Players being told today

Ivybank

9 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's a catch 22, I agree. But the thought of going into a season with the desire to run them a close second has really got to end soon for the good of the club. If we go out to win it and don't, and the manager has improved things, then I would settle for it; I'd have to. I really want us going for it next season though.

Goals and expectations need to differ.

If they're the same, to win the league, then I'd question that persons realism and justification for it given its a new manager, squad, and a lesser budget. It comes back to the aye but we're Rangers attitude.

I think next season needs to be really significant improvement, string second with points gap hugely cut, and the platform to build for a real attack on them the following season.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Again I never said anything other than the league is failure. What's the point in kicking a ball at the start of the season or going to games if you think you've no chance of winning?

Again, its all on the misuse of the word 'expect'.

Of course we have a chance of winning. We have the second best chance of winning it in the country IMO.

I hope we win it. The goal should be to win it. I however expect that we wont quite be ready yet to win it.

30 minutes ago, gsa said:

I think Holt will still be here. Useful squad player. 

I wish he would get himself to the gym and stop being a lightweight. Sometimes he seems to have a bit of technical ability... whilst being snappy. But then he is shoved off the ball and practically shat himself against most players this season. 

3 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Again I never said anything other than the league is failure. What's the point in kicking a ball at the start of the season or going to games if you think you've no chance of winning?

Well maybe outwith the sheep, who are seriously unhinged, not one team in this land can realistically think they can win this league. You think we can or will next season?

3 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

It's not about being 'staunch' . It's about an attitude. Surely you go into the season and buy your season ticket to win the league not close the gap

I go to support Rangers. Every other season in the last 20 odd years I've been going i expected to win the league. 

We are in completely new territory now sadly. 

4 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

It's not about being 'staunch' . It's about an attitude. Surely you go into the season and buy your season ticket to win the league not close the gap

Of course you would hope to win the league, but I would not expect it.

I buy a lottery ticket to hope that I win it. I know the odds are millions to one against me winning it though, so I dont expect it.

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The footballing world has changed and moved and we have been left behind. We are suffering from a bad case of strategic drift and lack of funding. If we don't halt that, romanticism in memories is all we will have left.

I understand that, and in some ways even I have to realise that we are limited, but we can never go into any match, or any season in this league, expecting to fail. The danger of that is that it can become a permanent thing.  This club has always said something to me, something defiant in the face of defeat even; just like it has you as well most probably. It is built on dreams, that's all I'm saying, and we should never lose that.

1 minute ago, Ryju84 said:

I wish he would get himself to the gym and stop being a lightweight. Sometimes he seems to have a bit of technical ability... whilst being snappy. But then he is shoved off the ball and practically shat himself against most players this season. 

He's solid enough, just he's about 5'5 that's the issue. 

Has a bit of wee man syndrome which I like. 

3 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Goals and expectations need to differ.

If they're the same, to win the league, then I'd question that persons realism and justification for it given its a new manager, squad, and a lesser budget. It comes back to the aye but we're Rangers attitude.

I think next season needs to be really significant improvement, string second with points gap hugely cut, and the platform to build for a real attack on them the following season.

I agree with much of that, and we can never just assume because we are Rangers then we can win, I didn't have that this season. Maybe you're right, and I have to continue that next season, but I still think we should play to win.

37 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

But under your definition, we failed in that game.

I think we were very successful.

We held our own and put up a hell of a fight, we didnt win but we took a hell of allot of pride from it. It was not a failure.

Running barca close spending a fraction of what they do compared to beating Aberdeen by spending double them isnt comparable, rangers should target winning every single game in Scotland, it can be done as this season has shown

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

If the axe is being swung today I'd be surprised if many feature in a meaningless, last game of the season, away day.  Expect to see a team with A. Wilson, Bates, Beerman and Barjonas starting and two or three other youths in and around too.

