Pedro to build midfield around....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Pedro wants to build the team around players with pedigree and is happy Niko is there apparently.

All this says to me is Pedro is a fucking idiot and hasn't a notion how to spot a good young talent and instead will go down the route of signing has beens at the end of their career 

1 minute ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Pedro wants to build the team around players with pedigree and is happy Niko is there apparently.

He has pedigree that's not in question, but in reality he won't feature in over a third of our games next season, his whole career has been plagued with injuries and that won't change next season. 

I like the idea of giving Nico another season fully fit under a different system to see what he can offer us but building a team around him? fuck that.

If true, that is - it's just a shame football isn't played out in press conferences, interviews, Pedro's heed and his mouth because we'd be Champions League winners every season without fail.

7 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Should be shown the door in the summer.

An intelligent footballer with an eye for a pass, but he's slow, unfit and injury prone.

Injury prone? 

I swear just before his injury everyone was raving about him?! 

An ACL injury can happen at any age and this is the first one of his career so it's hardly a common occurrence for him. 

In fact since his career began in 2001 he's missed 26 games though injury up until doing his ACL with us. 

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/niko-kranjcar/verletzungen/spieler/16746 

Genuily don't think its a bad thing when he was starting to pick up at the start of the season he was the playmaker that picked the passes that got us in behind he doesn,`t need to be quick we just need somebody that knows what the fuck their doing in midfield. Plus he will have a full preseason this time round.

A terrific player at his peak, but just another bizarre signing for us The fact that almost every comment I read on here when he first signed for us had a part which stated: "if he can stay clear of injury" said it all for me. His body simply can't cope with the physical demands of our premier league now. Time for him to go back to semi-retirement in the States, and his high wages to be put to better use!  

11 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

All this says to me is Pedro is a fucking idiot and hasn't a notion how to spot a good young talent and instead will go down the route of signing has beens at the end of their career 

Harsh.

We don't know much about his recruitment yet.

Pedro didn't sign Nico, and he's a decent player. Not a bad thing to try and use him.

5 minutes ago, GILLIES said:

Genuily don't think its a bad thing when he was starting to pick up at the start of the season he was the playmaker that picked the passes that got us in behind he doesn,`t need to be quick we just need somebody that knows what the fuck their doing in midfield. Plus he will have a full preseason this time round.

I'd ban you 

5 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Injury prone? 

An ACL injury can happen at any age and this is the first one of his career so it's hardly a common occurrence for him. 

In fact since his career began in 2001 he's missed 26 games though injury up until doing his ACL with us. 

Pesky facts eh.

Reading this forum recently would make you think we crave a team of big physical hammer throwers who will give 100% effort and, even if they lack technical ability,  it will be OK.

Pace isn't everything.   A good player has the.ability to find space,  think quicker than their opponent and have the ability to make the pass, the crucial pass.. niko has said recently he has never worked so hard to get fit in his career, so from that point of view I am willing to give him a crack at it. 

We Have not had a creative midfielder since gazza in my opinion and it's something we have lacked for years and years. So if he comes in and works hard over per season them give him a run .

7 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Injury prone? 

That really isn't correct at all then. Even Harry Redknapp stated when we were signing him that keeping him fit would be our biggest problem and he's signed him twice.