ForeverAndEver

Jamie Walker.

1,242 posts in this topic

Just now, gazza27 said:

You really believe that?

if the sheep gaffer or mcleish got the job you'd think he would have signed?

If we went in for him aye, why wouldn't he? He has said himself it's his dream to play in europe.

5 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

If we went in for him aye, why wouldn't he? He has said himself it's his dream to play in europe.

I don't think he meant it was his dream to play in the backwater of Scottish football though. We're a club with a storied history, good stadium, good training facilities and the Old Firm game is famous throughout the world, but it's naive to think the manager isn't partly why Alves, Cardoso, Peña and Herrera signed up. (Numan and van Bronckhorst wouldn't have signed in '98 if Advocaat hadn't been the manager.) 

I don't think that means any of them will phone it in if Pedro goes. Papac didn't chuck it when Le Guen left; just depends on the individual, and the coaches involved. (If we replaced them with the sheep shagging McInnes then I think Alves, Cardoso etc would be looking to move on though.)

Just now, Aubie92 said:

I don't think he meant it was his dream to play in the backwater of Scottish football though. We're a club with a storied history, good stadium, good training facilities and the Old Firm game is famous throughout the world, but it's naive to think the manager isn't partly why Alves, Cardoso, Peña and Herrera signed up. (Numan and van Bronckhorst wouldn't have signed in '98 if Advocaat hadn't been the manager.) 

I don't think that means any of them will phone it in if Pedro goes. Papac didn't chuck it when Le Guen left; just depends on the individual, and the coaches involved. (If we replaced them with the sheep shagging McInnes then I think Alves, Cardoso etc would be looking to move on though.)

Probably not but he will be using us as a way to make his start in the UK and move on to a EPL team, that's how we should be selling ourselves to better calibre players who may not be especially excited to play in this country.

1 person likes this

Just now, Lloyd72 said:

Probably not but he will be using us as a way to make his start in the UK and move on to a EPL team, that's how we should be selling ourselves to better calibre players who may not be especially excited to play in this country.

I think that's definitely something Cardoso, Peña and Morelos would have been advised on before being sold on the move. Cardoso was highly rated in Portugal not long ago, and will see what's happened for Virgil van Dijk as the template for him. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Aubie92 said:

I think that's definitely something Cardoso, Peña and Morelos would have been advised on before being sold on the move. Cardoso was highly rated in Portugal not long ago, and will see what's happened for Virgil van Dijk as the template for him. 

I think Cardoso was a very shrewd signing and will go on to be a big player for us, especially next to ALves who can help mould him into a star.

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

I think Cardoso was a very shrewd signing and will go on to be a big player for us, especially next to ALves who can help mould him into a star.

On paper they should be a good partnership, and it'll do Cardoso the world of good to be playing alongside someone of that calibre and experience, and with it being a compatriot it may help him settle. (I think Alves will be our best signing for his experience and leadership alone, and because he knows what it's like to play abroad and will be able to help some of the other new signings with that.) A few Dutch former Old Firm players have admitted being surprised at how much van Dijk came on while at Celtic, as he wasn't thought that highly of beforehand. Cardoso's not as rough around the edges, so if he does play well for us over the next couple of seasons then he'll hopefully bag us a good fee. (Not before winning a title, hopefully.) 

1 person likes this

2 people like this

18 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Was Walker playing?

Just now, orange&blue92 said:

Was Walker playing?

Scored and won a penalty mate

Just now, orange&blue92 said:

Was Walker playing?

Aye 

he scored and won a penalty apparently 

I think Pedro was just there trying to fire into that wee geordie bird that works for us 

Sun reporting we're going in with another bid. Sounds like guesswork to me since he was attending the game.

1 person likes this

We play them in a few weeks. Possibly just research to see how they play as much as anything. I'd imagine having already made a bid or two, he'll know all there is to know about the guy.

1 person likes this

GERS READY BID 

Rangers will launch one last bid to prize Hearts star Jamie Walker away from Tynecastle

Pedro Caixinha took in Hearts' 2-1 friendly defeat to Newcastle to personally run the rule over the 24-year-old

EXCLUSIVE

RANGERS will launch one last bid for Hearts star Jamie Walker.

The Jam Tarts are bracing themselves for a fourth bid for the 24-year-old from Ibrox.

Walker impressed with a Man of the Match performance in 2-1 defeat.

