julescotia

Weiss Tweet

481 posts in this topic

He's just bought a season ticket for bf1 and is on a mission to takeover the megaphone, he, like the majority of us, is fed up of "ole ole ole ole" and  the likes and has been brushing up on his old school tunes that our younger generation have sadly missed out on 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

4 minutes ago, bluenose1975 said:

He's just bought a season ticket for bf1 and is on a mission to takeover the megaphone, he, like the majority of us, is fed up of "ole ole ole ole" and  the likes and has been brushing up on his old school tunes that our younger generation have sadly missed out on 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Weiss is 27... about 13 years too old to be in BF1 (drunk on a stolen bottle of mum's Echo Falls) 

3 people like this

5 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

he had his moments mate but he would do a lot of tricks and go nowhere, if youre going to do these tricks and skills etc then do something at the end of them. He was decent when he played for us but most of the time very frustrating to watch, im sure he;s got better but as i said a lot of people think he was amazing due to his skills but on a lot of occasions after doing these skillfull moves there was nothing at the end of them. id like him back as i said im sure he has improved.

To be fair even if he didn't always produce, he was a threat to the opposition that put them on the backfoot. Our over reliance on McKay for a bit of pace and trickery this season was painful and sooo one dimensional. Teams block McKay out the game and we are snookered. Bringing back Weiss would give them another player to worry about who may not always produce a final ball, but will more often than not demand a lot of attention to free up space elsewhere on the pitch.

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

It's in the record now as I said it would be 

Bear in mind we have Dude's in here working for the enemy, easiest job in journalism is using material that you can copy and paste and pass off as your own with an apostrophe here and semi-colon there.  The rhecord must have clocked us proddys where too busy working to buy there shite and decided to saddle up wae the buroo dwellers from the east. Short sighted imo as they tramps now use a library card to read it online. Quicker it shuts the better.

This is why we should re-sign him, he moved to Qatar on the back of this form for good money! Way better than what we have.

46 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

It's in the record now as I said it would be 

Is it @The Dude who's claiming credit for it 

:whistle:

5 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

This is why we should re-sign him, he moved to Qatar on the back of this form for good money! Way better than what we have.

I liked Weiss when he was here first time around but wasn't one clamouring for his return.

But because the season has shown our current squad to be so poor I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat .... unless Pedro has someone better in mind.

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, murzo said:

... because twitter is gay as fuck

The wee mongs lap it up though...

10 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I liked Weiss when he was here first time around but wasn't one clamouring for his return.

But because the season has shown our current squad to be so poor I'd welcome him back in a heartbeat .... unless Pedro has someone better in mind.

Initially I was the same but agree with what you're saying, this season has been dreadful!

He's an internationalist who's got champions league experience and worked with Pedro.........if the money is right it's a no brainer.

59 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

NUUUUUUTTSSSS!

A goal for Eurovision?

Vladimir Weiss TWELVE POINTS!

PSG NIL POINTS!

1 person likes this

7 hours ago, gazza27 said:

The wee mongs lap it up though...

I hope he does sign then wee mongs like you will be raging 

15 hours ago, thegambler said:

The team he's playing for at the moment speaks volumes. 

Oscar plays for some unheard of Chinese team.......would you knock him back for the same reason?     These shitty teams pay big money,its all about the money.

13 hours ago, saltire266 said:

I have his boots which are signed in a display case from that game. When he signs I will donate them to @Govanblue to auction them for whichever charity he chooses

@govanblue

donate them now, why wait?

So I've managed to find out Rangers have made an approach to enquire about the availability of him but it's literally at the first stage and hasnt developed at all yet.

Weiss has a release clause of around £2.3m and they won't let him go for any less than that (it's in $ so dependent on exchange rate). Guy I spoke to says Weiss would jump at an opportunity to go back and work with Caixinha at Rangers but doesn't think we have the money to make this happen. 

Weiss's tweet is pretty premature , I presume Caixinha called him to tell him we are interested in him after the official approach was made and he's gone and done that

3 people like this

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

So I've managed to find out Rangers have made an approach to enquire about the availability of him but it's literally at the first stage and hasnt developed at all yet.

Weiss has a release clause of around £2.3m and they won't let him go for any less than that (it's in $ so dependent on exchange rate). Guy I spoke to says Weiss would jump at an opportunity to go back and work with Caixinha at Rangers but doesn't think we have the money to make this happen. 

Weiss's tweet is pretty premature , I presume Caixinha called him to tell him we are interested in him after the official approach was made and he's gone and done that

Worrying indeed if we can't afford £1.7m for a player like Weiss when we spunked £1.8 (albeit not all upfront) for Garner or 500k for MOH.

7 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Worrying indeed if we can't afford £1.7m for a player like Weiss when we spunked £1.8 (albeit not all upfront) for Garner or 500k for MOH.

Sorry for not being clear, it's around £2.3m at today's rate - release clause is $3m. In this part of the world the local currency is pegged to the US dollar so most football clubs stick to $. 

We are being told that most of the season ticket money is going to the transfer budget, So in that case there should be no problem offering 2.3m hes worth it.

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Sorry for not being clear, it's around £2.3m at today's rate - release clause is $3m. In this part of the world the local currency is pegged to the US dollar so most football clubs stick to $. 

Whoops, thought you meant $2.3m so worked it back to £1.7m.....oh well even less chance of that then :justno:

Garner and MOH worth the same as Weiss :no:

Honestly have no idea how much we have to spend but £2.3 mil for Weiss is reasonable and maybe there`s some way we could spend it in installments, don`t want us spunking that much money on a winger though if its like most our budget but would love to see this happen.

4 minutes ago, Darrenmt7 said:

We are being told that most of the season ticket money is going to the transfer budget, So in that case there should be no problem offering 2.3m hes worth it.

King is careful with his words, he says “All of our season ticket money will be invested in the football squad"

now to some that means £10m on transfer fees but we still have to run the club and that is the main income source for us, so remember we have to pay wages as part of the football squad.

Not sure what the numbers are like but if we are at around 7m a year in wages then that means 3m on fees plus anything we can get for selling players.

Al Gharafa the club he plays for has an average attendance of about 3,000 between 2010 and 2014, that's why he bangs on about Rangers on twitter because he wants good wages in Qatar but also wants to be treated like a hero by us, nothing to do with how much he loves the Club. Some of our support are just gullible

He'd be be a decent signing but I don't want any ex players back to be honest

8 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

THIS is our problem and this is when our multi millionaire board should be stepping up and providing the funds to prove that they are serious in getting us back to the top. King's recent statement again confirmed that ST money will only be used. If they can't come up with a miserly 2 mil between them, it tells me everything and worrying times, when we should be on the crest of a wave, fully enthused with the challenge to come, but no, they are looking for a miracle on the cheap and it aint going to happen. Hopefully I'm wrong and they dig deep.

1 person likes this