Sign in to follow this  
Hoodster

ABOD Parade - Airdrie - 20th May - 12 noon

plumbGER    6,881
6 minutes ago, Hoodster said:

For info to those who like taking in parades -  Quite possibly the biggest loyalist parade of the year is being held tomorrow in Airdrie.  Parade starts at 12 noon.

Over 50 bands plus ABOD members - approx 4000 on parade.

Probably get the usual Bears den comments but i was thinking of heading over to this.

Bastard of a time though cos my boy doesn't finish football until 11.30 and thats in Johnstone.

Hoodster    134
4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Probably get the usual Bears den comments but i was thinking of heading over to this.

Bastard of a time though cos my boy doesn't finish football until 11.30 and thats in Johnstone.

No doubt, but useful info to those that like it eh.

My favourite parade of the year to take in - always a smart parade.  You will be tight for time - if the M8 isn't too bad you should just make it.

wishawbear87    52
1 hour ago, Hoodster said:

For info to those who like taking in parades -  Quite possibly the biggest loyalist parade of the year is being held tomorrow in Airdrie.  Parade starts at 12 noon.

Spot on mate this years parade is bigger than the big walk,jst weather forecast is wrong n it dusnt pish of rain think were 38th band out  park so will need to find  boozer for a few beers :crabflute:

Hoodster    134
2 minutes ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

The OO Boyne celebrations in Glasgow is my favourite parade.

Used to be mine mate - still like it of course, but the ABOD just edges it for me now.

1690tamRFC    1,103

Definitely heading over for this. Hope the weather is better than predicted but should be a great day regardless 

plumbGER    6,881
4 minutes ago, Hoodster said:

No doubt, but useful info to those that like it eh.

My favourite parade of the year to take in - always a smart parade.  You will be tight for time - if the M8 isn't too bad you should just make it.

Need to see if I have kids to take home to Greenock first.

Hope you have a cracking day mate.

KingKirk    4,893
25 minutes ago, Hoodster said:

where Is this leaving from mate

deco19761    998

The glaagow parade.departa Holland st around half nine to the high St.  Buses to airdrie for those.in bands and ABOD and then back to your local area

harlands plater    8,070
36 minutes ago, Hoodster said:

Any details of the route?

Hoodster    134
4 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Any details of the route?

Route:

Rawyards Park, Motherwell Street, Black Street, Aitken Street, Chapel Street, East High Street, High Street, Aitchison Street, Alexander Street, Stirling Street, Bank Street, Hallcraig Street, Baillies Lane, Graham Street, Clark Street, Motherwell Street, Rawyards Park

cr3_bear    4,743
1 hour ago, weshallnotbemoved! said:

The OO Boyne celebrations in Glasgow is my favourite parade.

Police and council have been chipping away at it for years 

Johnnyren    483

Shall be walking with the govan and renfrew mitchelburne club,  and the sandy road flute band ,   Looking forward to it. 

Good parade round Airdrie, good Loyalists out in force, we done the Queens Jubilee Parade there few years back, busy and lots of pubs welcome you, will be heading down, am only ten minutes away, hope weather doesn't pish down though, you get bogging before you even leave the park,have good day anybody that's over.:dance:

Grange    11

Looking forward to this,  first big parade of the year I'll be there we're just about last out, the seasons just starting 🇬🇧

Miller time    4,981
7 hours ago, plumbGER said:

Can pick me n the wee man up. Ten mins away ;)

harlands plater    8,070
4 hours ago, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

Good parade round Airdrie, good Loyalists out in force, we done the Queens Jubilee Parade there few years back, busy and lots of pubs welcome you, will be heading down, am only ten minutes away, hope weather doesn't pish down though, you get bogging before you even leave the park,have good day anybody that's over.:dance:

And stay clear of the tarrier slophouse in Anderson Street.

mchammer    127

Heading over with a few friends to support the parade.