Alnwick

jbm26896

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Please don't embarrass yourself by telling me Wes has kept us in Old Firm games. He's been our keeper when they've hammered 5 goals past us on 2 separate occasions this season and of those 10 goals he could shoulder the blame for at least half of them :lol:

Again a lot of rubbish from you.

Of the 13 goals (5-1 twice, 1-1 and 2-0) the only goal i would say he could have done better for was Griffiths to make it 2-0 at Ibrox in April, maybe at a push, McGregors goal at Hampden but even then the ball started wide of the post before curling into the net.

In recent weeks the saves he made against Hearts, Partick Thistle and Aberdeen away in particular, have been the difference between us winning the games and  losing them!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Del said:

Again a lot of rubbish from you.

Of the 13 goals (5-1 twice, 1-1 and 2-0) the only goal i would say he could have done better for was Griffiths to make it 2-0 at Ibrox in April, maybe at a push, McGregors goal at Hampden but even then the ball started wide of the post before curling into the net.

In recent weeks the saves he made against Hearts, Partick Thistle and Aberdeen away in particular, have been the difference between us winning the games and  losing them!!

Absolute nonsense. Could be blamed for 2-3 of the goals in the 5-1 game at Ibrox.

The penalty we conceded at Hampden was down to him charging out and then changing his mind leaving Tav to make that challenge.

There's more but I actually can't be bothered continuing the debate as you're clearly delusional if you think he's only been to blame for 2 of those 13 goals.

Let's agree to disagree.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Absolute nonsense. Could be blamed for 2-3 of the goals in the 5-1 game at Ibrox.

The penalty we conceded at Hampden was down to him charging out and then changing his mind leaving Tav to make that challenge.

There's more but I actually can't be bothered continuing the debate as you're clearly delusional if you think he's only been to blame for 2 of those 13 goals.

Let's agree to disagree.

Which goals? The penalty (no chance), Griffiths (yip), McGregor (no chance - through the defenders legs), Boyata (nope - point blank header), Lustig (nope - great finish) So aye 2-3 of the goals were his fault...

I don't know how you've worked out that he charged out and then changed his mind, hes back peddling from the minute Roberts passed the ball! 

You are right about one thing though, there's no point continuing the debate, because your just making up facts/events to suit your argument :lol: hes cost us more points than hes saved....comedy gold man!!

1 minute ago, Del said:

Which goals? The penalty (no chance), Griffiths (yip), McGregor (no chance - through the defenders legs), Boyata (nope - point blank header), Lustig (nope - great finish) So aye 2-3 of the goals were his fault...

I don't know how you've worked out that he charged out and then changed his mind, hes back peddling from the minute Roberts passed the ball! 

You are right about one thing though, there's no point continuing the debate, because your just making up facts/events to suit your argument :lol: hes cost us more points than hes saved....comedy gold man!!

Wow. Just wow :lol:

18 hours ago, DrLaudrup said:

Our keepers are OK and nothing more than that. Probably the weakest number one and two I can remember whilst watching Rangers. There were times with Goram/Klos etc that you felt that even if we had just sat down and let celtic shoot they would still save everything. Watching the looks of disbelief on their faces was almost as good as watching us score. You just don't have that assurance with our current keepers, not helped by bombscare defending. 

Worse than when we had cammy bell and Steve simonsen? 

On 21/05/2017 at 11:55 PM, Del said:

That one for a start. Point blank? Aye. 5 yards out? Yep. Keepers ball all day? Defo. 

Aye but hes class mate. We're all deluded if we mention his obvious faults.

I think hes a decent keeper but no more. For me a Rangers keeper has to win you games, Wes seems to get credit for keeping the score down half the time. 

Griffiths second at Ibrox for example. Thats a save he has to make, hes got to. Im not hunting through footage but hes had more than one or two clangers. He definitely doesn't command his box with enough authority.

10 minutes ago, WWTC said:

I think hes a decent keeper but no more. For me a Rangers keeper has to win you games, Wes seems to get credit for keeping the score down half the time. 

Griffiths second at Ibrox for example. Thats a save he has to make, hes got to. Im not hunting through footage but hes had more than one or two clangers. He definitely doesn't command his box with enough authority.

Doesn't command his area enough and as I've said plenty of times on here before his positioning is atrocious as well.

He's a good shot stopper, very good at times, but I think that's all he is.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Doesn't command his area enough and as I've said plenty of times on here before his positioning is atrocious as well.