Caixiinha watched Walker in action against Newcastle

Light Blues boss Pedro Caixinha took in Hearts’ 2-1 friendly defeat to Newcastle to personally run the rule over Walker, who caught the eye with his Man of the Match performance.

Ian Cathro had said a line had been drawn under the transfer saga, with Gers seemingly unwilling to match the stated £1-million asking price.

Hearts are resigned to losing Walker on a free transfer next summer, when his contract expires, with little prospect of him doing an about-turn and accepting the offer of fresh terms.

But he’s viewed as an important part of a new-look front three, alongside Isma Goncalves and Kyle Lafferty, and there is a real reluctance from club chiefs to cash in below their valuation.

Regardless, Rangers will attempt to change their minds, conscious of the player’s desire to join them.

It was thought their summer spending was at an end following the costly early exit from Europe, but Caixinha is desperate to land Walker and will be backed to mount another attempt at landing his signature.

I'd be satisfied with walker and McLean and a couple of loan full backs, maybe with purchase options. 

I'm more concerned about shifting players on at the minute though. Will party when we shift MOH windass crooks Forrester and the likes.

2 hours ago, Bronzy said:

GERS READY BID 

Rangers will launch one last bid to prize Hearts star Jamie Walker away from Tynecastle

Pedro Caixinha took in Hearts' 2-1 friendly defeat to Newcastle to personally run the rule over the 24-year-old

EXCLUSIVE

The Jam Tarts are bracing themselves for a fourth bid for the 24-year-old from Ibrox.

Light Blues boss Pedro Caixinha took in Hearts’ 2-1 friendly defeat to Newcastle to personally run the rule over Walker, who caught the eye with his Man of the Match performance.

Ian Cathro had said a line had been drawn under the transfer saga, with Gers seemingly unwilling to match the stated £1-million asking price.

Hearts are resigned to losing Walker on a free transfer next summer, when his contract expires, with little prospect of him doing an about-turn and accepting the offer of fresh terms.

But he’s viewed as an important part of a new-look front three, alongside Isma Goncalves and Kyle Lafferty, and there is a real reluctance from club chiefs to cash in below their valuation.

Regardless, Rangers will attempt to change their minds, conscious of the player’s desire to join them.

It was thought their summer spending was at an end following the costly early exit from Europe, but Caixinha is desperate to land Walker and will be backed to mount another attempt at landing his signature.

You'd imagine that we would be able to find a date for a friendly against Newcastle, with our connections to the club wouldn't you? 

I remember a couple of seasons ago they helped dig us out of a hole by loaning us 5 good young players.

Those were the days eh?

1 person likes this

Hopefully there's some truth behind the new bid. 

O'Halloran going in the other direction makes sense as they'll be needing a winger if Walker leaves and MOH is Hearts standard 

In keen on us getting Walker. For me this is the type of signing we made in the past and it always tended  to work out well for us. 

I think he has the potential to step up. 

If Pedro watched him in the flesh last night playing well I would assume a move might be close.

11 hours ago, Bronzy said:

GERS READY BID 

EXCLUSIVE

Please tell me this isnt the daily rebel

1 minute ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

Someone mentioned it was The Sun reporting it but not sure if that's their article or not 

2 minutes ago, Bellshill_Bear said:

It's the sun

1 person likes this

With 2 or 3 good standard friendlies starting next Saturday. We should be trying to get the deal done this week. I sure this  & debuts for dorrans,alves & Pena would get a few extra tickets sold for the Marseille game. I hope if it he does sign. We get more out of him than the last hearts winger we bought for around a million after playing well against English premiership opposition! Imo opinion I think we will. But who knows. 

39 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Someone mentioned it was The Sun reporting it but not sure if that's their article or not 

I seen the rebel headline about it but coz i didnt click it i didnt know what was going on. Was waiting for another article to get the goss then seen this

13 minutes ago, chipster said:

With 2 or 3 good standard friendlies starting next Saturday. We should be trying to get the deal done this week. I sure this  & debuts for dorrans,alves & Pena would get a few extra tickets sold for the Marseille game. I hope if it he does sign. We get more out of him than the last hearts winger we bought for around a million after playing well against English premiership opposition! Imo opinion I think we will. But who knows. 

If we pump Marseille were on for 55. If we get pumped caixinho oot

1 person likes this