Ivybank

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Forest already have players in their positions who are more highly rated than them so I don't think he will.

We are fucked if a team like Forest, who cannot get back to the top table after years of trying, have better players than we do.

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Why dont we comtact the Director of Football at Nottingham Forest? He can buy all this fuckin deadwood. It was his scouting thst brought these duds here in the first place 

do a "buy one get one free" kind of deal.

Those  who are out of contract this summer are the obvious ones who will be going.   I think its harder for those who will still be under contract.   In 'going' I'd suspect the best Pedro will be able to say is they will be regarded as core players for next season and expected to raise their game accordingly, or they will be told they are not core players and that the Club will be open to offers from other clubs with the consequences being that if they can't be offloaded they can only expect to be involved in the periphery of the squad or loaned out.  The player take it from there ie tell agents to find another club or request contract to be mutually terminated or (worst case for Rangers) they sit tight and take wages without playing much until their contract expires.

As for next season I wonder if they might state that we go into each competition with the goal of winning and doing the very best we can as an overarching statement.   Its hard to argue with in these times.   But as a matter of closer and more central focus for Pedro and the team that the league campaign next season is viewed in 2 phases.   Phase 1 being a goal - a stretch target if you like - of being in credible contention for the league title at the beginning of March 2018 (the point being still capable of winning it) and if that goal is met then Phase 2 would be to apply as much pressure and effort as possible to press on and win it.  

The point behind this is to generate as much momentum as possible with as many points accumulated as possible so that around early Spring next year we are close enough to provide a real incentive on the squad to lift their game further.  Who knows, it may have the effect of putting a bit of doubt and stress in the minds of the other lot at a time in the season when they have everything to lose and we have everything to gain.   I'm being as optimistic as I can here.   The thought being not necessarily to look at the season as a single journey but to do enough in the first portion to give a team of fighters - if that is what Pedro can transform the squad into - a fighting chance at the business end of the season.  

Even if it didn't work it'd have the benefit of generating momentum for the following season.      That's how I'd look at it anyway - and with the whole approach dependent of Pedro getting the players he seeks and then creating a fighting team that generates enough winning momentum to put us in with a shout come next Spring.     It's easy for armchair managers.......much harder to make it happen in reality.

Just now, Reformation Bear said:

Those  who are out of contract this summer are the obvious ones who will be going.   I think its harder for those who will still be under contract.   In 'going' I'd suspect the best Pedro will be able to say is they will be regarded as core players for next season and expected to raise their game accordingly, or they will be told they are not core players and that the Club will be open to offers from other clubs with the consequences being that if they can't be offloaded they can only expect to be involved in the periphery of the squad or loaned out.  The player take it from there ie tell agents to find another club or request contract to be mutually terminated or (worst case for Rangers) they sit tight and take wages without playing much until their contract expires.

As for next season I wonder if they might state that we go into each competition with the goal of winning and doing the very best we can as an overarching statement.   Its hard to argue with in these times.   But as a matter of closer and more central focus for Pedro and the team that the league campaign next season is viewed in 2 phases.   Phase 1 being a goal - a stretch target if you like - of being in credible contention for the league title at the beginning of March 2018 (the point being still capable of winning it) and if that goal is met then Phase 2 would be to apply as much pressure and effort as possible to press on and win it.  

The point behind this is to generate as much momentum as possible with as many points accumulated as possible so that around early Spring next year we are close enough to provide a real incentive on the squad to lift their game further.  Who knows, it may have the effect of putting a bit of doubt and stress in the minds of the other lot at a time in the season when they have everything to lose and we have everything to gain.   I'm being as optimistic as I can here.   The thought being not necessarily to look at the season as a single journey but to do enough in the first portion to give a team of fighters - if that is what Pedro can transform the squad into - a fighting chance at the business end of the season.  

Even if it didn't work it'd have the benefit of generating momentum for the following season.      That's how I'd look at it anyway - and with the whole approach dependent of Pedro getting the players he seeks and then creating a fighting team that generates enough winning momentum to put us in with a shout come next Spring.     It's easy for armchair managers.......much harder to make it happen in reality.

I could do it no problem.

2 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

If Windass would just stay on his feet instead of falling easy and looking for a freekick he could come onto a game. 

Nooooo mate .Just nawwww

no player with a headband other than an injury deserves to wear our shirt 

Aside from that 

He is still total powderpuff ?

2 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

If Windass would just stay on his feet instead of falling easy and looking for a freekick he could come onto a game. 

That wouldn't solve the issue of him looking to get rid of the ball when the game isn't going out way, or looking for the nearest youth team player to abuse to mask his own fuck ups; these happen because Windass doesn't have the mentality to play for Rangers. Certain flaws could be put down to it being too big a jump from Accrington to Rangers, the lack of leadership around him, or adjusting to another position - but none of those justify the cowardice and all-round shitebaggery. 

2 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

or (worst case for Rangers) they sit tight and take wages without playing much until their contract expires..

That's a big fear of mine. It's all fine and well telling players they're no longer wanted, but for those that are still in contracts, you can't force them out the door. If no other club wants them or are willing to pay the same wages, there's absolutely nothing we can do to stop them eating up valuable wages for at least another season, in some players' cases.

I don't think we can release too many of them as that twat Warburton lumped them all on reasonable length contracts. While,the decent honourable thing to do would be for them to walk away, we're stuck with them until someone buys the shower of shite that we want rid of 

10 minutes ago, alockh said:

I don't think we can release too many of them as that twat Warburton lumped them all on reasonable length contracts. While,the decent honourable thing to do would be for them to walk away, we're stuck with them until someone buys the shower of shite that we want rid of 

It was Robertson and the Board who sanctioned the long contracts. The Board could easily have said 3 years maximum or 2 with an option. 

The problems started at the very top.

9 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

It was Robertson and the Board who sanctioned the long contracts. The Board could easily have said 3 years maximum or 2 with an option. 

The problems started at the very top.

In the last 5 years and the next few nobody should be offered anymore than a 2 year contract.

58 minutes ago, Grundy said:

Although I never like to hear about anyone losing their job I'm slightly surprised there hasn't been any leaks on who is being released and who is being kept as yet.

I've got no sympathy for any of the ones who will be going. They've been paid handsomely in a role they should never have been in.

I hope they can leave and have decent careers but I won't expect to see any of them in the Hall of Fame :lol:

I dare say by the end of the weekend we will know who is going and who is staying.

I'm not too fussed that some are on longish contracts. I expect players like Kiernan, Forrester, Waghorn, Halliday. Holt etc  (or whoever he doesn't want) will want to play regularly and will find someone else to sign for rather than sit about on their arses or training with kids. All of them would get similar wages in the Championship or League One in England. If we sell them cheap to get rid then so be it. 

A.T.G , point taken, they shouldn't have been there in the first place, I was thinking along the lines of someone who has faced redundancy, a horrible experience. However you are right in that we have vastly overpaid imposters ( including the perpetual gardener ) who will walk away with a small fortune.

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

After listening to the Pedro P C  he said he will tell the players tomorrow so we will maybe hear more then. :unsure:

P S he might have been taking the piss and maybe they all do know :ohmy:

Told over glass of wine perhaps......el vino did flow?