Auchenhowie

As you all know Auchenhowie is based in a exspensive part of the city in milngavie where house prices are extremely high with the average 4 bedroom house roughly costing £400-£500k.  Would it be plausible to sell the 38 acre plot which we own for house development and build a new training complex in a cheaper part or outskirts of the town? (We are constantly being told how much work is required to be carried out at the training complex and that it will cost loads)  I'm not sure if the land is classed as green belt or not but this could possibly be a move which could work well for our finances

just an idea probably a logical reason why this has not been done but just throwing it out there

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite it being 16 years old now, Auchenhowie is a facility that even a lot of premier league clubs would dream of. It has everything that any football club could possibly need and more. It's important we have such a base when trying to attract players to the club, things like that can make or break a deal. 

Another thing I love about the training ground is our indoor area is a proper building and not one of these eyesore pop up domes that seem to be vogue now. I visit a lot of training grounds and see these dome style bouncy castle looking things like this one at Fulham and IMO ours looks far better. 

j0uz6g.jpg

20it552.jpg

9 minutes ago, BUILDMYGALLOWS1986 said:

As you all know Auchenhowie is based in a exspensive part of the city in milngavie where house prices are extremely high with the average 4 bedroom house roughly costing £400-£500k.  Would it be plausible to sell the 38 acre plot which we own for house development and build a new training complex in a cheaper part or outskirts of the town?  I'm not sure if the land is classed as green belt or not but this could possibly be a move which could work well for our finances

just an idea probably a logical reason why this has not been done but just throwing it out there

If memory serves me correctly, the original land sale caveated that it would never be given planning permission for domestic abodes, green belt as you say.

The thought of Rangers Football Club using Toryfuckinglen or Glasgow Green as a training venue would be the final nail in our coffin for most fans i would think. The club could suffer no more humiliations. We need our training centre. There's no 2 ways about it. We need it. There is no ifs or buts or excuses or reasons to ever give it up for a few bob to tide us over for a year or two. We are the premier football club in this country and it's fucking high time we started acting like it. We are the best of the best who build the best of the best and whom possess the best of the best. 

4 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Daft suggestion. We're a big club who need a decent training facility to attract better players.

I said build a new facility not have nothing! The price of land in milngavie to somewhere like easterhouse or govan is night and day so the potential for millions to be made is there

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

If memory serves me correctly, the original land sale caveated that it would never be given planning permission for domestic abodes, green belt as you say.

Cheers mate I thought green belt would be the issue, unfortunate as you could gain a new complex in a rougher area and still make a fortune.  Think of the amount of houses you could get on 34 acres in milngavie ?

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Yup. My memory seconds this.

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I recall similar but life moves on, things change & these things get overturned all over the place.

Is my memory playing tricks here, but I think I recall something about the quality of the land being inadequate to support housing?

Just now, Blue Avenger said:

This^^^

Pity though as we could have shared facilities with the bheasts at Lennoxtown. Building yon bridges :happy:

:sarcasm:

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I recall similar but life moves on, things change & these things get overturned all over the place.

Is my memory playing tricks here, but I think I recall something about the quality of the land being inadequate to support housing?

There goes the new stand.....?

Built what, 16 years ago, probably got planning years before that too... 

Would have been through a few revisions of the local plan covering that area, legislation has changed and there's a lot more pressure to build houses in the current political climate... But you'd guess that someone in the boardroom would have established any possibility to increase the land value of the club's assets

22 minutes ago, BUILDMYGALLOWS1986 said:

I said build a new facility not have nothing! The price of land in milngavie to somewhere like easterhouse or govan is night and day so the potential for millions to be made is there

So how much are you planning to sell for and rebuild? 

Where will the team train when the new facility is built?

why would you want your current squad to move to a facility which isn't as good as the one you've been in?

the priority for auchenhowie is to get naming rights for it with a separate sponsor for the training gear

1 minute ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

So how much are you planning to sell for and rebuild? 

Where will the team train when the new facility is built?

why would you want your current squad to move to a facility which isn't as good as the one you've been in?

the priority for auchenhowie is to get naming rights for it with a separate sponsor for the training gear

1. It's an idea figure out how many 4 bed houses you can construct on 34 acres factor in facilities and building costs then come to a happy medium with the builders.

2. New facility would be built 1st

3. Who said the new facility would not be as good?? It could be better....

4. You better get a move on and get the priority sorted son ?

1 hour ago, BUILDMYGALLOWS1986 said:

As you all know Auchenhowie is based in a exspensive part of the city in milngavie where house prices are extremely high with the average 4 bedroom house roughly costing £400-£500k.  Would it be plausible to sell the 38 acre plot which we own for house development and build a new training complex in a cheaper part or outskirts of the town? (We are constantly being told how much work is required to be carried out at the training complex and that it will cost loads)  I'm not sure if the land is classed as green belt or not but this could possibly be a move which could work well for our finances

If only the Council would buy it off us at an inflated rate, then sell us some expensive land somewhere else at a knock down price. Golden.