The 'funny foreigner' media campaign continues

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

most of us are sceptical as to why pedro was appointed in the first place, and more so as to whether he will even last until the turn of the year. having taken a doing for slating him myself I do acknowledge that I actually am starting to feel a bit sorry for the bloke.

cant be easy coming in to this environment. he's pitched himself for the job, and rightly or wrongly, he's got it. but the manner in which the press are on to him is pretty mental.

That said, the exact same thing happened down south when Hull appointed silva, who rammed xenophobic "he aint English!" comments down the likes of merson's throat. the best thing pedro can do is to try and prove the doubters wrong and shut everyone up, although in my opinion he doesn't have what it takes and should be absolutely nowhere near our club.

the knives are out and its pretty shite to see it. just hope this potless, useless board of ours backs him and gives him the best possible chance.

13 minutes ago, Tom0411 said:

I love this thing about using glasses to explain some tactic. In the amazing book about Dutch football Brilliant Orange Krol the Ajax centre half in the 70's explains a tactic to the author using pepper & salt pots on a restaurant table and the author raves about it. Also Pedro hadn't brought in any warriors all he said is he wants warriors in his team. So we are crap & we are a million miles from 2nd place? Played Aberdeen 4 times won 2 lost 2 and one of the defeats should have been a draw. Get some better players in & get results against the teams we should beat and we are a lot closer than pundits think.

That reminds me of something I heard about the old West Ham team of Macolm Allison, Sir Bobby Moore etc. They would go round to a cafe, apparently, and use pepper and salt containers etc on the tables, and discuss tactics. I think Harry Redknapp was the one who told it.

Lads you're all missing the bigger picture here......at the bottom Jamie langfield is having a dig.......how the fuck in the name of hell that a goalie with a middle name of "clangers" can attempt to slag anybody is beyond belief......I personally can't take these cunts serious:confused:

26 minutes ago, Sket said:

Theres been a media campaign against him from day 1 and the worst of it all is some of 'our own' are lapping it up.

So we have to cover our eyes and pretend he's not a dud untill we and 15 points behind in October?

Seems to me Nicholas is a media person who, imo, is only capable of entirely biased opinion with an agenda of Rangers baiting.    A media person whose only aim seems to be to be to beg for attention and interested only in pursuing an anti-Rangers policy.  

Having taken to baiting Rangers again and Pedro it would be interesting and entertaining to hear any conversation between him and Pedro.   I suspect it would be lively, short in duration and one-sided (and not one-sided because of any translation difficulties) and with only one winner......and it wouldn't be Nicholas.     

10 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Seems to me Nicholas is a media person who, imo, is only capable of entirely biased opinion with an agenda of Rangers baiting.    A media person whose only aim seems to be to be to beg for attention and interested only in pursuing an anti-Rangers policy.  

Having taken to baiting Rangers again and Pedro it would be interesting and entertaining to hear any conversation between him and Pedro.   I suspect it would be lively, short in duration and one-sided (and not one-sided because of any translation difficulties) and with only one winner......and it wouldn't be Nicholas.     

He earns his corn by giving an opinion; the "livelier" they are the more chance he stays in the game- I personally have never rated his opinions at any time I can remember. John F. Kennedy once said "too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought"; which I think may well apply to most opinions on football at this present time.

Can you imagine the furore in England if he had said "thinks he owns our country " about Mourinho/Wenger/etc

It is a xenophobic comment with connotations of 'coming over here, taking our jobs' kind of UKIP rhetoric and he should be hauled over the coals for it. I'm sick of the open season on anything or anybody connected to Rangers just being accepted.

As far as Pedro goes, this has been the season from hell, not all his fault, but I really hope that next season he can pull it out the hat and shut these knobs up.  

Charlie  :lol: A 50 odd year old Bono impersonator

just shows you wether it's sitting in an IRA loving slophouse in the gallowgate or a swanky sky sports studio . every bheggar has that inner rage and bitterness not far below the surface . 

Although I think it would be fair to say the jury is out on Pedro for us those cunts will despise him for having the audacity not to shut up and only speak when apologising. 

We can only hope it makes the guy resolute, determined and he has it in his locker to shut the fucking lot of them up. Nothing would be sweeter. 

6 hours ago, Captain Hilts said:

And before anyone comes in and says "I agree with this taig that we are shite", I posted this really to highlight the borderline xenophobic attitude the media have aimed towards Caixinha the minute he walked through the door.

Nothing new mate . If we were winning .It would just be a different angle

The media in this Country are unbiased .Didn't you know that

20 minutes ago, markem said:

Although I think it would be fair to say the jury is out on Pedro for us those cunts will despise him for having the audacity not to shut up and only speak when apologising. 

We can only hope it makes the guy resolute, determined and he has it in his locker to shut the fucking lot of them up. Nothing would be sweeter. 

He just hasn't though mate . He is way too open and trying to be friends with the wrong people .

Nicolas has some points I do agree with

Talk the talk when you are winning .

At this moment ,he has done absolutely he haw but be manager under 2 of the biggest humiliations in our last 30 years .

That is a fact .MW may have been responsible but he was still our Manager

Cut him slack .Fair enough .I just wish he would shut to fuck up and stop telling everyone what he is going to do .

I really find it very very hard to believe he is not taking the piss with us at times

2 hours ago, jbm26896 said:

We need to back the manager - against all of the media clowns.

Show him some support at the game at the weekend at Perth , he needs it.

He needs to earn it first though or at least have a backbone .

If he can't do either .He is in the wrong movie .This is Rangers

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He needs to earn it first though or at least have a backbone .

If he can't do either .He is in the wrong movie .This is Rangers

I get this is Rangers - hence, we should stick together when he is getting shit from everywhere.

7 hours ago, rangersmad86 said:

I know the jury is out, but after this shite I want him to succeed even more to spite these fuckers. How dare a new guy come in and discuss tactics, get me somebody in who can coach how to hammer throw. That's the way we like it in this country 

Spot on. It like dark age football with some of these guys. Scotland won't move forward as a footballing nation unless we actually accept that there are different ways and personalities involved with the modern game,and they don't all have to involve knocking the fuck out of everyone to show how manly and hard we are. Small nation mentality.

Its not even borderline xenophobia. Its full on

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

He just hasn't though mate . He is way too open and trying to be friends with the wrong people .

Nicolas has some points I do agree with

Talk the talk when you are winning .

At this moment ,he has done absolutely he haw but be manager under 2 of the biggest humiliations in our last 30 years .

That is a fact .MW may have been responsible but he was still our Manager

Cut him slack .Fair enough .I just wish he would shut to fuck up and stop telling everyone what he is going to do .

I really find it very very hard to believe he is not taking the piss with us at times

agreed