Kenny McLean

7 hours ago, rangersmad86 said:

I just can't get excited about this signing. If the boy comes in I wish him well but I can just see him being another Holt, middle of the road type player. 

Are you thinking of Ryan Jack? 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

We should've signed him from St Mirren for 200k another McCoist fuck up 

McCoist wanted him, he elected not to come here as he felt he'd become a better player at Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, RDFM said:

McCoist wanted him, he elected not to come here as he felt he'd become a better player at Aberdeen.

Surprised at that considering he's a bear and would've earned more here,maybe McCoist feared his accuracy in the bare arse training challenge 

4 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

We should've signed him from St Mirren for 200k another McCoist fuck up 

McLean is one of the reasons McCoist resigned. He asked the then people in charge for the money to sign McLean and they declined his request, so he seen it as the last straw. 

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

I'm practising my staunch smile in the mirror right now. I think I've got it.

maybe staunch-ish to be fair...

What does a staunch smile look like? 

21 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

McLean is one of the reasons McCoist resigned. He asked the then people in charge for the money to sign McLean and they declined his request, so he seen it as the last straw. 

I thought McCoist was told to go on leave by the board.  If he resigned we wouldn't have been required to keep paying him up until Christmas.  

So......

We've got:

McCoist not fancying McLean.

McCoist resigning as the last straw, because the board wouldn't back him in paying for McLean.

McLean knocking back a McCoist bid, because he thought a move to the sheep would be better for his development.

Which is it to be?

20 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

hes worth that mate imo

For seven figures this club could get someone who has performed in a league far superior to that of the SPFL.  This doesn't make McLean a poor player or a bad buy by default, I'm not suggesting that.  However, the club would need to trust the managers ability to spot potential rather than proven talent.  

5 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

We've got a lot to thank him for then. Get him signed. :mutley:

24 minutes ago, HG5 said:

So......

We've got:

McCoist not fancying McLean.

McCoist resigning as the last straw, because the board wouldn't back him in paying for McLean.

McLean knocking back a McCoist bid, because he thought a move to the sheep would be better for his development.

Which is it to be?

Option 1.

McCoist only signed two good players in his entire tenure as manager. 

50 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

For seven figures this club could get someone who has performed in a league far superior to that of the SPFL.  This doesn't make McLean a poor player or a bad buy by default, I'm not suggesting that.  However, the club would need to trust the managers ability to spot potential rather than proven talent.  

We done that this season.

51 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I'm not really sure that seven figures gets you all that much. 

Clubs are paying 7 figures for 15 and 16 year olds with nothing more than potential.