The list

Cam1872

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The daily record don't have a clue, were they not the ones who said Charlton were in for Hodson and 3 weeks later he's staying after getting ripped apart against 10 men hearts. Worst player on the park that day, but he's going to sell Tav first:lol:

I think the valuations are fair, although I'd have liked us to play hardball with Mckay and try and hold out for another million or so, and probably would have asked for 150k each for Forrester and Kiernan. 

I'd also have put Halliday and Holt up for sale, but I imagine the manager realises he won't get rid due to their ridiculous contracts. 

I think the manager likes Holt for some reason or another. But a bench of Miller, Dodoo and Holt is ok if were going to add quality into the first team. 

If its going to be Jack, Paterson and Moult you can forget it. 

1 hour ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

But...but...Windass has a £2m buyout! :lol: 

If and it's a big if, those valuations by us are accurate 150k for Windass seems pretty poor IMO. He's not set the world alight by any means but when you consider lesser teams in the Scottish Premiership and Championship are selling players for more than that with less years on their contract it would seem we're almost giving players away. I understand we're desperate to get rid but IMO a small part of why we are in a financial mess is our inability to get good value for any players we sell. We do it all the time.

Of course this could be a lot of shite though!

19 minutes ago, kris1984 said:

We would raise decent funds which could be spent on McLean, Walker, Moult, Patterson etc. All of which feel like upgrades. Hopefully we can actually get buyers

Aye we would be challenging aberdeen and hearts for second again if that's the players we are after. I would even consider them as hardly upgrades to our current lot!

7 minutes ago, VladimirWeiss69 said:

Aye we would be challenging aberdeen and hearts for second again if that's the players we are after. I would even consider them as hardly upgrades to our current lot!

Moult > Garner

Walker > McKay 

McLean > Any of our midfield 

Patterson > Tav

Just my opinion 

People forget the fee we get for a player is one thing but working out what value we need for their transfer is more complicated 

if someone has two years left to run at 5k a wee that's 521,000 potential wages were due then if we don't sell so For a lot of these guys taking a cut price fee means we reduce our liability in future and save more than the difference between the fee we ask for and the fee that market value might dictate 

Valuations are pretty accurate although the story is pish. I just hope that if we sign SPL players we give them a contract with incentives rather than just quadrupling their salary.  That way we can spend it on some real quality.  I don't play football manager so don't ask me for suggestions. 

6 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

People forget the fee we get for a player is one thing but working out what value we need for their transfer is more complicated 

if someone has two years left to run at 5k a wee that's 521,000 potential wages were due then if we don't sell so For a lot of these guys taking a cut price fee means we reduce our liability in future and save more than the difference between the fee we ask for and the fee that market value might dictate 

Erm ... that's er....... corr...ect 

:lol:

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Erm ... that's er....... corr...ect 

:lol:

Get tired of people over-valuing our players when they forget that future salary liabilities need to be deducted from value when considering what we want fee-wise 

will move back to the accountancy section 

57 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

That would be about right . No takers ,just pay the fee to get rid

We are maybe stuck with Tav if we are expecting 1.25

He won't be sold for that

If an English Championship / L1 club needs a Right Mid who will drive forward (and doesn't have to defend) they will probably take him. 

There's not a chance we've sent a letter round to English clubs, that is suicidal from a business sense, as clubs know they can come in lower than the figures offered because we'd be keen to sell. 

Their agents will have been told to approach clubs down south, and try to drum up interest. 

Ok with most of this. I feel again we are under pricing some of them

Think 150k is too cheap for windass and crooks. Easily do a job in league 1 where clubs would have paid a lot more than that to sign them both last year. Could get double their fees no problem. 

Garner would have hoped for 750k at least. 

Kiernan there was talk of 2 million to fulham in january, so surely we could have got some fee, even if it was 200k

Forrester is correct, i don't think we could get a fee. 

Waghorn i don't  hate as much as others, would have been content with him as a backup. however 400k is the right fee for him. 

Tav and mckay, fee's are right. Not adverse to keeping both. 

Would have added most of the squad to this list and put a price on them all. In my opinion this is what we should have done after promotion when their stock was high. I'd imagine we'd have made more money at that time. 

Might seem the amounts im talking about are minimal, but could mean up to another million quid in transfer fees. 

All that being said, i like the idea of moving players on and it allows for fresh investment in  the squad. 

26 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

If and it's a big if, those valuations by us are accurate 150k for Windass seems pretty poor IMO. He's not set the world alight by any means but when you consider lesser teams in the Scottish Premiership are selling players for more than that with less years on their contract it would seem we're almost giving players away. I understand we're desperate to get rid but IMO a small part of why we are in a financial mess is our inability to get good value for any players we sell. We do it all the time.

Of course this could be a lot of shite though!

:tu: 

36 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The daily record don't have a clue, were they not the ones who said Charlton were in for Hodson and 3 weeks later he's staying after getting ripped apart against 10 men hearts. Worst player on the park that day, but he's going to sell Tav first:lol:

I think the valuations are fair, although I'd have liked us to play hardball with Mckay and try and hold out for another million or so, and probably would have asked for 150k each for Forrester and Kiernan. 

I'd also have put Halliday and Holt up for sale, but I imagine the manager realises he won't get rid due to their ridiculous contracts. 

I think the manager likes Holt for some reason or another. But a bench of Miller, Dodoo and Holt is ok if were going to add quality into the first team. 

Agree re McKay however he's only a year left and so hot and cold it's unreal.

Would imagine it's 2m + % of next fee, only takes one good season in Championship and he could go for near 10m.

Again lets face it it's the DR and that's probably the list of players that are staying.

Also another thought and i may be in the minority here, but id rather pedro was able to bring in 2 or 3 quality players and keep a lot of this squad than move the bulk of this squad on and try and then have to penny pinch and scrimp together to buy lots of new players that then turn out to not be good enough. 

In an ideal world they'd go and he'd bring in 11 quality players, but i just don't see us as having the resource to do that. 

Players are only worth what the buying team are prepared to pay for them, the whole world now know we need a fire sale and clear out so do not need to jump in with high offers for anyone as we are likely not going to be difficult to deal with.This happens all the time at Rangers, our dealings in the transfer market for the last few decades has been absolutely atrocious. It's really little wonder financially we are a mess every single year. Even before 2011 under Martin Bain the transfers were a shambles. Paying off players every summer willy nilly, desperately trying to offload dud after dud. We never learn. 

With no Holt, Halliday or Hodson on that list, i call bullshit on that too. Everyone has a price. Everyone.  

41 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I think if we get 1.25 for tav replace him with paterson for free that's a steal. I'm not saying he's a world beater but neither is tav. Means we can spend 1.25 million on another player. 

Jack, i like think he is better than holt, halliday, toral and even hyndman who i thought was invisible in the big games. Also dont think we'll ever see rossiter but if we do, then i feel that jack and he will do the dirty work and allow kranjcar to focus on what he does best. I think this year we couldn't afford to carry kranjcar as he is a luxury, rossiter and jack would provide the protection and allow us to get the best out of him. 

Moult, not convinced yet, but can he really be worse than what we have?