Alnwick

jbm26896

17 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I genuinely thought he was a top six premier league player with us.  How wrong was I. 

Could have probably moved to a decent premier league side when he left us but followed the money and ended up at Besiktas instead. I'm sure he's had a few injury problems as well which probably haven't helped his career path either.

Still waiting on him telling us all "the truth" given the amount of times he promised it on Twitter after leaving us.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lloyd72
4 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Wanted him to be given a chance for a long time now. Don't rate Foderingham at all and hope he moves on with his mates in the summer.

:lol::lol:How the fuck can anyone not rate him after this season ffs

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Mostly due to the amount of soft goals we've conceded due to his poor positioning. Hope this clears up my opinion x

So a couple of goals we have conceded because of him means that the 10/15 points he has saved us this season don't matter?

14 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I don't care where he ranks in our list of problems tbh the fact is he's still a problem that needs dealt with and for the record that argument is amongst the most retarded things I read on this forum.

Thankfully your argument is a minority view among bears.

Guest Lloyd72
1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

It's more than a couple :lol: probably cost us just as many points if not more tbh 

Show me when, because the only ones I can think of are the cup semi final vs them and maybe hearts away.

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

That's the only 2 examples you can think of where he's conceded soft goals?

Inverness away?

First one he could have done better sure, he also saved a penalty that game iirc.

5 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Show me when, because the only ones I can think of are the cup semi final vs them and maybe hearts away.

Another example, although we actually won the game, would be the Morton game at Ibrox where we went through despite his best efforts to fuck things up.

Firstly by conceding a fucking shin roller from 25 yards and then almost conceding another after charging out to take the ball from Hodson but changing his mind at the last second (a move we would see from him again at Hampden) and proceeding to run around the edge of the box like a headless chicken as the Morton player had a free shot at an open goal.

Let's be honest here, he's a good shot stopper but overall he's a bit of a bomb scare.

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

First one he could have done better sure, he also saved a penalty that game iirc.

Should have done better with the 2nd goal as well. His positioning practically invited Billy McKay to aim for that far post.

He did save a penalty though, as he's a decent shot stopper.

Guest Lloyd72
Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Another example, although we actually won the game, would be the Morton game at Ibrox where we went through despite his best efforts to fuck things up.

Firstly by conceding a fucking shin roller from 25 yards and then almost conceding another after charging out to take the ball from Hodson but changing his mind at the last second (a move we would see from him again at Hampden) and proceeding to run around the edge of the box like a headless chicken as the Morton player had a free shot at an open goal.

Let's be honest here, he's a good shot stopper but overall he's a bit of a bomb scare.

Very good shot stopper, stays on his line a bit too much (although since pedro arrived has started coming for more crosses), decent distribution and not the best decision making. imo He's definitely good enough to play in a title winning team and not someone I'd actively look to replace (unless he has a complete fuck up of a season)

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

Very good shot stopper, stays on his line a bit too much (although since pedro arrived has started coming for more crosses), decent distribution and not the best decision making. imo He's definitely good enough to play in a title winning team and not someone I'd actively look to replace (unless he has a complete fuck up of a season)

I disagree tbh, I don't think he's good enough to play in a title winning side. I actually think, unless we were complete runaway leaders at the top of the table, he could potentially concede enough of those soft goals to cost us the title.

He wouldn't be first on my list of players we need to replace but he'd definitely be on there.

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I disagree tbh, I don't think he's good enough to play in a title winning side. I actually think, unless we were complete runaway leaders at the top of the table, he could potentially concede enough of those soft goals to cost us the title.

He wouldn't be first on my list of players we need to replace but he'd definitely be on there.

We could obviously improve in all positions so all positions would be on that list, it's just GK position would be at the bottom of it.

50 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I have read some pretty baffling posts on here recently but this is arguably up there at the top!

There are at least 7-8 games this season where Wes has almost single handedly kept us in the game, that's without counting the games where if it wasn't for him we would have been onto a hiding (the 1-1 game at Parkhead and the 2-1 game at Ibrox) but as always with a GK, mistakes are remember much more than the saves.

I'm pretty sure he was runner up on our player of the season and the players player of the season!

His distribution could be improved, although I think he sticks to the drill too much sometime where can you see he wants to do something but is forced to follow pre-determined instructions.

GK is one position we don't need to worry about.

3 minutes ago, Del said:

I have read some pretty baffling posts on here recently but this is arguably up there at the top!

There are at least 7-8 games this season where Wes has almost single handedly kept us in the game, that's without counting the games where if it wasn't for him we would have been onto a hiding (the 1-1 game at Parkhead and the 2-1 game at Ibrox) but as always with a GK, mistakes are remember much more than the saves.

I'm pretty sure he was runner up on our player of the season and the players player of the season!

His distribution could be improved, although I think he sticks to the drill too much sometime where can you see he wants to do something but is forced to follow pre-determined instructions.

GK is one position we don't need to worry about.

Please don't embarrass yourself by telling me Wes has kept us in Old Firm games. He's been our keeper when they've hammered 5 goals past us on 2 separate occasions this season and of those 10 goals he could shoulder the blame for at least half of them :lol:

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Lol here we go Alnwicks amazing 

I never seen any of it today so couldn't comment, I'm away for the weekend and the wifi barely let's me post on here let alone get a link for the game.

I think most people are probably just hoping Alnwick is a better keeper because they recognise that Foderingham isn't the best. Being put in for the last game of the season makes it seem like it was a bit of a pity start from Pedro though as the guy was signed in January and hasn't been given a sniff of action.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I never seen any of it today so couldn't comment, I'm away for the weekend and the wifi barely let's me post on here let alone get a link for the game.

I think most people are probably just hoping Alnwick is a better keeper because they recognise that Foderingham isn't the best. Being put in for the last game of the season makes it seem like it was a bit of a pity start from Pedro though as the guy was signed in January and hasn't been given a sniff of action.

I m8

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

We've not had someone between the sticks that you felt totally confident in since McGregor fucked off and left us.  Speaking of McGregor where the fuck is he now? Since some seem to be welcoming other snakes with open arms back why not get the other snake back aswell. 

Out of all the dickheads who fucked off, McGregor ain't a snake to me. Apparently Sandy Jardine god bless him, said he was the only one welcome back at Ibrox, as McGregor phoned him & explained why he left, as he didn't trust green etc