McLean, jack and other transfers

stevemac

I would bite yer hand off for 2 million for the lot of them - other than McKay who I feel is worth at least 2 million on his own.

We do have a tendency to underplay the value of our own players.

I know it's a long time ago but I seem to remember selling one of Scottish footballs greatest ever players - Davie Cooper to Motherwell - for 50k.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, stevemac said:

Windass and crooks would make it in league one no bother. 3 mil for the combined two,

Waghorn and kiernan the same, maybe 2.5 for those two.

Halliday, Forrester and MOH 1.5mil (500k each is realistic imo)

We seem to downplay the player values a lot, when you just have to look at some of the deals other teams have had for players of lesser quality. 

Windass & Crooks have done nothing to suggest they'd command that sort of transfer fee.

I like your optimism but I can't see us getting more than 2m for the lot. If we can even shift them, that is.

15 hours ago, stevemac said:

Apologies if this thread has been done to death, but I never really see these two play. However, I don't need to see them play to know they will do a better job in the middle for us than the shower of shite we have. What's people's opinions of these two? I've been told McLean is the best player in Scotland that isn't wearing hoops and jack is a solid improvement on us but some of you guys maybe see them play a lot more than me.

Also, thinking of a bin list for our squad, I come up with 

Waghorn, MOH, windass, crooks, Forrester, kiernan, halliday, hill, senderos, and the two loanees. Being optimistic, for the ones we could flog, I reckon if we worked hard on selling instead of giving them away for peanuts, like sellick do, we could reasonably expect 7 million for the lot of them, mainly to teams south of the border. (This would be a decent return considering what we paid too so not all bad)

What do you lot think and who do you think we could get in for that as replacements?

I thought of jack, McLean, Bruno, maybe at a push Weiss if he is willing to take a big pay cut, that's what I have so far. 

How in the hell do you even remotely come to the conclusion we could get £7m for a shower of shite that most would happily see leave for nothing so long as they fucked off immediately?

Seriously, from your list, only Waghorn has done anything of note in a Rangers shirt and still under contract and even that was mainly in the 2nd tier of this cesspit country

4 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

How in the hell do you even remotely come to the conclusion we could get £7m for a shower of shite that most would happily see leave for nothing so long as they fucked off immediately?

Seriously, from your list, only Waghorn has done anything of note in a Rangers shirt and still under contract and even that was mainly in the 2nd tier of this cesspit country

You been on the wacky backy mate?      

17 hours ago, stevemac said:

Windass and crooks would make it in league one no bother. 3 mil for the combined two,

Waghorn and kiernan the same, maybe 2.5 for those two.

Halliday, Forrester and MOH 1.5mil (500k each is realistic imo)

We seem to downplay the player values a lot, when you just have to look at some of the deals other teams have had for players of lesser quality. 

Exactly. When teams come to us for players we should be pushing that we believe the player can still do a job here. If teams like Scunthorpe are serious about players like Waghorn we should be pushing them for £1m with an add-on or so. 

We really need to start benefitting from our "assets".

40 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

Crooks has played a our 4 games all pish and we are expected to put him up for sale at 1.5 million and expect a club to give us it? I admire the ops optimism but fuck me 

I think you've got more of a chance at raising seven million with that invitation than we do at raising seven million from player sales. 

OP You understand that Sellick get money for mediocrity because they are winning...no one wants to spend money on losers, which is what we have a team of...so if Keirnan played for them they would actually get money for him. 

Our players still confuse me though....Windass and Waggy played well in Perth...well done lads only took you the entire season.

9 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

OP You understand that Sellick get money for mediocrity because they are winning...no one wants to spend money on losers, which is what we have a team of...so if Keirnan played for them they would actually get money for him. 

Our players still confuse me though....Windass and Waggy played well in Perth...well done lads only took you the entire season.

It's easy to play when you have no pressure on you at all

Just now, psb07158 said:

It's easy to play when you have no pressure on you at all

but if they have the talent....it's just then about mentality and bigger players around them - proper leaders could help them on? 

#strawclutching

7 minutes ago, Spiderpig said:

but if they have the talent....it's just then about mentality and bigger players around them - proper leaders could help them on? 

#strawclutching

Doubt it - even if we fill the team with winners in the bigger games i.e. against the scum, away games against aberdeen etc we need every player to win their individual battles. Every player still has an individual responsibility and I don't think these guys have the mentality to rise to it

5 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Waghorn: 500-750K

MOH: 350K

Windass: 400-600K

Crooks: 250K

Forrester: 250K

Kiernan: 200K

Halliday: 200K

Hill: 0

Senderos: 0

Loanees: 0

Total: between £2.05 million to £2.5 million

I think you have valued senderos a bit on the high side. And even ticketus wouldn't stump up the cash your quoting for the rest of the shite.

2 hours ago, BluenoseCanuck said:

I'd say more like this:

Waggy-500k

Keirnan-500k

MOH-250k

Forrester-250k

Halliday-250k

I'd actually keep Windass and I would to actually see Crooks stay a season and see what he has-more that the 5 seconds he got with MW

Who the fuck is paying half a million for Kiernan?

37 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Who the fuck is paying half a million for Kiernan?

I didn't say 100% guarantee but knowing the money that seems to be going around down south,  I'd bet a lower championship or upper league 1 team would pay close to that. 

On Mon May 22 2017 at 2:18 PM, BluenoseCanuck said:

I'd say more like this:

Waggy-500k

Keirnan-500k

MOH-250k

Forrester-250k

Halliday-250k

I'd actually keep Windass and I would to actually see Crooks stay a season and see what he has-more that the 5 seconds he got with MW

Could we not use them as an exchange? 

I heard roumors motherwell would give us moult for 300k and o halloren? 

Could we not try simelar with a few others? 

Realisticaly moult will ve on half of (if not less) MOH wage, so it would basically be a straigjt swap 

10 minutes ago, Andy.little said:

Realisticaly moult will ve on half of (if not less) MOH wage, so it would basically be a straigjt swap 

Ja you are probably right mein fuhrer

2 hours ago, Andy.little said:

And MOH would move to M/well on shit wages comparatively, and we would end up subsidising him going there and giving them money ?

Who started these rumours ? Fuckin financial suicide.

On 2017-5-22 at 2:59 PM, Spiderpig said:

#strawclutching

Proper leaders might help sort out issues like the defence and the midfield. Foderingham might benefit, for example, as someone like Bruno Alves would take any nonsense from him when Fod doesn't shout that he's claiming the ball only to moan at his defence for not knowing. But they can't make guys like Windass or Waghorn have the mentality needed to play for a team where success is an expectation. The best shrinks in the world can't change your core personality. 

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 0:46 PM, TopCat said:

I would bite yer hand off for 2 million for the lot of them - other than McKay who I feel is worth at least 2 million on his own.

We do have a tendency to underplay the value of our own players.

I know it's a long time ago but I seem to remember selling one of Scottish footballs greatest ever players - Davie Cooper to Motherwell - for 50k.

Huge error by Souness that was, he strolled it for a couple of seasons after that, Tugay was a player Advocaat  thought was done but played in the EPL for about 6 seasons after us.