Sin Bin for divers?

BBC have an article about it: How should cheats be punished. Allardyce would like a sin bin, sounds good to me. It would be a big embarrassment for a player to be sent to the sin bin for being a cheat, and would probably cut down on pathetic diving.

Of course, other forms of punishment will be considered. How would you like to see cheats treated? Have to play the rest of the game wearing their granny's wig? A copy of every player's granny's wig could be set up near the sub's bench as a constant reminder to players as to what will happen if they take a dive in the box.

Or they'd have to wear a clown's beak for the remainder of the game. 

What would you like to see? Serious answers only please.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sin bin for how long? Ten mins is mentioned often ( as a sin bin length ), so a team is a goal down with two minutes to go, people will still dive and take the risk. Carry any minutes remaining over until the next game he is picked for, so if he had done three in the match, he is off for the first seven of the next, would that work? I don't think players care about embarrassment any more, judging by what I see on a weekly basis.

40 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

BBC have an article about it: How should cheats be punished. Allardyce would like a sin bin, sounds good to me. It would be a big embarrassment for a player to be sent to the sin bin for being a cheat, and would probably cut down on pathetic diving.

Of course, other forms of punishment will be considered. How would you like to see cheats treated? Have to play the rest of the game wearing their granny's wig? A copy of every player's granny's wig could be set up near the sub's bench as a constant reminder to players as to what will happen if they take a dive in the box.

Or they'd have to wear a clown's beak for the remainder of the game. 

What would you like to see? Serious answers only please.

It's part of the game.

Also a replay can make it look like you've dived. I was a winger and used to be very fast. A slight touch can knock you and send you flying. But sometimes it would look like a dive when it wasn't. 

Also your manager tells you if you feel a touch in the box then go down. 

5 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

It's part of the game.

Also a replay can make it look like you've dived. I was a winger and used to be very fast. A slight touch can knock you and send you flying. But sometimes it would look like a dive when it wasn't. 

Also your manager tells you if you feel a touch in the box then go down. 

Running at pace and you feel a player ready to come across you and you anticipate it. He doesn't go through with the tackle and you go down like a fanny.

it's not always a dive. It's hard to explain but I think you'll know what I mean.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Running at pace and you feel a player ready to come across you and you anticipate it. He doesn't go through with the tackle and you go down like a fanny.

it's not always a dive. It's hard to explain but I think you'll know what I mean.

Of course. If you see them coming you're worried if your feet are planted then if you don't jump then your leg will be broken 

38 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It's just human instinct too try avoid injury 

41 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

It's just human instinct too try avoid injury 

That's true, but there are some who obviously dive - that Ross co player against the snorters for example. That's just awful behavior. If they knew they would have to wear their granny's wig for the rest of the game would they keep cheating?

1 minute ago, The Tavernator said:

That's true, but there are some who obviously dive - that Ross co player against the snorters for example. That's just awful behavior. If they knew they would have to wear their granny's wig for the rest of the game would they keep cheating?

Wanty fuck up please?

5 minutes ago, The Tavernator said:

Yeah I agree and would be good do something , I'm just against bringing in all the video stuff 

Just now, King Jela said:

Sin bin :lol: why are they actually trying to make football worse? 

It's a lot worse than since I played and that's only 14 years.

Full of poofs that's never done a slide tackle on red ash, had the 'magic' sponge rub the grit into the wound or a mouldy ball skelping the inside of your thigh in the freezing cold 

15 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Sin bin :lol: why are they actually trying to make football worse? 

Sin bin is probably daft, but cheats can ruin the game. We'd all be screaming for justice if we lost a crucial game coz some wee fanny took a dive, had our player sent off and scored the penalty.