McKay been told to find a new club?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Lloyd72

I'd be reluctant to sell him but we don't know what's going on behind the scenes. It's possible he has refused to sign a contract and we are cutting our losses on him.

49 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Would be a bad move imo. 

Still young and would benefit from being around better players. 

Yep, i'll go with this. I would run with him next season with real players around him, and giving him a go in a central area 

Would far rather see him stay than descend to obscurity in english lower leagues. Remember when he first started in lower league with us and showed much promise. Never given up on the lad even this season and hope Pedro sees something he can utilise

Have more faith in Barrie than Pedro atm but sadly.

Massive fan of Barries talent and have excused his weaknesses due to age and playing in a shit team but if you give me a choice between a 22 year old Barrie and a 27 year old Weiss then I'll take the latter gladly. Honestly think it's a dark day for Barrie because I struggle to think where he'll find a better stage and his type of player needs to play in a team who had lots of the ball and that ain't the English championship, but all the best Barrie and thanks for some great moments.

Surely telling him to find a new club will send any transfer value through the floor?

Would a better way not be to announce that 'we're open to offers'?

I know it's only a small difference, but it could be worth a bob or two to us.

12 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Yep, i'll go with this. I would run with him next season with real players around him, and giving him a go in a central area 

Aye, Miller and McKay up front next season.  What could possibly go wrong.

Not going to be too gutted if he does go, but I thought this season if he had better players than Waghorn or Holt or any of those in the squad that couldn't hit a barn door if they were locked inside the barn on the receiving end of his passes he'd have plenty more assists (easily double figures I'd say). This season he's consistently went missing though, not just in "big" games either. 

Either way, I do think we should be getting a couple million for him though, not this £750k or £1m that's being bandied about.

And there are so many players I'd cut from the squad before Barrie ffs :lol:

26 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Definitely wouldn't be getting rid of him, there's a player in there which isn't the case for 95% of the squad. 

There is a player in there and he has the best first touch in the team. Unfortunately he has not kicked on this season. The one thing I can't abide in a player is a lack of work ethic. I don't mean flying into tackles but tracking back being available for a pass from your colleagues and not hiding. I am afraid he does too much of that. It's purely down to attitude if he does not stay here.

Meh.

Fed up hearing he's talented. I've said it often enough myself but it counts for nothing when it doesn't show enough on the pitch.

He made his debut in the 2011-12 season and has 179 appearances including loans out. How much more time and games do you give someone hoping that it finally comes together?

It would probably serve him well going somewhere with no expectations for a couple of years.

1 minute ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Aye, Miller and McKay up front next season.  What could possibly go wrong.

I was thinking of Wes, Tav, Wallace, Rashid, Alves, Jack and Dorrans for example making up our spine. 

Mckay or no mckay we need 2 fit, fast strong holding midfield players backed up with two 'units' at centre halves and we take it from there. Not this 4 - 3 - 3 pish which leaks goals. Strong back 4 protected by these holding midfielders and let players like mckay loose 

Did you rate Patrick Roberts or Calum McGregor this time last year? Apologies of course for using the dhim example 

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

I was thinking of Wes, Tav, Wallace, Rashid, Alves, Jack and Dorrans for example making up our spine. 

Mckay or no mckay we need 2 fit, fast strong holding midfield players backed up with two 'units' at centre halves and we take it from there. Not this 4 - 3 - 3 pish which leaks goals. Strong back 4 protected by these holding midfielders and let players like mckay loose 

Did you rate Patrick Roberts or Calum McGregor this time last year? Apologies of course for using the dhim example 

Interesting to compare McKay with the scum players of a similar kind. Bit early to decide on McGregor but I don't think much of him so far. Roberts should enjoy himself while with the scum because he'll never make it at City - far too predictable. How many times does he cut inside onto his left foot when running at the defender? Almost as one sided as Waghorn. Gets away with it in the SPFL but will get chewed up and spat out by EPL defenders. I actually rate McKay as better than Forrest, a very limited footballer who should never be near a Scotland shirt (although playing for the scum almost guarantees a role in a Strachan side). However, McKay is not good enough for the Rangers I want to see and if he's playing hard ball on signing an extension, Pedro should definitely move him on for whatever he can get.