McLean, jack and other transfers

stevemac

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, stevemac said:

Apologies if this thread has been done to death, but I never really see these two play. However, I don't need to see them play to know they will do a better job in the middle for us than the shower of shite we have. What's people's opinions of these two? I've been told McLean is the best player in Scotland that isn't wearing hoops and jack is a solid improvement on us but some of you guys maybe see them play a lot more than me.

Also, thinking of a bin list for our squad, I come up with 

Waghorn, MOH, windass, crooks, Forrester, kiernan, halliday, hill, senderos, and the two loanees. Being optimistic, for the ones we could flog, I reckon if we worked hard on selling instead of giving them away for peanuts, like sellick do, we could reasonably expect 7 million for the lot of them, mainly to teams south of the border. (This would be a decent return considering what we paid too so not all bad)

What do you lot think and who do you think we could get in for that as replacements?

I thought of jack, McLean, Bruno, maybe at a push Weiss if he is willing to take a big pay cut, that's what I have so far. 

Actually, on reflection OP, after you had typed that first word you should just have posted at that point. 

Would be surprised if Crooks went before the start of next season unless we got a good offer for him.  Falls into the same category as Rossiter imo, the manager has had little if any opportunity to make his own assessment of him and therefore would be silly to discard him for peanuts.

12 hours ago, stevemac said:

Waghorn, MOH, windass, crooks, Forrester, kiernan, halliday, hill, senderos, and the two loanees. Being optimistic, for the ones we could flog, I reckon if we worked hard on selling instead of giving them away for peanuts, like sellick do, we could reasonably expect 7 million for the lot of them, mainly to teams south of the border. 

Waghorn: 500-750K

MOH: 350K

Windass: 400-600K

Crooks: 250K

Forrester: 250K

Kiernan: 200K

Halliday: 200K

Hill: 0

Senderos: 0

Loanees: 0

Total: between £2.05 million to £2.5 million

8 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Minus pay they'll want for moving somewhere if they earn less. minus loyalty bonuses.

Total : between £zero to £heehaw.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I don't really care what we get as long as we get something, instead of the usual pish with us and we just off load them for fuck all or we actually pay to get shot. 

It used to feel we were the only club in the world that paid transfer fees for players leaving.

19 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Waghorn maybe as someone down south might take a punt on him

MOH - considering it would probably be to another SPL team I could see that being nil just so he could get a signing on fee with him off the wage bill. Could maybe even see him back at his old team

Windass - he has not really shined in the 20 plus games so very doubtful

Last 3 maybe

22 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Even that's way off IMO. If we get a million quid between all them I think we'd be doing well. Given the season they've had I cant see anyone wanting to pay a penny for them.

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

Even that's way off IMO. If we get a million quid between all them I think we'd be doing well. Given the season they've had I cant see anyone wanting to pay a penny for them.

Aye I'm probably being too generous. The only thing going for us is that they're still young enough and most of them have played in England. I think 1 million for Waghorn and Windass, then shitepence for the rest of them. I can see a lot of "undisclosed fees" being banded about this summer.