Pedro to build midfield around....

Again thinking back to those pictures in South Carolina, where they had us thinking we were going to gub the league with this Warburton wheeling dealing; last minute meetings with Joleon Lescott etc..

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Or just maybe you will find that transfermarkt is not ' fact' and actually doesn't give anywhere near a correct view on his injuries!

I'm constantly debating on here when people want to sign a 'hard man' in midfield, was told Black and Barton would be great signings, when I said they would be shit. Wonder what your views on both of them were? Pesky facts indeed....

Thought the 2 of them were shit shows.

What's your point?

I didn't specifically say you, did i?

We can't have Niko as the player to build our team around, talented player yes, however he is too slow, is ageing and I would have thought we could lure a better player who is younger and doesn't have the risk of injury that Niko can have, an injury like that is likely to come back, even if he tweaks something slightly.

I would be worried if this was true, however it's that shite rag so I won't be getting worried just yet!

31 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

He's a good footballer but has the fitness level of a snail.

30 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

PS I tell this story all the time but he was on the same plane as me once, he looked so sad.

No surprising, if he's that unfit.

This story is not even a story. 

If Pedro has said this, then it is surely to give him confidence, or possibly to try and drum up some interest in him from down south. 

An other alternative is that the laziness issue is being knocked out of him and Pedro is thinking he's is looking in good shape. 

Nah but, Pedro is a wanker and Niko loves the pope. Let's just hate them both. 

22 hours ago, deco19761 said:

Pace isn't everything.   A good player has the.ability to find space,  think quicker than their opponent and have the ability to make the pass, the crucial pass.. niko has said recently he has never worked so hard to get fit in his career, so from that point of view I am willing to give him a crack at it. 

We Have not had a creative midfielder since gazza in my opinion and it's something we have lacked for years and years. So if he comes in and works hard over per season them give him a run .

Agreed deco.

Robert Prosinecki could, control the midfield area despite not being blessed with a turn of pace.

this "he doesnt need to run stuff" is a fallacy. He has to find space and player who cant run cant find space. I could mark him out a game at the moment. He is finished and we should punt him and move on. That Kranjcar will turn back the clock after being so unfit and then injured for ages is a pipedream.

In his whole career he has played 30 plus games a season only twice and last season we had 48 games with this season 50 plus. Honestly I think the record journalists get stupider by the day. Do they not even think before writing this pish.....

Pedro didn't even say this. He praised him as a guy he could discuss football with at a higher level and who had quality to control the tempo of a game because in a high tempo team you still need a player who can instill calm.

Look at Pirlo's Juventus. One of the hardest working teams, pressing and defending properly. Pirlo did the less dynamic part and used his awareness and passing ability to control the game 

Papers said it so it must be true. Same as dorrans and Naismith and any other player with Rangers links.   If anyone has seen the trolls on twitter reaction to the manager being surrounded by a few fans doing the bouncy while he poses for photos then it's obvious they're out to hound him out.