Pedro doesn't care.

Guest Lloyd72

Guest Lloyd72

gers boss Pedro Caixinha dismisses Nicholas and Co and says he doesn’t care if no one likes him

The Portuguese insists he is focused only on restoring Rangers.

Pedro Caixinha last night insisted he doesn’t care if no one likes him.

The Portuguese is adamant he’s focused solely on restoring Rangers and is dismissive of outside noise. 

Caixinha was involved in a spat with Aberdeen boss Derek McInnes this week. 

Hibs manager Neil Lennon waded into the row and former Celtic striker Charlie Nicholasalso slammed the Portuguese for being too mouthy in his initial weeks in the job. 

Caixinha, however, insists he couldn’t give a toss.

He asked “who?” when Nicholas comments were put him to him.

Other detractors blasting him also don’t matter as he hit back: “I don’t care.

“As long as I have the support of this club and the support of the people who brought me to this club, I am fine with it.

“I came here to do my job, that’s all.

“I will do things and say things that are in my head. I will give my opinion and not what is good for you to hear from me.

“I take my statements and I take responsibility all the time.

“I have my own mind and I won’t act differently if I am being criticised.

“I am the face of this club at this moment. As all the managers who passed before me well. They weren’t defending the club as well?

“That is what I am doing. I know that the attacks are coming from everywhere but I don’t care about it."

Caixinha reckons his critics are only scared at the prospect of Rangers regaining power and added: “Outside these walls, people know this club is getting ready for action again.

“It’s being rebuilt and that’s maybe what is costing for some people.

“This work is not about being welcomed, it’s about work and I will keep working.

“It’s not the first time I have been in a new environment, I just focus on my work.

“I do my work, represent and defend my club all the time. That’s all I do.

“It’s different working here. It’s just a different culture, a different country.”

Caixinha would not confirm fences had been mended with McInnes.

The Rangers boss admitted they had sat down a glass of wine after the Dons’ 2-1 midweek win at Ibrox.

Cryptically, he said: “Sometimes you have a glass and don’t talk.

“After that, everything was clear. When the window is open it is clear. Managers are my best friend.”

Caixinha, meanwhile, has stated that he will name an outs-and-ins list at the beginning of next week

The Portuguese will tell players who have no future at Ibrox their fate after the game at McDiarmid Park and has vowed to have signing targets nailed down for supporters to see next week.

Cagliari’s Bruno Alves and Aberdeen’s Ryan Jack are on the target-list and Caixinha said: “You will have two pages, whether it is one name or 10.

“I will be glad to give the two pages as soon as possible. Maybe it will be one, then the other, but you will have two pages.”

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to Scotland.

When he says nothing the papers make it up anyway.

When he says something even if it's recorded the papers mis-quote and exaggerate it.

It's a no win situation every time until the papers change their policies which won't happen any time soon. Rangers are big news and the papers will print anything to get folk to buy them or click their online links.

I think he's realising it.

Seemed like he'd cleared things up with McInnes over a glass of wine, from what I just heard him say on SSN.

Bit coy about it perhaps, but these guys are all going through the same kind of thing, albeit at slightly different levels.

Meejah just stirring it again, from what I can see.

Fuck Nicholas, the guy is an embarrassment gets his gig on sky purely for his time fleeting time at Arsenal, he can barely string a coherent sentence together. The footage of him and Lambert having a little chuckle on sky the other day was cringeworthy. On that note how's your teeth Paul after big Jorg dented your tarrier face in with his kneecap? God bless the hammer ??

Guest Lloyd72
8 minutes ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Love how he sticks up for us and talks the same way we do, couldn't tell you last time we had that.

Still a few on here desperate to criticise him for it though

Sutton has waded in too I gather.  When I logged on to the internet earlier and typed in Rangers FC there was a press headline saying that Sutton thinks Rangers are doomed under Pedro.   

They are taking turns to have a go with a verbal baseball bat.   Pity some former Rangers players are cheerleading them and chipping in with their carping comments about the appointment of Pedro.    Pedro's press conf earlier felt a bit like him sharpening his verbal sword and jabbing back a bit at some of the press questions and lines being taken.    I think he seems like a guy who will stand up for himself and for the Club. 

Pity no-one at Director level, and an MD who makes an art form of avoiding any notion of leading from the front, and an absentee Chairman feel the need to come to the defence of the Club and the Manager against increasingly hostile media attacks.    Spineless the lot of them.   By failing to intervene to call the media and their journos and commentators firmly enough to account they simply provide encouragement for the likes of Nicholas, Sutton, English, McInnes and so on to keep on going without any fear of being countered by anyone other than Pedro himself.   

Guest Lloyd72
13 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Sutton has waded in too I gather.  When I logged on to the internet earlier and typed in Rangers FC there was a press headline saying that Sutton thinks Rangers are doomed under Pedro.   

They are taking turns to have a go with a verbal baseball bat.   Pity some former Rangers players are cheerleading them and chipping in with their carping comments about the appointment of Pedro.    Pedro's press conf earlier felt a bit like him sharpening his verbal sword and jabbing back a bit at some of the press questions and lines being taken.    I think he seems like a guy who will stand up for himself and for the Club. 

Pity no-one at Director level, and an MD who makes an art form of avoiding any notion of leading from the front, and an absentee Chairman feel the need to come to the defence of the Club and the Manager against increasingly hostile media attacks.    Spineless the lot of them.   By failing to intervene to call the media and their journos and commentators firmly enough to account they simply provide encouragement for the likes of Nicholas, Sutton, English, McInnes and so on to keep on going without any fear of being countered by anyone other than Pedro himself.   

I saw a tweet from a Mexican football journalist earlier this week, he said that Pedro is like Mickey Mouse compared to how he was in press conferences over there. I hope we can see some more of the explosive aggression that he showed in Mexico 

34 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

I actually think he has the mettle to deal with this himself, id prefer the board dealt with funding and the non footballing side of our business so that he can fight back on the pitch to shut them up. I get the feeling this guy won't open doors for his detractors  - he doesn't strike me as an appeaser.

Guest Lloyd72
9 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Who is this Charlie cunt?

A nobody that knows nothing about football who has made a career off having the piss taken out of him by Jeff Stelling. Very similar to Paul Merson.

Hoping he is starting to get what WE are all about, and he is starting to realise the twats that are in the mhedia here and what a big percentage of them are all about, a want this to go right for us, no matter what happens these cunts are going to stick the boot in all the time, no respite from them,only agenda, attack Rangers, if Pedro is willing to stand up and say Fuck Yous, am more than happy at that, hopefully we do get funds sorted and get few players in and see the tide turning just to wipe the smug looks of there taig ridden faces, a have got anger in me at these cunts, but since I joined this forum it has manifested into even more built up anger, hahah, six years off the drink doesn't help,you keep defending us Pedro, get down Airdrie today for Apprentice Boys and the press would implode, No Surrender!