Pedro doesn't care.

Guest Lloyd72

1 hour ago, Reformation Bear said:

Sutton has waded in too I gather.  When I logged on to the internet earlier and typed in Rangers FC there was a press headline saying that Sutton thinks Rangers are doomed under Pedro.   

They are taking turns to have a go with a verbal baseball bat.   Pity some former Rangers players are cheerleading them and chipping in with their carping comments about the appointment of Pedro.    Pedro's press conf earlier felt a bit like him sharpening his verbal sword and jabbing back a bit at some of the press questions and lines being taken.    I think he seems like a guy who will stand up for himself and for the Club. 

Pity no-one at Director level, and an MD who makes an art form of avoiding any notion of leading from the front, and an absentee Chairman feel the need to come to the defence of the Club and the Manager against increasingly hostile media attacks.    Spineless the lot of them.   By failing to intervene to call the media and their journos and commentators firmly enough to account they simply provide encouragement for the likes of Nicholas, Sutton, English, McInnes and so on to keep on going without any fear of being countered by anyone other than Pedro himself.   

Exactly this . 

Yes , it's a crying shame that it's left to someone who has just joined the club to stick up for us as opposed to those board members , and others , that have been here a while . 

Some may question his managerial ability , but one thing is for sure - he's putting himself in the firing line while others cower . Just wish the board had the same balls he has . 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time will tell if this is just a soundbite , but those who have been demanding that someone should be sticking up for the club , I hope will give him a bit of leeway. 

I have no idea how his managerial ability will end up , particularly once he gets the type of player he wants , but what is in no doubt is he's not afraid of saying what he's feeling . I wish we could be saying the same for others , particularly those who are more concerned of how they come across . 

11 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

It's time the club came out and said if the witch hunt doesn't stop, there will be no more interviews or press conferences.

Especially with bt sports and the TV media.

If the RFFF was used to bridge the subsequent financial penalty we'd be hit with I've no doubt we'd double the balance in nae time. (Shifty eyes apart about who's controlling it)

10 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

It's time the club came out and said if the witch hunt doesn't stop, there will be no more interviews or press conferences.

Especially with bt sports and the TV media.

What do you think that it's left to a guy that's just walked in the door to defend our club , while those in the boardroom say nothing ?

Shocking . 

The only way we will know if Pedro C is the real deal is ithrough him being given sufficient time and investment to produce his own team.

i have to say I am beginning to get a bit fed up with the recent sound bites- I cannot help thinking that we have been here before with similar media activity from the likes of Warburton and Barton. Lots of fighting talk but when it came to the crunch- the results did not match the chat. Yet all lapped up initially until the honeymoon was over.

I am hugely aware of the difficulties/ challenges facing Pedro C, both within and without Ibrox, but I cannot help thinking that this is quickly becoming the Pedro C show, i.e. What entity is dominating- Rangers or Pedro. Pedro C seems to be operating from the Mourinho hand book of media/ social relations- and sellling himself as another Mourinho. Which would possibly be fine if he had the same footballing CV, but in my view the only things they have in common are that they are employed in Football management and are Portuguese.

i cannot help thinking we are being sold a pup. I genuinely hope I am wrong. I read comments about him "standing up for the Club" and cannot help thinking I heard (and indeed expressed myself) similar comments in the early days of Charles Green- when that personality was dominating the media- and it was all proved to be just another smoke screen.

We need a Rangers Manager- not a Personality. We need Results not Media Chatter.

The mhedia are the ones doing the attacking and he's basically saying, I don't give a fuck who you are, now fuck of!

Now he either hits back like he did, or hits back with some smarmy wet blanket apologetic statement or indeed remains silent. I'm for hitting back hard like he did as it showed he won't be sullied or silenced.

We used to have the wet MW way, which most loved in the beginning, but by the end of it, we were putting two fingers down the throat and it was pass the sick bag time.

If we were sold a pup, that's down to the board and not Pedro. He didn't pick himself. He may turn out the biggest clown on the planet, but as we know, he will not be playing on a level playing field. He has the toughest job in foorball just now, to try and overhall our our rivals with limited funding. He will be no miracle worker, but for me he does have the right attitude, so again I say, get behind him and give him a fighting chance in what is a rigged game.

I think we are now looking at a very controversial season ahead, with all our haters doing their utmost to destroy any chance of a resurgence both on and off the park. They do appear to be serving notice with their needless attacks, so for me they are showing fear and there is positivity in that.

He's showing signs of that Souness arrogance when he first arrived, which I loved, but just a pity he doesn't have the same level of funding to back it all up, but maybe this board will provide us with a pleasent surprise for a change in providing some much needed readies.

He has  arrived in this backwater of a goldfish bowl with one arm tied behind his back, so I say we do our utmost in backing him, giving him a fighting chance, because the contrary is what our haters are trying to bring about. So like Pedro, let's give them all two fingers and get it right up their hating rectums!

I cannot remember any new manager being given such a rough time so soon after arriving,but when you think of how totally Tim controlled our media is then it is not a surprise. The standard of journalism in this shithole of a country is a disgrace and the amount of ex players from the paedodrome covering games is staggering especially when most of them are illiterate and not very good at what they do. Meanwhile we get butcher,dj and wee Barry,life is indeed not fair. Only time will tell if Pedro is a success but surely he deserves to be given the cunt of a hand he's been dealt.

3 hours ago, Beaujolais said:

The only way we will know if Pedro C is the real deal is ithrough him being given sufficient time and investment to produce his own team.

i have to say I am beginning to get a bit fed up with the recent sound bites- I cannot help thinking that we have been here before with similar media activity from the likes of Warburton and Barton. Lots of fighting talk but when it came to the crunch- the results did not match the chat. Yet all lapped up initially until the honeymoon was over.

