we have, ala McLean, Patterson and Jack.

Looking pretty likely that you can add Ryan Jack in DM / CM. 

As well as rumours of Paterson, Alves, Dorrans, Naishame and Lafferty. 

17 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Surely not long now before we have the list of players leaving. :giggidy:

Probably.   I still think it will hedged a bit.   Those who are out of contract and are not being offered new contracts are the easy ones to list and I guess that can be released very soon.   Whether it goes as far as to identify those who are still in contract but for whom the Club would listen to sensible offers is the other bit.    That does not mean they are certain to go, only that they'd be going if an offer acceptable to all parties was received.   Some might be on the 'could be released' list but still be at Rangers for all or some of next season if no offer arrives and no deal to mutually terminate contracts.......they'd just be at the very peripheral edges of the squad a bit like Senderos was this season.

I'm definitely interested to see how Pedro handles this as he's made quite a bit of comment about the shortfalls he sees in the squad and his determination to produce lists.   

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

Probably.   I still think it will hedged a bit.   Those who are out of contract and are not being offered new contracts are the easy ones to list and I guess that can be released very soon.   Whether it goes as far as to identify those who are still in contract but for whom the Club would listen to sensible offers is the other bit.    That does not mean they are certain to go, only that they'd be going if an offer acceptable to all parties was received.   Some might be on the 'could be released' list but still be at Rangers for all or some of next season if no offer arrives and no deal to mutually terminate contracts.......they'd just be at the very peripheral edges of the squad a bit like Senderos was this season.

I'm definitely interested to see how Pedro handles this as he's made quite a bit of comment about the shortfalls he sees in the squad and his determination to produce lists.   

Yes RB my post was rather over optimistic, the players he does not want to stay but are still on contract is a huge problem IMO but we can only hope that playing is more important than staying and not even being in the first team squad. I do not see Pedro having players in his squad who are not part of his plans.