Rangers Academy Coaching Changes

jackrfc95

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think I remember him doing some coaching at the West of Scotland Cricket ground with the reserves, and that might have been around 1996. I could be wrong though. Edit; it was in 97. 

5 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

He was involved with youth team and reserves for 9 years between 1997 and 2006

Ah right, thought he was there a lot less time. The stories I heard were from the end of his time.

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

Kevin thomson came very close to being successful in the local lad (3rd coach) position and runs his own academy so how can he be overlooked for these new positions ? I've seen many of Kevin's sessions he's an excellent coach very opinionated and very knowledgeable , so with all this info I've put 2 and 2 together and came to the conclusion Craig Mulholland sees perfect candidates like thommo as a threat and would rather employ guys who'd do what their told and won't be better at his job than him , how can ye almost make pedros coaching team run an academy and not get any of the new positions ??? Baffling 

Then why did he appoint Murty? Not sure how you came to the conclusion of Mulholland being worried they'll be better at his job than he is. He has very little direct involvement in the coaching of the players.

45 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

And yet John Brown had quite a youth side though; Barry Ferguson and Barry Nicholson etc were there when he was taking care of the youth, or have I got that wrong?

Bomber was just starting to get involved with coaching then. It was much later there were a number of allegations of bullying when he had a more significant role with the youngsters.

6 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

It's going back a while - but to me, we were on a great path with our youngsters before George Adams took over in 2003, he started to hire bullies like John Brown who would go up and sit in our youth players houses, having a cuppa with their parents telling them they're well looked after at Murray Park only to be found guilty of bullying many of them behind the parents back. 

An emphasis was on street players, players with flair and natural ability before Adams took over. We had the Dutch guy (who's name is escaping me, Bert or Dirk? He was on blue heaven) as head of academy and he had a good vision for the youngsters, the same setup as Ajax and clubs like that. But McLeish wanted Adams and Adams set out looking for the 13 year olds who were 6ft+ rather than focusing on raw talent. 

Bir harsh on adams tbf, we actually had our best spell of youngsters from his time at the club before bain fucked him over, think of all the youngsters mcleish used, not sure he hired brown as well, 

17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Bir harsh on adams tbf, we actually had our best spell of youngsters from his time at the club before bain fucked him over, think of all the youngsters mcleish used, not sure he hired brown as well, 

Adams was responsible for one of the dryest spells in our academy's history in terms of producing players for the first team. Nothing good came out of his dinosaur setup. 

40 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Adams was responsible for one of the dryest spells in our academy's history in terms of producing players for the first team. Nothing good came out of his dinosaur setup. 

You sure you're not mistaking him for someone else like sinclair, adams had 2 years between 03-05 as head of youth development at rangers, i knew a youth player at the club at the time and adams had a great rep