Kenny McLean

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, gsa said:

I'm not really sure that seven figures gets you all that much. 

Clubs are paying 7 figures for 15 and 16 year olds with nothing more than potential. 

Celtic got Dembele for about £600k.  It was compensation but there's no reason why we can't do something similar.  I doubt we'll have much money this summer and £1m for an Aberdeen player might represent a huge portion of our summer budget.  That doesn't concern you?

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Wallace and Aluko. 

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

I can't think of many beyond them, either. 

Probably Bocanegra, at a push.

I would argue Dorin Goian and the resigning of Kenny Miller (if that counts) as well. It's not exactly a big list, is it?

Mind you, the snake has probably signed less good players.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Celtic got Dembele for about £600k.  It was compensation but there's no reason why we can't do something similar.  I doubt we'll have much money this summer and £1m for an Aberdeen player might represent a huge portion of our summer budget.  That doesn't concern you?

People miss the fact they they gave him a giant sign on bonus, probably appearance bonuses and huge bonuses for goals and obviously immediate champions league football. And they probably sold him on the platform of a big money move down south within a season or two. Something we can't do right now as we are a shit selling club and our team is dross.

5 hours ago, Bronzy said:

I would argue Dorin Goian and the resigning of Kenny Miller (if that counts) as well. It's not exactly a big list, is it?

Mind you, the snake has probably signed less good players.

Fair points.?

I was thinking of Goian myself, but he seemed to lose his way a bit towards the end (for me, at least).

And where would we have been without Kenny this term?

13 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

McLean is one of the reasons McCoist resigned. He asked the then people in charge for the money to sign McLean and they declined his request, so he seen it as the last straw. 

Maybe McCoist should have offered the money himself from the quizillions he had milked from the club in salary and oenny shares. You know, being a Rangers man and all that! Oops , sorry Iforgot, he didn't know what his salary was or his enormous compensatiion if he wasn't made manager in the first place. ?