Good thing is hes young enough for a keeper and could get better. 

Personally, if we're offered decent money for him id sell

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Know how you hate when people say "he's the least of our worries"?

Well i hate when people say about a goalkeeper "he's a good shot stopper"

He is a fucking goalkeeper, he is meant to be good at shot stopping:lol:

17 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Know how you hate when people say "he's the least of our worries"?

Well i hate when people say about a goalkeeper "he's a good shot stopper"

He is a fucking goalkeeper, he is meant to be good at shot stopping:lol:

Of course but the point is there's more to being a good goalkeeper than just being a good shot stopper. That's about the only attribute he has.

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Of course but the point is there's more to being a good goalkeeper than just being a good shot stopper. That's about the only attribute he has.

Of course, but i hear folk saying that all the time and it's one of those wee things that irritate me.

See tbh, i don't think he is particularly good at shot stopping, he has had a few cracking saves but a few long range efforts have beat him that probably shouldn't have.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Of course, but i hear folk saying that all the time and it's one of those wee things that irritate me.

See tbh, i don't think he is particularly good at shot stopping, he has had a few cracking saves but a few long range efforts have beat him that probably shouldn't have.

The one that sticks in my mind that irritates me was that goal Morton scored at Ibrox. Not a chance that should be getting past him.

He does make some very good saves from time to time but imo the soft goals he concedes definitely outweigh them.

The one that sticks in my mind that irritates me was that goal Morton scored at Ibrox. Not a chance that should be getting past him.

He does make some very good saves from time to time but imo the soft goals he concedes definitely outweigh them.

Trying to block the last few seasons out but something telling me Falkirk scored a goal at the near post from range that should never have beaten him?

He can improve and has a lot of good attributes, he does need to command his box a little better.

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Trying to block the last few seasons out but something telling me Falkirk scored a goal at the near post from range that should never have beaten him?

He can improve and has a lot of good attributes, he does need to command his box a little better.

Command the box more and improve on his positioning and he won't concede as many daft goals. A better defence will also help him a bit although I think that's been used as an excuse for him maybe a wee bit too often.

On 23/05/2017 at 11:20 AM, WWTC said:

Wes is playing with a much weaker defence in front if him than any other Rangers goalkeeper. I'd say he's won us lots of points this season

Since I was a boy we've always had tremendous keepers. Barring recently and ally maxwell. A no2 for us should be great. (I feel they should be used in cups so they feel that they're contributing.  

God is a fantastic shot stopper imo but needs a massive amount of work with decision making and speed.

One on one he is the best in the league imo. 

He pulls of some tremendous saves time and time again. We've had great defenders for our great keepers  fodhas not had that luxury. 

On 2017-5-21 at 5:58 PM, DrLaudrup said:

Our keepers are OK and nothing more than that. Probably the weakest number one and two I can remember whilst watching Rangers. There were times with Goram/Klos etc that you felt that even if we had just sat down and let celtic shoot they would still save everything. Watching the looks of disbelief on their faces was almost as good as watching us score. You just don't have that assurance with our current keepers, not helped by bombscare defending. 

We were spoiled though

It's nowhere near the same and we need to accept that. 

I'm sure klos was charbonniers (csnt spell it) bsck uo then he got injured. Niemi was a back up too. Our keepers since I've grew up have been exceptional.

Member man u took goram for a game or two due to injuries with their keepers and that was the latter years 

We really need to find a way to compete. 

39 minutes ago, Queens 11 said:

Wes is playing with a much weaker defence in front if him than any other Rangers goalkeeper. I'd say he's won us lots of points this season

Without doubt 

But he's correct with commanding his box. Some things have been like out a comedy sketch. Hearts away I think when there was no need but he ran along close to the corner flag and lost or nearly lost the ball. Think it was either killieor cakes too. 

He dedo has the potential but needs a decent coach to show him 

2 minutes ago, Queen's_highway said:

We were spoiled though

It's nowhere near the same and we need to accept that. 

I'm sure klos was charbonniers (csnt spell it) bsck uo then he got injured. Niemi was a back up too. Our keepers since I've grew up have been exceptional.

Member man u took goram for a game or two due to injuries with their keepers and that was the latter years 

We really need to find a way to compete. 

M8 been spoiled for ages, folks forget that during the Souness era we had the England No 1 between the posts, Chris Woods, now there was a keeper who had everything but who sadly was never quite the same after that shoulder injury, IIRC was capped around 50 times for England.