Players being told today

Ivybank

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Okay, so you think that the bookies are wrong and that we are the favorites to win the league. I dont.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I suspect you will be disappointed.

As for the part in bold, the statement is contradictory, so it is not supposed to make sense. That is the point I am trying to make!

The bookies can be wrong, easily, you just have to look at this year alone, and not just in sport! We can win the league, and we can aim for the league, and expect to win it if we get the right players in and if we take each match as it comes expecting to win them. What other option can we take?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Ivybank said:

As Pedro said before the sheep game he will tell the players today who's part of the squad for next season, no doubt the usual leaks coming out of ibrox will let us know,players told to go/ find a new club could be:

the obvious ones: hill,senderos,toral,hyndman

under contract but never featured: forester, moh,kiernan

Played but never shone: dodoo,windass,Halliday,hodson,holt

players who I think Pedro is 50/50 on: McKay,waghorn

just guessing might have missed somebody

id honestly keep Windass and dodoo, they're young and could flourish with better players. 

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

The bookies can be wrong, easily, you just have to look at this year alone, and not just in sport! We can win the league, and we can aim for the league, and expect to win it if we get the right players in and if we take each match as it comes expecting to win them. What other option can we take?

There are lots of 'ifs' in there.

Generally the bookies get things correct, if they didnt, they would be going under.

The other option we can take is to try everything we can to win the league, but recognize that it would be a great achievement above our expectations.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

There are lots of 'ifs' in there.

Generally the bookies get things correct, if they didnt, they would be going under.

The other option we can take is to try everything we can to win the league, but recognize that it would be a great achievement above our expectations.

The bookies are like any other market of this kind, they speculate mostly on past experience, and with a few determined factors. It is reasonable that we are not favourites, but favourites lose all the time and one of the reasons for that is because in retrospect there was as yet no indication such an outcome was going to happen, at least in a conspicuous sense. There is no guarantees that any favourite will win though; although the odds differ on such a likelihood.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

The bookies are like any other market of this kind, they speculate mostly on past experience, and with a few determined factors. It is reasonable that we are not favourites, but favourites lose all the time and one of the reasons for that is because in retrospect there was as yet no indication such an outcome was going to happen, at least in a conspicuous sense. 

Okay, so can you lay out in simple terms the indicators that you are using to suggest that you believe we will get the required signings in this summer to overthrow a 30pts+ defecit?

If you can show me the logic on why you think the bookies are wrong and that we will win the league, then I might understand your logic.

16 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Okay, so you think that the bookies are wrong and that we are the favorites to win the league. I dont.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I suspect you will be disappointed.

As for the part in bold, the statement is contradictory, so it is not supposed to make sense. That is the point I am trying to make!

When have I said the bookies are wrong or that we're favourites? How can we be even considered favourites, we have half a team! They're favourites, it doesnt change my way of thinking though. Bookies are wrong all the time mate: like 8/1 for us to come from a goal down to beat Hearts at home for example.

If we dont win the league, yes i'll be disappointed. You won't though. Whats that like, as a Rangers fan? 

You asked if my answer was the second point; do i expect us to win the league but think we probably wont? I'm sorry, but my brain honestly won't allow me to process that. Do you expect to win the lottery, but know you probably won't? Im struggling to even type that out! 

2 hours ago, BearInTheWood said:

Just swing the hammer maniacally Pedro.

We want our Rangers back

I'd keep Waghorn ?

It would make you laugh if it wasn't so pitifully sad 

Must be the only time in my Rangers supporting like .I wouldn't care if the whole team without exception was punted 

Starting with this clown and loser 

8 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Okay, so can you lay out in simple terms the indicators that you are using to suggest that you believe we will get the required signings in this summer to overthrow a 30pts+ defecit?

If you can show me the logic on why you think the bookies are wrong and that we will win the league, then I might understand your logic.

It's a good question, and one I would like to spend more time on. I did add earlier that I am a romantic type when it comes to this club as well, so I'd have to overcome that. However, I think if we got one commanding CH, two CM who were experienced at the highest level, and a striker there would be a vast improvement to the team overall. I think there are some young players who could improve greatly playing alongside those types. If we gained some sort of momentum, then who knows? We would need to start well, and then keep a level of consistency from that point throughout the season. It would be hard, of course it would, but it's possible. We need to invest heavily in the squad, and buy good players with that, and it's been done here before.

3 minutes ago, WWTC said:

When have I said the bookies are wrong or that we're favourites? How can we be even considered favourites, we have half a team! They're favourites, it doesnt change my way of thinking though. Bookies are wrong all the time mate: like 8/1 for us to come from a goal down to beat Hearts at home for example.

If we dont win the league, yes i'll be disappointed. You won't though. Whats that like, as a Rangers fan? 

You asked if my answer was the second point; do i expect us to win the league but think we probably wont? I'm sorry, but my brain honestly won't allow me to process that. Do you expect to win the lottery, but know you probably won't? Im struggling to even type that out! 

I don't know how much more simply I can put this...

Above you state that Celtic are justifiably the favourites.

This means you think that they are more likely to win the league.

You also however state that you expect us to win the league.

These two points are completely contradictory and don't make sense.

6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's a good question, and one I would like to spend more time on. I did add earlier that I am a romantic type when it comes to this club as well, so I'd have to overcome that. However, I think if we got one commanding CH, two CM who were experienced at the highest level, and a striker there would be a vast improvement to the team overall. I think there are some young players who could improve greatly playing alongside those types. If we gained some sort of momentum, then who knows? We would need to start well, and then keep a level of consistency from that point throughout the season. It would be hard, of course it would, but it's possible. We need to invest heavily in the squad, and buy good players with that, but it's been done here before.

I agree. If we improve our team, then we can get a level of consistency and improve. We may even win the league!

It's possible, but would be unexpected!

Like you say who knows, but I think they are favourites, but would love to beat the odds.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I agree. If we improve our team, then we can get a level of consistency and improve. We may even win the league!

It's possible, but would be unexpected!

Like you say who knows, but I think they are favourites, but would love to beat the odds.

Of course they are, but that has a formal function that doesn't mean that it's guaranteed. 

14 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I don't know how much more simply I can put this...

Above you state that Celtic are justifiably the favourites.

This means you think that they are more likely to win the league.

You also however state that you expect us to win the league.

These two points are completely contradictory and don't make sense.

At this moment in time, they have to be favourites. At this moment in time, I would expect them to win the league. But as I said, if we invest correctly I expect us to win the league. Its not contradictory. Its the inability to time travel and see exactly what shape we'll be in come the start of the season. Just like the bookies will change the odds. 

4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Wouldn't surprise me, but I hope not.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You what?

3 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Where you hearing that?

Was a question, I forgot the '?' tho. Apologies.

1 hour ago, sausagetrunks said:

id honestly keep Windass and dodoo, they're young and could flourish with better players. 

If Windass would just stay on his feet instead of falling easy and looking for a freekick he could come onto a game.