9 hours ago, Blackandra said:

We spent alot more than we thought we would at the start of the window. Just read back through old threads. The manager has been backed, whether it works is still to be seen. We need all the signings to start showing it now. 

We need the ones that were all ready there to start showing it. 

Dorrans, Candeias, Alves, Morales, Jack all doing fine. Cardoso will be fine. 

It's Wallace, Tav and Miller that have question marks against them. The two full backs need to find form. Wallace has been out of sorts far to long and Tav needs to show he can concentrate for the entire match consistently. 

40 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Replacing Dalcio and Holt (both of whom will be out of contract with us in the summer) with Walker and McLean without spending a penny? That's great business. 

Pre-contracts in Jan, please 👍

Agree completely. 

I don't rate Walker as highly as some others obviously do but when you lay it out like that it's a no-brainer and we've instantly improved our squad without, IMO, spending any more than we are now. I'd make them two a priority for January pre-contract-wise even as squad options.

51 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Replacing Dalcio and Holt (both of whom will be out of contract with us in the summer) with Walker and McLean without spending a penny? That's great business. 

Would be good if the share issue etc is all sorted by then and we can mebey aim a bit higher in quality than walker and get a real quality player in

2 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Holt signed a deal until 2020

12 minutes ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

Ah. Forgot about his extension. 

7 hours ago, markem said:

We need the ones that were all ready there to start showing it. 

Dorrans, Candeias, Alves, Morales, Jack all doing fine. Cardoso will be fine. 

It's Wallace, Tav and Miller that have question marks against them. The two full backs need to find form. Wallace has been out of sorts far to long and Tav needs to show he can concentrate for the entire match consistently. 

I think Wallace walking into the team these last seasons, and playing too many games, meant his development never developed. Guy had so much potential, which is why we went for him in the first place. With competition and some actual development, which is supposedly what Pedro C does best, we might still see Lee Wallace go on to become the international quality player he looked like becoming.

3 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

I think Wallace walking into the team these last seasons, and playing too many games, meant his development never developed. Guy had so much potential, which is why we went for him in the first place. With competition and some actual development, which is supposedly what Pedro C does best, we might still see Lee Wallace go on to become the international quality player he looked like becoming.

I hope you are right mate however at 30 I'm not sure how much scope is left for him to develop.  

1 hour ago, saintbob1969 said:

Dropping to play the lower leagues fucked any development of him. Playing prime years against mince doesn't help anyone and doing it for so long even though he wasn't great himself has harmed him. It's too late now.

4 hours ago, MasterD said:

Dropping to play the lower leagues fucked any development of him. Playing prime years against mince doesn't help anyone and doing it for so long even though he wasn't great himself has harmed him. It's too late now.

thats much better put than what i said, nailed it mate.

18 hours ago, GlasgowsBlue said:

20 hours ago, Creampuff said:

Dalcio is a loanee  is he not? Holt has a contract until 2020. 

Your post looked good, business like, and common sense, until the 2 main points are shown to be incorrect. 😇😇😇

1 hour ago, Thewhitesettler said:

Dalcio is a loanee  is he not? Holt has a contract until 2020. 

Your post looked good, business like, and common sense, until the 2 main points are shown to be incorrect. 😇😇😇

I don't see how Dalcio being a loan player makes the slightest difference. His contract with us still runs to the end of the season. 

Yeah I got my facts wrong with Holt's deal,  but the point still stands with someone like Kranjcar.

5 hours ago, Creampuff said:

I don't see how Dalcio being a loan player makes the slightest difference. His contract with us still runs to the end of the season. 

Yeah I got my facts wrong with Holt's deal,  but the point still stands with someone like Kranjcar.

But you never mentioned Kranjcar! If you did I might have agreed with you.

Are we supposed to read your mind when you post things?😀😀

On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 9:27 AM, K.A.I said:

Agree completely. 

I don't rate Walker as highly as some others obviously do but when you lay it out like that it's a no-brainer and we've instantly improved our squad without, IMO, spending any more than we are now. I'd make them two a priority for January pre-contract-wise even as squad options.

I think behind the scenes we already have an agreement in place with walker. I think McLean will sign a new deal at Aberdeen.

Although it is frustrating to not get the player in this window, we did the right thing. For me he is a decent player but no more than that. I think he could improve a lot with us but there is no way we should be held to ransom by demands from Hearts when in the last year of his contract.  

On 9/2/2017 at 5:49 PM, MasterD said:

I don't think it's ever too late to develop as a player. Plenty examples of players across different levels who have flourished later on in their careers, even after playing lower league football.

Granted the lower leagues of Scotland are a lot different than elsewhere but I wouldn't necessarily say it's too late. 

Be interesting to see how Billy John pushes him.

I think Walker would improve us a young talented Scottish Player.

Really unsure on walker.. not sure he is or will be better than McKay.

Would take McLean, but things are going well for him at Aberdeen under McInnes. Wouldn't blame him if he signed a new deal there.

We'd have to show we were better than them for him to come to us. If we struggle to finish second I don't think he will. Think if we show we are capable of challenging for the league then that's what could influence him.

Walker and McLean would definitely improve us instantly, and it's another 2 hard working Scottish lads in the team who know this shite league.

Get them and 1 or 2 other quality players in and we will be serious title challengers as the scum won't go another full season unbeaten.

Walker in better than kenny surely, hopefully maybe even in Jan?