Scottish press genuflects for Lisbon Lions

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

The BBC sport website actually has "live" coverage of the game "as it happens" starting at 5.30 

:confused:

will they follow it up in September,,when Dynamo Kiev knocked them out in the first round in 67...I believe they are the only holders to be knocked out in the 1st round defending the cup

3 hours ago, bluedylan said:

will they follow it up in September,,when Dynamo Kiev knocked them out in the first round in 67...I believe they are the only holders to be knocked out in the 1st round defending the cup

Then they followed it up by shaming Scotland when losing to Racing Club.  Four of their players sent off but it was all the Argies fault according to that mob and the Scottish mhedia.  Even in those days, they knew how to spin a story.  

On 2017-5-24 at 9:14 AM, Sasa Papac's War Flashbac. said:

While it does get grating hearing them talk about it all the time, I think they're quite within their rights to celebrate the 50th anniversary of it. Anyone that thinks we wouldn't do the same is deluded. 

Agreed. I tend not to get bothered...before my time ....just. concentrate on Rangers achievements.

On 2017-5-24 at 1:22 PM, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

And another thing - "first british club?????" That vile organisation are as far from being british as they can be.

They won't fly a union flag on match days, they completely direspect both our military and our monarchy and they've fully supported terrorist groups that have waged war on Britain for decades. Christ, trying finding a poppy in early November near the Stade de Gadd, and good luck with that one! 

Yet, they proudly claim to be the first when it suits them? No chance!! 

I'm sure they have to fly the Union Flag?? Don't all grounds?

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I see they're letting smoke bombs and shit off in Dublin for it

This is why I'm 50/50 on getting Shamrock Rovers in the EL, on the one hand the flights to Dublin are cheap as fuck, on the other hand it's going to be a fucking bloodbath 

11 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

This is why I'm 50/50 on getting Shamrock Rovers in the EL, on the one hand the flights to Dublin are cheap as fuck, on the other hand it's going to be a fucking bloodbath 

It'll never be held in Tallaght if it happens.

11 hours ago, Dougie_B said:

I'm sure they have to fly the Union Flag?? Don't all grounds?

Not anymore. It used to be law and they had a tatty smelly thing at the very side of the main stand tucked away. 

Now? You've more chance of seeing them eye up a girl over 18