Captain Hilts

The 'funny foreigner' media campaign continues

130 posts in this topic

That absolute thrash piece Nicholas this time, slating Caixinha for everything from having the audacity to discuss tactics, to having the nerve to be a foreign manager working in Scotland. 

Absolute nobodies like Nicholas actually get paid for saying stuff like this. 

What an absolute backwater footballing nation we are.

From The Sun:

"PED'S GONE Ex-Celtic star Charlie Nicholas slaughters Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha and says the Ibrox boss ‘thinks he owns our country’

EX-CELTIC star Charlie Nicholas has slaughtered Rangers manager Pedro Caixinha – saying: “He thinks he owns our country”.

The former Scotland striker said the Light Blues should not be embarrassed about finishing third – a claim made by Aberdeen’s Derek McInnes – because they have NO top players.

And he mocked Caixinha for using empty glasses at a press conference to explain Gers’ Scottish Cup semi-final defeat to Celtic.

Speaking in front of a stunned Paul Lambert, Nicholas told Sky Sports: “They’re lucky to be third.

“They shouldn’t be embarrassed.

“When the season started I thought to myself, ‘If they are competing with Hearts and St Johnstone they’ve done a decent job’.

“They don’t have any top class footballers at all.

“They’ve a manager that’s walked in and thinks he owns our country, telling everybody what to do.

“He’s got the scattergun out and is telling everybody this is how it’s going to be.

“He starts moving glasses after a match to tell people about his tactics.

“Tell your players the tactics! That’s the secret to it. Make your players better.

“He keeps talking about warriors…this team is a million miles from being second best and that’s why they shouldn’t be embarrassed.

“They are in a real state.”

Nicholas’ remarks come after BT Sport pundit Chris Sutton took a pop at Caixinhafor his comments about Aberdeen’s cycle of success coming to an end.

They sparked a war of words with Dons gaffer McInnes that continued after Wednesday’s match at Ibrox which finished 2-1 to the visitors.

After the game, the Portuguese coach was trolled on Twitter by former Aberdeen goalie Jamie Langfield over his “internal league”

2 people like this

Trolled on Twitter by langfield, what the fuck has football come to these days, and fuck nicholas as well, it's open season on Rangers, say what you want about us, as people have said on here, who defends anything that's said about us, certainly not the club, in saying that,one way to shut them up,stop talking and get the head down and get results starting on the park,no other way to go about it, just head down and start our recovery next season hopefully.

4 people like this

9 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

And before anyone comes in and says "I agree with this taig that we are shite", I posted this really to highlight the borderline xenophobic attitude the media have aimed towards Caixinha the minute he walked through the door.

Mate the media are only reporting what others are openly, brazenly saying about him. 

Id be taking issue with the guys saying the stuff about him rather than the media reporting it - that's their job (and I know it's an anti Rangers media)

I know the jury is out, but after this shite I want him to succeed even more to spite these fuckers. How dare a new guy come in and discuss tactics, get me somebody in who can coach how to hammer throw. That's the way we like it in this country 

2 people like this

always makes me laugh arseholes like Nicholas giving his opinions on football management given his lack of managerial experience 

2 people like this

Lucky to be 3rd ? 

I know we've been shit , but how the fuck does he work that one out . 

1 person likes this

Really hoping Pedro proves them all wrong.

3 people like this

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Mate the media are only reporting what others are openly, brazenly saying about him. 

Id be taking issue with the guys saying the stuff about him rather than the media reporting it - that's their job (and I know it's an anti Rangers media)

Keith Jackson and the likes have had plenty to say too. 

I agree though. Papers exist for controversial headlines. 

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

Keith Jackson and the likes have had plenty to say too. 

I agree though. Papers exist for controversial headlines. 

Aye guys like Jackson are different they're writing opinion pieces and can shape public perception. If he's going to be critical in his piece of his managerial abilities it's fine but he has to be responsible too 

11 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

For all I've said the others this week were right in what they said about him, Nicholas saying he thinks he owns the country is fucking ridiculous 

What's worse is that he actually said "owns our country". 

1 person likes this

Lambert wasn't sat there "stunned" like the article suggests, the cunt was pishing himself the whole time Nicholas was spewing his bile.

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

And not a word from the club.

Maybe not reached south africa yet

3 people like this

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

What's worse is that he actually said "owns our country". 

If he used the word "our"  then surely to fuck in today's climate our club have to issue a response and bring this tosspot to account?

Charlie Ridiculous indeed.

Charlie Nicholas......? Lol guys a total wank