RangersScotty9    254

My honest opinion personally is that Walker even at £1 million was a steal and is worth more than that, that's my opinion, however I must state the fact that Rangers in the end did the right thing. If you know you're bound to get him for cheaper to nothing with his contract running out, what's the point paying out that money? It's a wise decision in my opinion and Rangers know they'll get him for less.

cushynumber    12,819
1 hour ago, RangersScotty9 said:

My honest opinion personally is that Walker even at £1 million was a steal and is worth more than that, that's my opinion, however I must state the fact that Rangers in the end did the right thing. If you know you're bound to get him for cheaper to nothing with his contract running out, what's the point paying out that money? It's a wise decision in my opinion and Rangers know they'll get him for less.

I don't think £1M is a steal,  but still think we done the right thing. Let's not get caught up in the sky deadline day madness.

BlueThunder    1,330
23 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

Are you a secret squirrel? 

RangersScotty9    254
12 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

My honest opinion is you're mental 

I could say the same thing about yourself mate, I mean you sat and called him shit and I sat thinking: "yeah, he clearly never watched him last season." In today's world of football he would be, irrespective of how you look at that.

THE_MIGHTY_BEARS    5,225
2 minutes ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I could say the same thing about yourself mate, I mean you sat and called him shit and I sat thinking: "yeah, he clearly never watched him last season." In today's world of football he would be, irrespective of how you look at that.

Is that you, Charlie Nicholas?

RangersScotty9    254
9 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Are you a secret squirrel? 

haha no, it's a photograph I captured in the Cairngorms, I'm a photographer.

He is no where near good enough for a genuine title run.

Glad we didn't pay for him I will be happy enough if we get him for free next season. We did need another winger, striker and probably a centre back too.

I'm  glad we finally have cover for Wallace though.

orange&blue92    289

Paying over the odds for someone you can get for free is lunacy. Sensible business from the club

Vanoli    2,130

For me, to add no quality down the left hand side is to throw away the season or at least half of it. If you consider that worth it to save a few hundred grand then i just can't agree with you. 

Aberdeen will walk to second. 

pcbear    3,520
5 hours ago, Lloyd72 said:

Anyone else heard rumours that we had a fee agreed then King pulled the plug?

Voices in your head, and the thumbs down is an equaliser for the one you gave me yesterday.

Haha 6 weeks ago we were going to push celtic, now 4 games in because we never signed Jamie Walker we've thrown away 2nd place and Aberdeen are much better than us. Most of the players haven't even settled yet and Jamie Walker is a player that has got better the less we've seen him. You forgot he would have been told if he wanted a move to us and go show his worth against us. And did he? Sensible move not paying the full asking price. Our last signing off Hearts best player worked out well.

pcbear    3,520
16 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Haha 6 weeks ago we were going to push celtic, now 4 games in because we never signed Jamie Walker we've thrown away 2nd place and Aberdeen are much better than us. Most of the players haven't even settled yet and Jamie Walker is a player that has got better the less we've seen him. You forgot he would have been told if he wanted a move to us and go show his worth against us. And did he? Sensible move not paying the full asking price. Our last signing off Hearts best player worked out well.

And the one before that and the one before that, imo Walker would have been a good addition but not at any price, Hearts have sort of shot themselves in the foot considering he will leave for £0 next summer and will have his Laudrup head on for the final season.

I'm surprised hearts didn't sell but they have just cut their nose off.

We will now either return in January and pick him up for a nominal fee, 150-250k or just sign him on more contract.

I hope we sign pre contract early and the offer buttons on last day of the window with a take it or leave it message attached.

STEPPS BOY    9,882

As soon as we got rid of Mckay we needed a replacement, not a midfielder or striker who can fill in out on wing an actual left winger.

Hearts stuck to their guns and so did we.

To not have another option as a back-up is    Completely unprofessional.

HG5    2,339
6 hours ago, A.T.G said:

He's already passed the medical 

Amazing!

Moody Blue Legend    14,895

Went to bed before the window closed thanks to all the itk guys.  When's the press conference and pics? 

WeirFleckNRothen    1,709

Shite.

Walker may not have been the answer to all of our problems, but he would have improved us.

To have missed out on him, apparently by a couple of hundred grand, and have no alternative is poor from the club.

Meanwhile, the fucking manager is in Portugal giving a fucking university lecture.

This squad will finish behind Aberdeen, again.

geneva_ger    2,047
11 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Went to bed before the window closed thanks to all the itk guys.  When's the press conference and pics? 

Mate, as the recent newly made moderator you must surely now have the power to ban some of these fuds, or at least start a "Humiliate the ITK folk" thread. :whistle:

onefootwillie    910

I would have liked to sign Walker but am glad we showed that we will not be paying over the odds in transfer fees. We can sign Walker in Jan on pre contract.

A.T.G    7,184
21 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Wish i had went to bed.

sassaaaa    2,126

Its not often this board do anything right but they were spot on not wasting cash here. The guy is nowhere near good enough for us just like most of Pedros signings but is worth a try if he's signed for nothing in January.

HG5    2,339
1 hour ago, ben51 said:

I'm not overly bothered by not getting Walker.

But I am overly bothered at our activity, or lack of, over the last two weeks of the window. 

I'd have liked a winger of higher quality and at least an attempt to get another striker in. 

Any injuries to our key players and our XI looks very weak.

Spot on.

VladimirWeiss    131
8 hours ago, RangersScotty9 said:

I agree we did the right thing not backing down on our own valuation, if thats what happened.  But he is only worth 500k tops IMO, even on last seasons performances.  I do however think he will be a good addition if we get him.  £1m would only cut it for me if one English club was buying him from another.