This season is it really that bad considering?

GILLIES

I just wanted to put a post up to see if all this negativity coming through on ssb is the opinion of all the fans or are there others like me lol.

First of all it is bad to finish so far behind Celtic ,they've steam rolled this league this season and I wasn't expecting them to be as dominant as they have been but apart from Them  I remember at the end of last season a lot of rangers fans had said top 6 in our first season would be a good foundation to build on after being out of the premiership for 4 years obviously that went out the window the minute the season started.

We struggled to "gel" but we where coming good and then kranjcar got injured for the season and Barton who we all knew was gamble ,fucked it for himself. But if you look at it from a Warburton point of view that was his starting central pair to build the team around and straight away there out and we are left to fill the starting 11 with what I'd say is the squad players like the crooks, halliday ,holt, windass so that obviously fucked his plans up and we've been scrambling ever since.

Then the bread man bails mid season and we aent what 6 games without a full time manager. Then we finally get one with 10 games to go and in those 10 games he needs to figure out the players and try and do the spectacular on top of that his the team captain is injured and out for the rest of the season.People keep saying if he was a good manager he should be able to make the players hes got play better but let's not forget Brendon Rodgers had a whole pre season to get a team Together caixinha had a week to try and put a team out with squad filler players and the youth team (due to injuries)in my opinion these games mean nothing to Pedro I thinks he's trying to find the players he can work with next season because we can't buy a full team  so he's trying different things to test them and despite all of that we still finished 3rd  (and apart from pride the difference between 2nd and 3rd is minimal) and are in Europe. 

There is people saying get him out the door don't give him the money but fact is he was brought in ,in a small part because he knows players from around the world to try and find gems from the americas and europe and stop us signing league 1 players or retiring EPL player,I think he needs time and patience he's not been left with much but with kranjcar ,rossiter and Wallace back with foderingham in goals I'm buzzing to see who he does bring in and how next season will go.

Anybody agree or am I on my own here :(

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get that but I mean in terms where we are now journalist and even rangers fans think we are years away from competing with Celtic when I think it could happen next season as long as we get the right players in

It's been utterly embarrassing. 

They dirty filthy bheggars think they're world beaters now. We're a laughing stock to Aberdeen now too.

We are fucking Rangers. There better be a major investment in players and they need to prove they're proud to wear our badge. 

Fucking disgraceful that this team has no heart or ambition. This isn't the Rangers I'm used to and I'm not happy to settle. We will be great again but I hope soon and we can ram it right into those fenian fucks 

If it was 3rd place with a shoestring team of hopeful youngsters, which looked like they might kick on next season with a few seasoned additions, then no it wouldn't have been too bad. But we've got a team full of donkeys, with the only real success stories being an aging Miller and Hill, and Wes is looking promising to potentially be a great keeper. The entirety of the rest of the team has either stagnated or regressed. 

There has also been carnage with the way the clubs been run. It's clear we're facing big, long term problems with no obvious solutions. 

This season has been an utter shambles on and off the pitch. 

My fear for this season was that we might struggle mid table.  We are in Europe first season up.  The two 5-1 games and the hearts dundee inverness games were our worst results. We beat Aberdeen twice and everyone else in the league except scum. Considering all the team injuries and departures of Barton and MW, This season could have been a lot worse.  After the first 5-1 game, many were predicting 4th or 5th for us.

3rd actually flatters us as I think Hearts may have had that, if they had kept Nielson. Yes a really frustrating season to forget, but not a bad position considering all that.

24 minutes ago, GILLIES said:

I get that but I mean in terms where we are now journalist and even rangers fans think we are years away from competing with Celtic when I think it could happen next season as long as we get the right players in

Hmmmmmm.

This season has been a total write-off. Whats more frustrating is the results that should have went our way. Games that we should be winning. Ross County home and away, Motherwell home, the sheep at home. We werent going to romp the league but there has been no fight, no organisation and we should be much closer than we are.

43 minutes ago, GILLIES said:

I just wanted to put a post up to see if all this negativity coming through on ssb is the opinion of all the fans or are there others like me lol.

First of all it is bad to finish so far behind Celtic ,they've steam rolled this league this season and I wasn't expecting them to be as dominant as they have been but apart from Them  I remember at the end of last season a lot of rangers fans had said top 6 in our first season would be a good foundation to build on after being out of the premiership for 4 years obviously that went out the window the minute the season started.

We struggled to "gel" but we where coming good and then kranjcar got injured for the season and Barton who we all knew was gamble ,fucked it for himself. But if you look at it from a Warburton point of view that was his starting central pair to build the team around and straight away there out and we are left to fill the starting 11 with what I'd say is the squad players like the crooks, halliday ,holt, windass so that obviously fucked his plans up and we've been scrambling ever since.

Then the bread man bails mid season and we aent what 6 games without a full time manager. Then we finally get one with 10 games to go and in those 10 games he needs to figure out the players and try and do the spectacular on top of that his the team captain is injured and out for the rest of the season.People keep saying if he was a good manager he should be able to make the players hes got play better but let's not forget Brendon Rodgers had a whole pre season to get a team Together caixinha had a week to try and put a team out with squad filler players and the youth team (due to injuries)in my opinion these games mean nothing to Pedro I thinks he's trying to find the players he can work with next season because we can't buy a full team  so he's trying different things to test them and despite all of that we still finished 3rd  (and apart from pride the difference between 2nd and 3rd is minimal) and are in Europe. 

There is people saying get him out the door don't give him the money but fact is he was brought in ,in a small part because he knows players from around the world to try and find gems from the americas and europe and stop us signing league 1 players or retiring EPL player,I think he needs time and patience he's not been left with much but with kranjcar ,rossiter and Wallace back with foderingham in goals I'm buzzing to see who he does bring in and how next season will go.

Anybody agree or am I on my own here :(

9 years and 27 posts 

Screenshot_20170519-214938.png

52ee27dcaee86e1407a7fda155bf1c2e_shifty-eyed-gifs-find-share-on-giphy-shifty-eyes-meme_500-375.gif

I get where the OP is coming from but it isn't as black and white as that.. there has been some really embarrassing performances against shite opposition as well. I have to say I do like Pedro and have a feeling he knows what he's doing and i think he will get in a much better calibre of player than MW was able too. 

Next season WILL be a lot better and I am confident with the type of player Pedro will sign.