Agreed - that's exactly what I'd do if I was manager I'd give the whole unders side a game and say the floors yours show me what you've got 

would be win win would tell them play with no pressure they've nothing to lose but good showing you could have a chance of being part of a new look squad next season 

I've my doubts on the unders but I'd be saying go on prove me wrong 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Running barca close spending a fraction of what they do compared to beating Aberdeen by spending double them isnt comparable, rangers should target winning every single game in Scotland, it can be done as this season has shown

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If hes 50/50 on waghorn we're fucked, waghorn will never be good enough to win this league with us

50/50 to get rid of him or just fukin shoot him

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Agreed - that's exactly what I'd do if I was manager I'd give the whole unders side a game and say the floors yours show me what you've got 

would be win win would tell them play with no pressure they've nothing to lose but good showing you could have a chance of being part of a new look squad next season 

I'd largely do the same, if not a bit further even. The experienced pros he wants to keep, ie Miller, Fod, Tav I'd have sent on holiday on Thursday to give them as much r&r time as possible in this short window. Next season is more important than 3 points on Sunday. And what an opportunity for the unders.

47 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

We should be playing every match going for the win, and expecting to win.

This. It's one of the things about Derek McInnes that, in my mind, mark him out as someone we should never hire. He plays on the media making out he's a massive success, when his team stumble every time they're expected to win; that he speaks of pushing Celtic but thinks finishing 30 points behind them is alright, because Aberdeen aren't Rangers, should be a red flag for the sheep shaggers - someone with a real winning mentality would have taken advantage of Celtic's form last season, and wouldn't be toasting to finishing second as a result of us imploding. 

The most important thing this summer is to bring in players that are used to winning, and expect it. We need players that communicate on the pitch as well; basically, we need leaders. Pedro's evaluations are probably about sorting out those who could be better players with those leaders around them from the ones that are just utter shitebags and don't belong. If we don't secure those kind of players, the best we can hope for is to be a better supported Aberdeen, albeit with less sexual abuse of livestock. 

12 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Of course you would hope to win the league, but I would not expect it.

I buy a lottery ticket to hope that I win it. I know the odds are millions to one against me winning it though, so I dont expect it.

That's a dreadful comparison. Yeah you hope to win the lottery cos it's pot luck.

i know we're in a poor situation just now but the club still has expectations going into a new season

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I agree. Was just highlighting my hatred of the term 'Expect to win every game, regardless of who it is against'.

We should aim to win every game we play domestically. We should expect to beat every team outwith celtic in every match we play. We have a bigger budget, and by that stage we should have better players. I do think that we would drop points here or there throughout the season though, which we done far too much of this season.

When it comes to Old Firm games, expectations kinda go out the window. They would be favourites, but its not impossible for us to win if we get the tactics right and the players play out their skins.

It is not impossible for us to win the league, we will be the second favourites. Being second favourites means that I dont expect it, but it should be the goal! 

6 minutes ago, Aubie92 said:

The most important thing this summer is to bring in players that are used to winning, and expect it. We need players that communicate on the pitch as well; basically, we need leaders.. 

Exactly. And if we sign Alves that is a declaration of intent to me, especially when the guy has not only played at the very highest level but had success as well. He has a look that says defeat is not an option. I know he's 35, but the man look's like a winner.

2 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

That's a dreadful comparison. Yeah you hope to win the lottery cos it's pot luck.

i know we're in a poor situation just now but the club still has expectations going into a new season

Tell you what.

Ill bet you £100 that we dont win the league. You bet me £100 that we will win the league.

You expect to win £100, so you should not hesitate right?

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Wish we could ask them to leave by walking through a minefield on the way out. 

We should be aiming to win the league or what's the point taking part, but getting within single figures of them next season would be a great step in the right direction. 

What the fuck. Just liked a post of yours.

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Agreed but I think most of the U20's are away to the Hong Kong 7's.

4 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Right now I expect to win fuck all but come the opening day of the season - packed Ibrox, new signings etc. I'll be optimistic that we can go onto win it. That optimism will probably be gone by October right enough.

That's the way I am too even starting to feel it now as mad as that sounds 

everything I've said about Pedro I stand by but this weekend is our last game, the players are going, new ones are coming in and it will soon be a fresh start

start the season like we finished this then heads will roll - no excuses from anyone