The 'funny foreigner' media campaign continues

That absolute thrash piece Nicholas this time, slating Caixinha for everything from having the audacity to discuss tactics, to having the nerve to be a foreign manager working in Scotland. 

Absolute nobodies like Nicholas actually get paid for saying stuff like this. 

What an absolute backwater footballing nation we are.

From The Sun:

"PED'S GONE Ex-Celtic star Charlie Nicholas slaughters Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha and says the Ibrox boss ‘thinks he owns our country’

EX-CELTIC star Charlie Nicholas has slaughtered Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha – saying: “He thinks he owns our country”.

The former Scotland striker said the Light Blues should not be embarrassed about finishing third – a claim made by Aberdeen’s Derek McInnes – because they have NO top players.

And he mocked Caixinha for using empty glasses at a press conference to explain Gers’ Scottish Cup semi-final defeat to Celtic.

Speaking in front of a stunned Paul Lambert, Nicholas told Sky Sports: “They’re lucky to be third.

“They shouldn’t be embarrassed.

“When the season started I thought to myself, ‘If they are competing with Hearts and St Johnstone they’ve done a decent job’.

“They don’t have any top class footballers at all.

“They’ve a manager that’s walked in and thinks he owns our country, telling everybody what to do.

“He’s got the scattergun out and is telling everybody this is how it’s going to be.

“He starts moving glasses after a match to tell people about his tactics.

“Tell your players the tactics! That’s the secret to it. Make your players better.

“He keeps talking about warriors…this team is a million miles from being second best and that’s why they shouldn’t be embarrassed.

“They are in a real state.”

Nicholas’ remarks come after BT Sport pundit Chris Sutton took a pop at Caixinhafor his comments about Aberdeen’s cycle of success coming to an end.

They sparked a war of words with Dons gaffer McInnes that continued after Wednesday’s match at Ibrox which finished 2-1 to the visitors.

After the game, the Portuguese coach was trolled on Twitter by former Aberdeen goalie Jamie Langfield over his “internal league”

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And before anyone comes in and says "I agree with this taig that we are shite", I posted this really to highlight the borderline xenophobic attitude the media have aimed towards Caixinha the minute he walked through the door.

For all I've said the others this week were right in what they said about him, Nicholas saying he thinks he owns the country is fucking ridiculous 

it reeks of him jumping on the bandwagon 

the others were constructive but he's just baiting like a wee fanny 

we do realise in Sutton and Nicholas, you are talking about people who both have an IQ that is borderline special needs? If they werent footballers they would be sweeping the streets or collecting trolleys in asda.

I think we are better listening to people who actually have something relevant and well thought out to say, rather than embarrassingly ill thought out phrases like "he thinks he owns the country". He has the cheek to call Pedro "scattergun" as well after saying that.

Trolled on Twitter by langfield, what the fuck has football come to these days, and fuck nicholas as well, it's open season on Rangers, say what you want about us, as people have said on here, who defends anything that's said about us, certainly not the club, in saying that,one way to shut them up,stop talking and get the head down and get results starting on the park,no other way to go about it, just head down and start our recovery next season hopefully.

9 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

And before anyone comes in and says "I agree with this taig that we are shite", I posted this really to highlight the borderline xenophobic attitude the media have aimed towards Caixinha the minute he walked through the door.

Mate the media are only reporting what others are openly, brazenly saying about him. 

Id be taking issue with the guys saying the stuff about him rather than the media reporting it - that's their job (and I know it's an anti Rangers media)

It does now appear to be open season on Pedro. From Lennon to Mutton to this tarrier and even ex Gers. But don't expect anything from the club. That will only happen if board members are attacked in the taig infested mhedia. Contrast it to when Brenda spouts utter shite i.e. broonaldo could walk into most Prem clubs in England. Or the self patronising drivel from the assistant manager or whatever he is about EVERYONE agreeing the CL is a better tourny with Savco in it. Yea sure...Bayern Barca Chelsea PSG etc etc but they all desperately want some no mark club who steamroll one of the worst professional leagues in world football in it. Imagine Pedro coming out with utter shite like that. Actually makes me get behind the guy even more. 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Mate the media are only reporting what others are openly, brazenly saying about him. 

Id be taking issue with the guys saying the stuff about him rather than the media reporting it - that's their job (and I know it's an anti Rangers media)

Keith Jackson and the likes have had plenty to say too. 

I agree though. Papers exist for controversial headlines. 

MW got the same treatment. He was hammered for relating the Killie pitch to Waghorns injury. 

A week later Tierney gets injured on the same pitch, Deila has a go and not a peep. 

Fast forward a year and Brenda says he's never seen a good game on a plastic pitch and he is hailed as some sort of Lord which opens a debate on plastic pitches in Scottish football. 

Caixinha has came from a country where tactics and football fill more pages than anything else in the daily newspapers, not petty quarrels and the media baiting clowns like McInnes and Nicholas. 

The day we win that league, is the exact day this sort of campaign against everything about the club will go into overdrive and it'll start if were close to them come the split next year. 

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

Keith Jackson and the likes have had plenty to say too. 

I agree though. Papers exist for controversial headlines. 

Aye guys like Jackson are different they're writing opinion pieces and can shape public perception. If he's going to be critical in his piece of his managerial abilities it's fine but he has to be responsible too