Scottish press genuflects for Lisbon Lions

Is there no escape?  Is it everywhere?  Are the media awash with memories of Lisbon '67 from all and sundry?  I remember reading that John Greig conceded that he wanted Celtic to win that night for Scottish football.  And that the Rangers directors were part of the welcoming party at Glasgow Airport when the Celtic party arrived back from the game.

As I've noted on this site several times , there are some advantages to living over 6, 000 miles away. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

As I've noted on this site several times , there are some advantages to living over 6, 000 miles away. 

What are those then? Because it's not about reading is it ffs 

You're one for the watching btw

46 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I applauded at ibrox mate. Some.joined in. Was very heartening to see 

I would go as far to say that we should play in a green and grey away kit this year to show solidarity with our bretheren from the other side of the city. 

Its the ultimate piece of bridge building 

6 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

Is there no escape?  Is it everywhere?  Are the media awash with memories of Lisbon '67 from all and sundry?  I remember reading that John Greig conceded that he wanted Celtic to win that night for Scottish football.  And that the Rangers directors were part of the welcoming party at Glasgow Airport when the Celtic party arrived back from the game.

FUCK RIGHT OFF!!!!!! I don't read those fucking rags but thanks to you I get this shit shoved in my face...CHEERS

So they beat FC Zurich, Nantes, Vojvodina and Dukla Prague to reach the final? 

We beat Rennes, Torino, Sporting Lisbon and Bayern Munich to reach ours. Bayern incidentally then had 6 players in the German team that won the Euro Chanpionships 5-6 weeks later then went on to win the World Cup 2 years after that. 

Admittedly the European Cup is bigger in stature but I know who's achievement was more difficult 

Viva Barca Bears