ForeverAndEver

Jamie Walker.

1,242 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Opening offer is not far away from what they want.

850k if they say no, then hold off till January if the boy is still there.

He is a good player and a fan so adding him and Dorrans will mean we have had a superb transfer window and adding some scottish players that know what it means to play here.

Is he? Up until recently he's always been said about be a Jambo, and proud to play for them as his great-uncle also did. I'd heard years back that some Aberdeen fans referred to Ryan Jack as "Union Jack," as it was known he supported us, but can't say I've heard afore that Walker is a Bear. 

Either way, he's no a taig. 

Just now, Aubie92 said:

Is he? Up until recently he's always been said about be a Jambo, and proud to play for them as his great-uncle also did. I'd heard years back that some Aberdeen fans referred to Ryan Jack as "Union Jack," as it was known he supported us, but can't say I've heard afore that Walker is a Bear. 

Everyone has heard before that he's a bear, it's common knowledge 

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Aubie92 said:

Aye mate 

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Everyone has heard before that he's a bear, it's common knowledge 

Genuinely hadn't. (Wasn't aware until I googled it there that he's been photographed among the fans at Ibrox. :lol:) Always assumed he was a Hearts fan as that's what they were saying years ago when he broke through, and it seemed believable given his family ties. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Aubie92 said:

Genuinely hadn't. (Wasn't aware until I googled it there that he's been photographed among the fans at Ibrox. :lol:) Always assumed he was a Hearts fan as that's what they were saying years ago when he broke through, and it seemed believable given his family ties. 

Think it was discussed a while back on here that he was a bear and all the hearts fans know he is too. Would give them 500k and O'halloran, replacing a taig with a bear that actually has talent

2 people like this

1 minute ago, Lloyd72 said:

Think it was discussed a while back on here that he was a bear and all the hearts fans know he is too. Would give them 500k and O'halloran, replacing a taig with a bear that actually has talent

Probably goes even more towards explaining Levein sticking the knife in then. They might have done that to any player who wanted to join us, but he's the (great)nephew of a club legend, so if he was a Jambo they might not have put out that snidey statement. 

I'm all for more proddies at Ibrox in general, regardless of whether they're from Glasgow or the Isle of Skye. We've had taigs that have put in the effort for us - Neil McCann :love: - and I don't think O'Halloran is one that wouldn't give their all in a Rangers jersey; he's just not good enough to play in one, regardless of his background. (He was only effective at St. Johnstone as they adapted play around him; he's not really a winger or a striker, and doesn't suit how we play - and isn't good enough to build our play around.) If we can shift him for Walker then we're getting someone who understands what the club is about, and is good enough to make an impact.  

2 people like this

I wish people would stop banging on about giving MOH to Hearts as part of this deal.

He is not going to take a pay cut the size of which he would need to in order to go from us to them.

And he would be quite right imo. How many of us would freely choose to move to a smaller company, who are looking to probably drop our pay by 50-60%?

Said it before and I will stand by it, either MOH gets a transfer to England or he is a Rangers player next season. 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

Said it before and I will stand by it, either MOH gets a transfer to England or he is a Rangers player next season. 

I reckon the most likely scenario is that he goes out on loan. 

1 minute ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

I reckon the most likely scenario is that he goes out on loan. 

Another distinct possibilty, yes. 

I just cannot see any way he signs full time for another Scottish side. The only one who could afford his wages certainly don't need him. 

O'Hallo

7 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

I wish people would stop banging on about giving MOH to Hearts as part of this deal.

He is not going to take a pay cut the size of which he would need to in order to go from us to them.

And he would be quite right imo. How many of us would freely choose to move to a smaller company, who are looking to probably drop our pay by 50-60%?

O'Halloran won't be signing for another SPFL side unless he's got a family and doesn't want to uproot them; he'd get better wages in League One or lower Championship teams, and it's not as if he's going to be able to move to a bigger team up here and compete for trophies. 

If we can shift him at all, and use the wages freed up to go towards Walker, it's an improvement. 

Just now, TheCutch said:

Another distinct possibilty, yes. 

I just cannot see any way he signs full time for another Scottish side. The only one who could afford his wages certainly don't need him. 

If tommy wright goes to Aberdeen I think he'll try to sign him

1 person likes this

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

He may well do mate.

And we might even agree a fee with the sheep but the player has all the power here. Only 18 months into a long term contract on wages that the sheep wouldn't dream of offering him.

He may well see it as a good move for his career, but I have serious doubts about whether he would or not. 

2 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Don't think Aberdeen can afford him, unless O'Halloran is willing to take a wage cut for first team football. Even then, sod letting him go to Aberdeen for a pittance; I'd want them to pay a fee, or use him as a make weight to get McLean for under £1 million. 

4 minutes ago, TheCutch said:

He may well do mate.

And we might even agree a fee with the sheep but the player has all the power here. Only 18 months into a long term contract on wages that the sheep wouldn't dream of offering him.

He may well see it as a good move for his career, but I have serious doubts about whether he would or not. 

He's good mates with Tommy Wright, liked working under him at st Johnstone apparently 

Can't see Hearts selling for anything under £1m.

Budge is a stubborn cow. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Budge is a stubborn cow. 

Aye I don't think she'll budge. 

3 people like this

4 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Budge is a stubborn cow. 

Aye she won't budge mate. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire_Bear said:

Aye she won't budge mate. 

Too slow buddy

1 person likes this

I'll keep setting them up lads. 

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Budge is a stubborn cow. 

She is, but she is also quite an astute business woman. I think we'll come to a mutually agreeable deal that leave both parties feeling like they haven't been ripped off. For me £1m is a rip-off given that he only has 1 year left on his deal and has made it known that he wants to leave.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

I'll keep setting them up lads. 

Hope you do a better job than last seasons midfield did. 

2 hours ago, the goal machine said:

Literally just signed for Dundee on loan.

It's going to be some laugh playing Dundee next season. Im looking forward to giving wee McCann a warm welcome, but not as much the abuse that wee fuckin rat bastards goin get. I hope Bruno snaps the prick in two

lololololol

socrates82

Squad Member

Posted Today, 16:53

750 grand and Lee Wallace. Deal!

I don't think she'll Budge.