I am hugely aware of the difficulties/ challenges facing Pedro C, both within and without Ibrox, but I cannot help thinking that this is quickly becoming the Pedro C show, i.e. What entity is dominating- Rangers or Pedro. Pedro C seems to be operating from the Mourinho hand book of media/ social relations- and sellling himself as another Mourinho. Which would possibly be fine if he had the same footballing CV, but in my view the only things they have in common are that they are employed in Football management and are Portuguese.

i cannot help thinking we are being sold a pup. I genuinely hope I am wrong. I read comments about him "standing up for the Club" and cannot help thinking I heard (and indeed expressed myself) similar comments in the early days of Charles Green- when that personality was dominating the media- and it was all proved to be just another smoke screen.

We need a Rangers Manager- not a Personality. We need Results not Media Chatter.

Perfectly put. 

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

The mhedia are the ones doing the attacking and he's basically saying, I don't give a fuck who you are, now fuck of!

Now he either hits back like he did, or hits back with some smarmy wet blanket apologetic statement or indeed remains silent. I'm for hitting back hard like he did as it showed he won't be sullied or silenced.

We used to have the wet MW way, which most loved in the beginning, but by the end of it, we were putting two fingers down the throat and it was pass the sick bag time.

If we were sold a pup, that's down to the board and not Pedro. He didn't pick himself. He may turn out the biggest clown on the planet, but as we know, he will not be playing on a level playing field. He has the toughest job in foorball just now, to try and overhall our our rivals with limited funding. He will be no miracle worker, but for me he does have the right attitude, so again I say, get behind him and give him a fighting chance in what is a rigged game.

I think we are now looking at a very controversial season ahead, with all our haters doing their utmost to destroy any chance of a resurgence both on and off the park. They do appear to be serving notice with their needless attacks, so for me they are showing fear and there is positivity in that.

He's showing signs of that Souness arrogance when he first arrived, which I loved, but just a pity he doesn't have the same level of funding to back it all up, but maybe this board will provide us with a pleasent surprise for a change in providing some much needed readies.

He has  arrived in this backwater of a goldfish bowl with one arm tied behind his back, so I say we do our utmost in backing him, giving him a fighting chance, because the contrary is what our haters are trying to bring about. So like Pedro, let's give them all two fingers and get it right up their hating rectums!

Well said.   I agree.

If he's a no nonsense fighter - which he seems to be - and if he can produce a team with enough players of a similar fighting quality then maybe he can get a team to be in far stronger contention for a title next season.   A far tougher to beat team, more combative and with more goal-scoring ruthlessness is needed on the pitch as well as a similarly tough attitude towards hostile media.   There is no chance we'd see that from Board Directors or from a powder-puff MD but that's another story.  

Warburton was never, imo, anywhere near effective enough as a leader for Rangers.  Nowhere near it.   Not by a million miles. Never took personal responsibility and eventually retreated and exited faster at a speed none of his players could match on the pitch.   Pedro, to my mind, does appear to be very prepared to lead from the front, to say what he means, and to mean what he says.    Whether this translates into the creation of a much better team and far more effective title challenge next season remains to be seen.   I hope for the sake of the Club and the Support that he can achieve this.  

If he can motivate them to win enough games to be in contention for the title come Spring next year then you never know what might be possible.   Enough of a winning momentum combined with a team with demonstrating enough fighting quality would, I'm sure, be backed to the hilt and beyond by the Support.     That'd also most likely quell a lot of the media hostility, but whatever happens they have had Rangers in their sights for far too long and its become institutionalised.   It will take more than results on the pitch to deal more effectively with them.   That is not Pedro's job.   The problem is it does not seem to be anybody's job on the Board or at MD level.  They are silent and anonymous now and showing no signs of coming out fighting in a similar vein to Pedro.   

To get the sort of team we need to get a whole lot closer to the title we need effective leadership.   That sometimes comes in the form of strong personalities, perhaps more so when it is a recovery situation.  Souness is an example.   A person prepared to lead from the front and be seen to be doing so and not a coaching ground warrior who sees the perfect game when coaching but then watches it unravel when contact with the opposition arrives and is then unable to test and adjust quickly enough (like Warburton).   So far I think Pedro can lead and motivate.  Whether he can get the players that respond to that is another story.  We'll see over summer and during next season.  

9 hours ago, rangersmad86 said:

Fuck Nicholas, the guy is an embarrassment gets his gig on sky purely for his time fleeting time at Arsenal, he can barely string a coherent sentence together. The footage of him and Lambert having a little chuckle on sky the other day was cringeworthy. On that note how's your teeth Paul after big Jorg dented your tarrier face in with his kneecap? God bless the hammer ??

The funny thing about that was that I saw links to the Nicholas and Lambert thing posted on FB through a celtic page.  It's like they're actually proud of a pair of barely-literate morons spouting barely-coherent nonsense.  At least we have the decency to be embarrassed by trumpets like Butcher, but the filth seem to celebrate their dim-witted former players.

9 hours ago, Hutchy WATP said:

I'm sure Nicholas comeback will go something like this.......

:lol:fucking moron.... it's the schools I tell ye!.....you think when Sky were recruiting they thought...we need a token scot on the panel who played for an English team and is cheap as fuck to hire and ended up with that mumbling bumbling thick taig cunt .......:lol:.

Well he certainly sticks up for us and himself. If he gets a team in his own image then we will do well. I have no idea how good a manager he will be but I can never recall a manager being targeted, and targeted is what it is , as early as this without even being alllowed a transfer window to asses him. They go on about with the squad we have being lucky to finish 3rd yet they criticised him for their performances . I think they have a worry that we are heading back to the top and will do everything to derail us