This season is it really that bad considering?

GILLIES

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sat at Ibrox at the end of That game and felt sick - those pricks had sang for 90 mins and our team capitulated in front of them. 

So no, this season is an unmitigated disaster, it's unbelievable to think it's not the most embarrassing, as failing to beat accountants and dog walkers having to start early to finish at 3:30 so they can prepare to play against us: truly mortifying.

We need more than season ticket money that's for sure, but at least it's a start...the fans renewing is the only positive story in this debacle...

33 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

If it was 3rd place with a shoestring team of hopeful youngsters, which looked like they might kick on next season with a few seasoned additions, then no it wouldn't have been too bad. But we've got a team full of donkeys, with the only real success stories being an aging Miller and Hill, and Wes is looking promising to potentially be a great keeper. The entirety of the rest of the team has either stagnated or regressed. 

There has also been carnage with the way the clubs been run. It's clear we're facing big, long term problems with no obvious solutions. 

This season has been an utter shambles on and off the pitch. 

Giving the donkeys on blackpool beach a bad name there. Fuck they couldn't do any worse than our donkeys.  I.think our players have been playing with one of those balls for blind people in training and thunk they still use it on the park .a fucking disgrace to that jersey . A total utter shambolic fucking riot of a team we assembled. 

Depends if you're a glass half full or half empty.....some shocking results,far to many draws in games we should have sewn up,played most of the season with no teeth up front and a defence that was always suspect,nevermind the absence of a midfield.

On the 'plus' side,was our first season back up,finished 3rd(yes,not Rangers standard) but we've been there before,qualified for Europe.We've a new Manager and hopefully some good signings on the way,35K+ STs sold and WATP....STILL:grouphug:

1 minute ago, gersandy said:

Has the OP attended any games this season?

Its been dreadful.

I do think Pedro will come good though.

Again I've said our team is just squad filler and there fuckin frustrating to watch I'm just saying that despite us being dire for the whole season we are still in Europe and I genuinely don't think its as big a rebuild as we think foderingham is solid in goals Wallace for lb if we get alves cb probably need another cb tag will need to do for another season and hopefully with better quality in the team he and McKay LW step up ,kranjcar cm coming back could do with another cm (jack/dorrans) so a decent rm\w is a must and caixinha has already said he wants garner and again hopefully with better service and structure he could start putting some away

Just now, GILLIES said:

Again I've said our team is just squad filler and there fuckin frustrating to watch I'm just saying that despite us being dire for the whole season we are still in Europe and I genuinely don't think its as big a rebuild as we think foderingham is solid in goals Wallace for lb if we get alves cb probably need another cb tag will need to do for another season and hopefully with better quality in the team he and McKay LW step up ,kranjcar cm coming back could do with another cm (jack/dorrans) so a decent rm\w is a must and caixinha has already said he wants garner and again hopefully with better service and structure he could start putting some away

Another one . You still in your teens mate ??

If we'd have finished second given the circumstances and had significantly better performances on the park then I think that might have been more acceptable. 

My only saving grace that I take from this season is even if we'd have been much better than we were, let's say 20 points better, we'd still be way off the tarriers anyway purely with how they've performed this season. 

So it boils down to us now having the opportunity to get rid of the dross assembled by Warburton and starting afresh. Never forget Bears with sound recruitemnt those fuckers can be caught, quite easily. Bar two or three signings it's their same shitey team they were having meltdowns about with Ronny in charge, only a year ago.

It's been a disaster. Only back in December we were 8 ahead of the sheep and now it's 9 behind. 1000 times worse than 05-06, at least then we always knew Murray could get money from somewhere be it the bank or whatever for squad improvement.  I see no light on that front

45 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

Every Scottish team should feel humiliated. Lesser European teams embarrassed Celtic more than any Scottish team could. Congratulations to those teams who did well this year. Rangers failed. Next season is another story.

I agree with everything, except the bold it. Fuck them! Why congratulate teams that hate us and proved they would stab us in the back the first chance they get? 

No matter which way you look at the season, it has been a fucking diabolical.

Sub standard players (90%) with the football I Q of half wits.

We are miles from being a half decent team, never mind a good one.

Christ knows how long we are going to have to endure this because this board are unable to solve our problems on the pitch.  We need investment,

or be able to attract investment, but that is beyond this board.  Income will come from the fans again.

Our only hope is that Pedro can unearth a few possible "gems".

Yes its bad, no excuses for not finishing 2nd and at least half the points tally behind them as we are now.

Thank fuck the season is coming to an end because that roaster Warburton fucked it big time.

You said Warburton was building a team round nico who was in retirement and Barton who was in championship and that we lost both just as we were coming good,when the fuck was this because I must have missed it. Take the tarriers out of the equation and even then our results and performances have been an embarrassment. If we were to start from scratch there is not one of our current players I would happily sign and the whole Rossiter signing baffles me,how many times have we heard that he is only a week away from playing and then fuck all. The taigs were humiliated in Europe but are going to be built up by our media as the worlds greatest for winning this Mickey Mouse league,god must be a transvestite.

The OP has put up a good argument, he is correct in many respects.

But nobody will ever erase the memory of the (to quote HM The Queen) Annus Horribilis of a season.

To get humped by Celtic by a record score, to allow them to win League by record amount and for us fans to sit through 9/10ths of the games in misery was unforgivable for the current group of players.

Call it blind optimism, but I have a good feeling about next season. Think with Pedro's own signings and hopefully some dead wood shipped out we'll start to see what half resembles a football team. 

I know he's not showing a lot in the short time he's been here; apart from standing up for our club and taking no prisoners with regards to the rhags. If he can get players in that understand the way he works then we'll stand a chance 

12 hours ago, Orange Persson said:

My fear for this season was that we might struggle mid table.  We are in Europe first season up.  The two 5-1 games and the hearts dundee inverness games were our worst results. We beat Aberdeen twice and everyone else in the league except scum. Considering all the team injuries and departures of Barton and MW, This season could have been a lot worse.  After the first 5-1 game, many were predicting 4th or 5th for us.

3rd actually flatters us as I think Hearts may have had that, if they had kept Nielson. Yes a really frustrating season to forget, but not a bad position considering all that.

:lol:

Thats plenty of internet for you.