Can't believe they were allowed to keep their European cup

5 minutes ago, Bighouse said:

We would have been massive underdogs against Saachi's Milan but bigger upsets have happened.

Robbed of the opportunity to create history. I wonder if we'll see times like that again in our lifetime?

I'll never see it in mine mate and that angers me greatly still. Shafted big timeĀ 

18 minutes ago, Bighouse said:

We would have been massive underdogs against Saachi's Milan but bigger upsets have happened.

Robbed of the opportunity to create history. I wonder if we'll see times like that again in our lifetime?

I never thought I would ever see Rangers in another Euro final before Manchester.Ā 

So you never know mate.Ā 

1 hour ago, Bighouse said:

Not if we're playing in this league.Ā 

I will see the good times back mate. I plan to live forever...............and so far so good!Ā 

Why not? That's why we all love the game. They also said Manchester was impossible but we made it. The dream. If we are in it, we play to win it.Ā 

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

Walter said in Graham Hunter's podcast recently that the away game in Marseille cost us rather than the bribery.Ā 

Blew it, barring a screamer from Durrant. The home game, Marseille tore us apart and we were lucky to get a draw out of it. What a great side we had, can't believe we are never likely to see that quality again.

2 hours ago, writingranger said:

I know this is all true but I've never felt aggrieved because although we drew twice with Marseille, we were outplayed.

Disagree from what I've seen we were rotten until 75 minutes at ibrox and then we were unlucky not win it. Ā If that game had went on another 5-10 minutes we would have scored again.

i thought we were the better team in France. Ā 

Marseille were a great team and deserved to go through. Ā If they had knocked us out on goal difference, I think we might have had aĀ complaint. Ā However they beat us on points in the group and in the one to one between us (albeit on away goals). Ā 

The only complaint I have is in the seedlings allocated to us by EUFA the following season. Ā We must be the only team in history to effectively get to the last four of the Champions League and drop down half a dozen places in the rankings. Ā Cost us big style when we we got knocked out in prelim roundsĀ by Levski the following season (still have nightmares aboutĀ that injury time goal we lost).

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

Did CSKA take any bribes? They got gubbed 6-0 by Marseille but they knocked out Barca in the qualifiers.

Half their team got struck down mysteriously by food poisoning if I remember correctly and they ended up getting an absolute hammering by the French mob which was odd at the time. There is no doubt the cunts were dodgy as fuck at that time and there should have been a full investigation.

us older bears were there both games, what a team they had...but the ability and never say die attitude we had was something else!!

mullered for 70 mins at Ibrox, Rudi Voeller unreal, but in end could have won it

Marseille, what an experience, IMO we were just as good as them on the night, so close but yet so far, can i remember the canopy over us at their ground, stuff getting thrown all over the place on us?